• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Permission from other wikis.

2 Baccano profiles made by me and rest of the profiles made by other users have several information taken directly from the Baccano! wiki , thankfully I got permission from @Revriley to use the info as long as I credit her wiki. So crediting other wikis is fine right?

Normally I'd greatly prefer we just write our own stuff. But if the wiki gave you permission to do so, I think it should be fine as long as you give credit. I also appreciate Revriley for being kind enough to let us do so.

@Ryu

"Please do not plagiarise from other wikis or online databases. It is unprofessional and shows a lack of effort on the part of the user. If you are getting your information from another wiki, please rephrase and summarise the passage in your own words instead of simply copying it."

What about this? Do I have to reword my profiles now.....It would be a pain. Though I would be careful about this in the future.

Hello, -BANLK- just linked this discussion to me, and I thought I ought to link our discussion here in turn. I was concerned when I learned that this wiki had copied information from the Baccano! Wiki a year ago without my knowledge, but I was glad that -BANLK- readily reponded to my request that you at least hyperlink to and credit the wiki. I'll stay out of your internal rules and the conduct associated with them, but for now I am at least grateful that if the work is not to be rephrased than at least it is now/will be sufficiently attributed.

Thank you.

(And now I really am off to sleep.)

@Revriley Thank you for your kindness and good night.

@-BANLK- If you copied them then it's at least fair you be the one to fix it. Or at least credit the wiki for now.

@Ryu No worries I credited my profiles aswell as all the Baccano profiles which have copied information from her wiki.

Majority of the copied material are in the summary and most of it is of no importance so cutting the summary short is a better option. (This generally applies to most profiles in this wiki)

Back