• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phantom Thief (MHA) vs Homelander (TV Series)

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Another Homelander fight, can he win this one?

This is Joint Training Arc Phantom Thief.

Phantom Thief's Stats: 237.32 Tons of TNT and Mach 16.34. Varies with Copy.

Homelander's Stats: 289.3 Tons of TNT and Mach 18.2.

Obviously speed is not equalized here.

Starting Distance = 10 meters

Location = Abandoned Nabu Island

Who wins?

Phantom Thief: AThe1412, (1)

Homelander: (0)

Inconclusive: (0)

HqRkDWI.png

Last edited:
Not sure if Monoma can copy Homelander. Quirks come from genetics while most Supes in The Boys TV Show gained their powers from Compound V. The only exception so far is Ryan who is the first natural born supe.

Not sure if Monoma can copy Homelander. Quirks come from genetics while most Supes in The Boys TV Show gained their powers from Compound V. The only exception so far is Ryan who is the first natural born supe.
This should be kept up for debate, but while the origin is scientific in nature, they're still biological super powers.

You don't need to born with them, since Monoma could copy OFA from Izuku who was born Quirkless. (He didn't get the stored up power but he did copy the base Quirk)

Quirks origin to this day are still unknown, though I don't think origin is relevant.

What matters is what they are in nature, since Monoma wouldn't be able to copy things like magic, KI, ect.

This should be kept up for debate, but while the origin is scientific in nature, they're still biological super powers.

You don't need to born with them, since Monoma could copy OFA from Izuku who was born Quirkless. (He didn't get the stored up power but he did copy the base Quirk)

Quirks origin to this day are still unknown, though I don't think origin is relevant.

What matters is what they are in nature, since Monoma wouldn't be able to copy things like magic, KI, ect.
Okay. Let's assume that Monoma can copy his opponent. He would first have to close the 10 meter distance and touch Homie while the latter will probably start flying and using heat vision. Getting hit once will be bad for him but PT does have the acrobatics feats to avoid Homelander's attacks and tag him even when the latter is in the air. Then, it comes down to if he can adapt quickly enough to the newly acquired powerset and beat Homie with superior combat skill which he most likely would, especially if we take his performance during the Final War Arc into account. For that reason, I'm placing my bet on Phantom Thief.

Homelander seems to like going up close in personal, he has no reason to fly away from what he sees as a normal human and use his heat vision on him.

I'd assume he'd fly towards him to either snap his neck or try to punch a hole through him.

Time adjust a bit is right as I'm certain Monoma hasn't experienced flying at this point and won't know about the Heat Vision until Homelander uses it.

Vote counted, for now.

Homelander seems to like going up close in personal, he has no reason to fly away from what he sees as a normal human and use his heat vision on him.

I'd assume he'd fly towards him to either snap his neck or try to punch a hole through him.

Time adjust a bit is right as I'm certain Monoma hasn't experienced flying at this point and won't know about the Heat Vision until Homelander uses it.

Vote counted, for now.
He uses heat vision at the slightest inconvenience and starts most of his fights with it but yeah, you're probably right about him not flying immediately until he feels threatened.

Doesn't Monoma just outright outskill Homelander? Not to mention he has a habit of pissing people off on purpose to mess with their heads as shown in the Joint Training and Sports Festival arcs.

Doesn't Monoma just outright outskill Homelander? Not to mention he has a habit of pissing people off on purpose to mess with their heads as shown in the Joint Training and Sports Festival arcs.
He does but that still doesn't mean Homie isn't a threat. He's a bit faster than him at the start of the fight and Monoma has zero heat resistance so he can't afford to get hit by the eye lasers. He'll need time to get used to Homie's abilities once he obtains them and as Rusty pointed out, he has never copied and used flight before so it'll take him a bit longer.
owbxruloufjc1.jpeg

Fight goes like this
If Monoma can't dodge then yeah.

Last edited:
Monoma does not typically have Homelander's powers, but is very strong, so when he got them, he would be stronger than Homelander.
His AP doesn't stack with his opponents when he copies their powers. If it did, he would have easily won most of his fights. He only becomes as strong as they are.

Back