• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Past Manipulation

I noticed that some profiles list past manipulation among their power and abilities section, but there is no past manipulation page, is there a reason for this?

To be clear, when I say past manipulation, I'm referring to the opposite of fate manipulation, whereby you manipulate the past to have an effect on the present.

I'm guessing it's former ability that was removed? That just sounds like like time manip

It would fall under Causality manipulation or Fate manipulation. Manipulating someone's past can do cause and effect that could disrupt the present; which would be their future in the context of the past. Using hax to cause a time paradox to prevent someone from ever being born would still fall under Fate Manipulation.

That is just time manipulation with the other powers, it seems the profile is wording.

And that is just two profiles.

That is just time manipulation with the other powers, it seems the profile is wording.

And that is just two profiles.
I probably should have worded "some profiles" better but the point remains, and I really doubt those are the only two profiles on this wiki with past manipulation written.

How is it time manipulation? He's changing things in the past which then change things in the present, through that logic, you could also label fate manipulation as just time manipulation.

Because he's inserting himself in the past to change things in the present? And is pointed out to create new timelines.

Granted now that I think about it is more akin to a short time travel.

Because he's inserting himself in the past to change things in the present? And is pointed out to create new timelines.

Granted now that I think about it is more akin to a short time travel.
It's complicated because he doesn't literally travel to the past, he just inserts his presence into the past of whatever he cuts but he still remains in the present.

No time travel is occurring.

He is sending something to the past to change things in the present, that is enough justification for time travel, it just not done to himself, or whatever.

Back