• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

personas vs stands

Noticing the simalarites between the two I always wonder this.

Round 1: Designs

Round 2: Hax

Round 3: durabiltiy

Round 4: overall power

^the creator of the stands actually got his idea from the persona they will of course show similaritys ^_^

R1: Stands

R2: Stands (maybe, i only know a bit about Persona but they dont seem that haxxed)

R3: persona, i now a lot about stands and in gneral stands are a lot more durable than humans but not that much, and of course it always depends on the stand

R4: no idea, i say Stand because i dont know enough about personas, and it depends on the stand-type, some cant be used offensively like Part2-jojos stand :(

Personas were inspired by stand so no surprise.

Round 1 : I only consider design unique to personas (don't count tose who are also demons desig-wise) . I prefer Personas. The symbolism and idea behind the design is just great.

Round 2 : Stands. Personas have hax but they share them. Stands are almost limitless, weird and crazy yet powerful.

Round 3 : No idea. Personas aren't meant to be hit in the game.

Round 4 : Hard....it depends of the situation : individually, HL Personas are really versatile and make the user hard to kill but Stands have variety and some of them are really broken so in 1 Vs 1 mostly Personas, in a great army clash, Stands.

R1 personas

R2 Stands (personas have instant death, status effect giving [petrification, poisin, etc], stat buff and debuffs, but they can't quite compare with the likes of GER)

R3 I think Personas (most stands Herve relatively fragile human hosts, and the strongest stands seem to be lacking in durability feats)

R4 Persona, (the strongest of both are universe+, but the strongest Personas are faster, and have resisted things like universal resets, which, iirc, are what give the top stands their tier)

Round 1: The Designs all look weird and cool to me

Round 2: Stands are just downright ridiculous when using hax

Round 3: Inconclusive, they both seem to have similar durability

Round 4: Stands are just downright ridulous when it comes to unique and strong powers.

CuriousWatcher wrote

Round 3 : No idea. Personas aren't meant to be hit in the game.

In the various manga and anime Personas are often hit as well as their human counterparts, so I typically assume that they're equally durable

does no one care about devil survivor demons though? I thought they were pretty cool, and you can have a lot more of one at a time

GreatestSin said:
^the creator of the stands actually got his idea from the persona they will of course show similaritys ^_^
R1: Stands

R2: Stands (maybe, i only know a bit about Persona but they dont seem that haxxed)

R3: persona, i now a lot about stands and in gneral stands are a lot more durable than humans but not that much, and of course it always depends on the stand

R4: no idea, i say Stand because i dont know enough about personas, and it depends on the stand-type, some cant be used offensively like Part2-jojos stand :(
did i catch that right stands inspired by perona? I believe it's the other way around....One cleary came before

Yeah, I know but aren't the games the official versions (except for the name of the protagonists).

Anyway, for the sake of the thread, I consider the anime and the mangas. I would go for Personas in general but not any of them is on the level of Notorious B.I.G., the invicible stand.

Aurasuke said:
does no one care about devil survivor demons though? I thought they were pretty cool, and you can have a lot more of one at a time
SMT demons are awesome, but they aren't what's being asked about, since they don't share similarities to stand's like personas do

Round 1 : Persona. Stands's design are sooooo.... not so good >___> Stand never have any design this badass , or like this this ,this this (Have to admit, Trinity Soul have alot of good design :3 )

Round 2 : Stands, they have much better hax and some of those hax are really insane like GER, The Hand, Stair Way to Heaven, Killer Queen BtD,ect...

Round 3 : Persona, they've gone toes on toes with the Universe busters, multi-continent buster, fought the moon itself and instant killed a being that was going to destroy the world

Round 4 : Idk, maybe Persona ? because Nyarlathotep himself was a persona (Kandori's persona) and he is on par with Philemon, who can create a parallel world like nothing (Going with what Timeless told me ), Persona 2 EP crew beat him up so you got another 4 universe buster. Heh, even Philemon himself has a Persona so that make 6 universe level persona

^ Wonder why people think persona is better than devil survivor lol, I actually enjoyed Devil survivor 2 better than persona the animation.

