• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Partners in Crime: Tier 9-A Duo Tournament; Round 3 Match 1: Kim & Shego VS Lupin & Koichi (0-5-0)

Catbowtie

Any/All
724e8d045fa3abd22862926a3227adf03fdc949c_s2_n2_y1.jpg

Assumptions:​

Combatants start 30 meters away from each other and out of sight.
Speed Equalized
All Combatants are restricted to 9-A
All combatants have their Standard Equipment
The battle's location takes place in Crawford (There's no zombies)
Otherwise, Standard Battle Assumptions

CombatantsVotes
Kim & Shego
Lupin III & Koichi Zenigata@Shadowslash125, @Detective_Blizzard, @Imaginym, @Adem_Warlock69, @Catbowtie
Inconclusive

Last edited:
Okay, so the main asset here is Shego because Lupin would immediately fold for her and go awooga awooga.

So, an immediate thing to note on this fight is the social influence. With Hat Kid and Empress there was a bit of a possibility of it not happening but there are 0 timelines where Lupin sees Shego and doesn't immediately tried to seduce/convince her to give up. It's written in his DNA.

As for how effective it is, I'm not an expert on the series but from I can tell Shego is pretty easily swayed with people with high financial wealth and I don't see a reason why Lupin's tricks wouldn't work on her considering how willing he is to both brag and back up his words when it comes to his criminal history.

Kim on the other hand is a very different story when left alone with Zenigata, her recent class 100 upgrade means that the handcuffs aren't going to be effective which means he's going to have to rely on his guns. There's a 3x difference between the two in physical attack power and durability, but Zenigata is tricky enough that while he does lose considerably he can still do things like disabling Kim's jetpack with a masterful shot by forcing her to dodge.

Then it comes down to Lupin and Kim (or just him getting 2v1'd by the two) and to be blunt, Lupin's skill seems to be higher than what they can handle. While Kim and Shego have BS stealth, Lupin has the same level of it with vastly more experience with the added bonus of being the only one of the three to have senses good enough to counter it. Be it from knocking them out via smoke bombs or using Kim's own gear against her there isn't much room for error in Lupin's corner since Kim has nothing he doesn't have extensive experience with and while Shego has tricks up her sleeve, Lupin either counters it (sleep manip) or can just out-think/stealth it (energy blasts)

Last edited:
Okay, so the main asset here is Shego because Lupin would immediately fold for her and go awooga awooga.
While Lupin has a weakness for women, he's fully aware of it and often plays into it in order to fool them. Since his goal is to win this fight it's unlikely for him to give up like that, the man is stupidly prideful even for minor contests

As for how effective it is, I'm not an expert on the series but from I can tell Shego is pretty easily swayed with people with high financial wealth and I don't see a reason why Lupin's tricks wouldn't work on her considering how willing he is to both brag and back up his words when it comes to his criminal history.
Yes, but not completely. Like in the Jeff Bezos episode during the mid-credits sequence, if there’s something that makes or breaks the deal, like Lupin’s personality or Zenigata being not cool with him bribing and letting a known criminal wanted in pretty much every country go free, she’s out. Zenigata’s with Interpol, so he should definitely not be okay with that option. Possibly some in-fighting to go off of there.
Kim on the other hand is a very different story when left alone with Zenigata, her recent class 100 upgrade means that the handcuffs aren't going to be effective which means he's going to have to rely on his guns. There's a 3x difference between the two in physical attack power and durability, but Zenigata is tricky enough that while he does lose considerably he can still do things like disabling Kim's jetpack with a masterful shot by forcing her to dodge.
Kim also does have her magnetic bracelet which she can use to disarm him and his weaponry, as seen with Duff’s golf club. On the account that she doesn’t even need to use the jetpack, her acrobatics combined with Shego’s are going to make it very difficult for him to hit her, even with his impressive precision. They’re basically constantly moving targets.
Then it comes down to Lupin and Kim (or just him getting 2v1'd by the two) and to be blunt, Lupin's skill seems to be higher than what they can handle. While Kim and Shego have BS stealth, Lupin has the same level of it with vastly more experience with the added bonus of being the only one of the three to have senses good enough to counter it. Be it from knocking them out via smoke bombs or using Kim's own gear against her there isn't much room for error in Lupin's corner since Kim has nothing he doesn't have extensive experience with
Lupin’s skill is impressive but Shego and Kim are still no slouches and could overwhelm him with the 2v1. Kim could snatch the smoke bombs from out of his reach with the magnetic bracelet, and the “using her own gear against her” thing is only for her Battle Suit which has gotten hacked before, but this is not standard equipment and everything else that she uses has served her just fine in the past.
and while Shego has tricks up her sleeve, Lupin either counters it (sleep manip) or can just out-think/stealth it (energy blasts)
Lupin’s sleep resistance is incredibly minor. He’s still affected by it, but he only wakes up in less time than a normal human would. For those hours, he’s still vulnerable and it only takes a moment to activate.