I kind of quit halfway for persona the animation because things just seemed completely strange and unrelatable, but at least in devil survivor battles took place in real cities.

Aurasuke said:
are we counting devil survivor demon summons as they are part of the same universe as personas?
Nope, Persona/Devil Summoner universe is just another universe in the Amala Multiverse, which is the reality where the Great Destruction from SMT 1 didnt happen because Raidou Kuzunoha the XL travel back to the past and change the future. The Devil Summoner and Persona were a same universe but it got seperated when Tatsuya and his crew created the "Other Side" (Simple explaination : it's another universe)

@GreatestSi

Stands came first. The anime of Stardust Crusader is recent but the manga first was published in 1989. Persona came out in 1996.

Stand came first. But it's alway annoyed me when everyone keep saying that Persona is a total rip-off of JoJo

Is their any proof that personas based off stands?

They can be equally be based on guardian spirits like stands were.

FuaadMohamoud said:
-.- I know I read the manga
Sorry, I tagged the wrong person.

You may be right. The jojo wikia lists personas among what jjba inspired but the megaten wikia has another explanation : the guardians from SMT If....

FuaadMohamoud said:
did i catch that right stands inspired by perona? I believe it's the other way around....One cleary came before
as i know it, it is that the author of jojo (while planning paart3) and thinking about a new powersystem he got inspired by the persona-verse (it existed before jojo right?), he even asked the creator of persona if he can use a similar concept for his own story :)

@curiouswatcher

but the gams existed before that, at least as far as i know :I

PS: i dont really mind of stands got inspired by personas, doesnt really change how awesome they are, and there is actually no way to create something entirely new anymore since practically everything was used in some way :( (or it cant be used because it is to boring)

(it existed before jojo right?)

Totally Nope

he even asked the creator of persona if he can use a similar concept for his own story

what the hell ?

Stands : 1989

Persona : 1996

MagiSinbad said:
(it existed before jojo right?)
Totally Nope

he even asked the creator of persona if he can use a similar concept for his own story

what the hell ?

Stands : 1989

Persona : 1996
^this

@GreatestSin

What wrong source told you that? Stands were created years before Personas. The first Persona game came out in 1996, nothing about them before that. Stands were created in 1989.

@MagiSinbad Here

oh, than sorry about that, i thought the persona-verse was created before jojo part3 (at least this was what i was told) :( i stay corrected ^_^

as i know it, it is that the author of jojo (while planning paart3) and thinking about a new powersystem he got inspired by the persona-verse (it existed before jojo right?), he even asked the creator of persona if he can use a similar concept for his own story :)

@curiouswatcher

but the gams existed before that, at least as far as i know :I

PS: i dont really mind of stands got inspired by personas, doesnt really change how awesome they are, and there is actually no way to create something entirely new anymore since practically everything was used in some way :( (or it cant be used because it is to boring)

You got the whole thing backwards, the concep for persona was inspired in part 3 stands, the creator mentioned it in one of the first persona mangas (not sure which chapter,but it was the first adaptation)

Round 1: Stands, persona has some awesome intricate designs but sometimes simple is better.

Round 2: Stands have more Hax, personas more raw power.

Round 3: Personas, they are overall more durable IMO stands are normally pretty frail.

Round 4: Persona by a long shot, only requiems and stands that reach heaven could counter continent busting personas.

(stealth bump)

Actually,in the Interview between Hirohiko Araki and the designer of Persona 3,It was explained that Personas were based on guardian spirits

That Said

Round 1:personas

Round 2: Stands(JoJo is crazy with the hax that It has)

Round 3:personas(They showed much more durability than stands

Round 4:personas(Sorry Stands but Personas showed much more feats of power

Back