Yes, but not completely. Like in the Jeff Bezos episode during the mid-credits sequence, if there’s something that makes or breaks the deal, like Lupin’s personality or Zenigata being not cool with him bribing and letting a known criminal wanted in pretty much every country go free, she’s out. Zenigata’s with Interpol, so he should definitely not be okay with that option. Possibly some in-fighting to go off of there.
Zenigata 100% isn't going to be OK with it....... but he's not going to have much say in it since Kim beats him and if he's still in the fight when she's down, Lupin will just distract him to let Shego leave. It's practically routine for those two and Zenigata in character would list Lupin as a bigger concern than Shego if Lupin decides to call off the truce.

As for deal breakers, there aren't any with Lupin. He's incredibly good at seducing women being able to masterfully be both a handsome gentleman and a goofy guy that's hard to hate. His main concerns are things like his extensive list of exs and current flings but thats something that happens looooong after the fight. This man was able to convince a woman he just met into marrying him (granted, both had plans to use the other but so does Shego soooooo)

Kim also does have her magnetic bracelet which she can use to disarm him and his weaponry, as seen with Duff’s golf club. On the account that she doesn’t even need to use the jetpack, her acrobatics combined with Shego’s are going to make it very difficult for him to hit her, even with his impressive precision. They’re basically constantly moving targets.
Unironically the magnet would backfire against her, the man has so many handcuffs that she would get buried 3 times over (he often has enough to bury Lupin with them and still have more to throw). As for acrobatics it's unlikely to be effective due to Zenigata's masterful aim with a gun, the Lupin characters have acrobatics of their own and can sometimes just defy physics with it (Lupin's signature swimming in air). And Zenigata more than anyone is used to fighting moving targets on account of him constantly being the one having to chase him enemies.

Lupin’s skill is impressive but Shego and Kim are still no slouches and could overwhelm him with the 2v1. Kim could snatch the smoke bombs from out of his reach with the magnetic bracelet, and the “using her own gear against her” thing is only for her Battle Suit which has gotten hacked before, but this is not standard equipment and everything else that she uses has served her just fine in the past.
Magnetic bracelet isn't going to work and what I ment by use her own gear I ment her equipment. Lupin's monocle would be good enough to hack into her Kimmunicator in order to get info on her and her gear. With her gear just being standard stuff that Lupin has seen countless times already. Hell Lupin himself uses portable magnets from time to time. Plus if the magnet watch makes a sound he has feats to hear that and then prepare against it.

There is also just the added stealth factor where they can't see a thing he does whereas he's going to have them on lockdown all the way

Lupin’s sleep resistance is incredibly minor. He’s still affected by it, but he only wakes up in less time than a normal human would. For those hours, he’s still vulnerable and it only takes a moment to activate.
That resistance makes him recover several times faster than a normal human, but I was more reffering to his resistance to dream manipulation since it's more applicable here (supernatural force driving him to sleep rather than something actually entering his system) which he can just wake up from on demand.

Last edited:
Side question, is mind control restricted for these due to being too haxy or not, cause I just realized this battlefield unironically gives Lupin the option to use one of his forms of mind control that I'm aware of.

It's highly situational, but if Lupin gets his hands on a spoon and put a hole in it with a certain way, he can use the hole for sound based mind control by swinging the spoon around like a conductor. Granted it's far from the first thing he'd do and needs a bit of hiding and crafting, but it's an option for him if push comes to shove.

Edit: I misremembered, no crafting needed, the spoon he uses is just a strainer spoon lol. Which while not as common should still be somewhere in this setting

Side question, is mind control restricted for these due to being too haxy or not, cause I just realized this battlefield unironically gives Lupin the option to use one of his forms of mind control that I'm aware of.

It's highly situational, but if Lupin gets his hands on a spoon and put a hole in it with a certain way, he can use the hole for sound based mind control by swinging the spoon around like a conductor. Granted it's far from the first thing he'd do and needs a bit of hiding and crafting, but it's an option for him if push comes to shove.

Edit: I misremembered, no crafting needed, the spoon he uses is just a strainer spoon lol. Which while not as common should still be somewhere in this setting
If he finds it, then it's fine I guess? Though I assume they'll be fighting in the streets and not in someone's kitchen at the moment.

If he finds it, then I guess? Though I assume they'll be fighting in the streets and not in someone's kitchen at the moment.
I mean the fights could start anywhere considering the mobility of these characters, I'm just saying that due to Lupin's BS stealth he could literally just turn a corner and disappear from Kim and Shego's pov and then just find one if he's being pushed to a high level

Like, I’m pretty sure my team just gets stomped here.
I wouldn't say stomped, considering 2 of Lupin's weaknesses are literally "women" and "not having prep time"

But at the same time, Lupin's sheer skill and intelligence are a long AF list for a reason. While room for error is there and he can be caught lacking, it's always an unlikely scenario unless he's in a casual setting to begin with.

I wouldn't say stomped, considering 2 of Lupin's weaknesses are literally "women" and "not having prep time"

But at the same time, Lupin's sheer skill and intelligence are a long AF list for a reason. While room for error is there and he can be caught lacking, it's always an unlikely scenario unless he's in a casual setting to begin with.
Yeah, this team is just kinda haxless besides maybe sleep manipulation, but it’s unlikely that they’d ever land a hit.

So what does this change?
You’d say the magnetic bracelet would backfire because it would just end up attracting the full thing, but Kim could simply just attract whatever she needs to and turn it off whenever. She could also just counterhack the monocle with the Kimmunicator’s jamming signals.

You’d say the magnetic bracelet would backfire because it would just end up attracting the full thing, but Kim could simply just attract whatever she needs to and turn it off whenever. She could also just counterhack the monocle with the Kimmunicator’s jamming signals.
While that does prevent her from just summoning Zenigata's entire arsenal at her...... it doesn't necessarily help with the hand cuffs considering he's already throwing them at her wrists. (Class 100 does help tho) Plus with them being selective that does mean that she wouldn't steal all of Lupin's smoke bombs and just steal them one at a time. Which just feels like asking for one of them to be pre-triggered before getting stolen.

As for the jamming signal, I'd find it unlikely since neither Kim or Shego have anything else that Lupin would be hacking except maybe the magnet watch or jetpack if those are possible. Whereas Kim likely would just be using the Kimmunicator which Lupin would notice and respond with the monocle. Plus it's entirely possible he'd just see it when scanning Kim with it and start hacking it before she even notices him.

Kinda a situation of "one needs to happen before the other" since while both can counter the other, one would only be pulled out in response to the other and not vice versa

While that does prevent her from just summoning Zenigata's entire arsenal at her...... it doesn't necessarily help with the hand cuffs considering he's already throwing them at her wrists. (Class 100 does help tho) Plus with them being selective that does mean that she wouldn't steal all of Lupin's smoke bombs and just steal them one at a time. Which just feels like asking for one of them to be pre-triggered before getting stolen.
The profile doesn’t specify how many smoke bombs Lupin has and for all well know, he has just maybe two, which she can coordinate with Shego with so she can blast them out of the air with her own impressive aim. Same with Zenigata’s handcuffs, Shego’s blasts would just vaporize them.
As for the jamming signal, I'd find it unlikely since neither Kim or Shego have anything else that Lupin would be hacking except maybe the magnet watch or jetpack if those are possible. Whereas Kim likely would just be using the Kimmunicator which Lupin would notice and respond with the monocle. Plus it's entirely possible he'd just see it when scanning Kim with it and start hacking it before she even notices him.
She wouldn’t have any reason to use the Kimmunicator except if the monocle is being used though. And if it does, she can just track the signal and hack it that way. More often than not, she opens first cleanly.

I feel like Shego’s own aim is being downplayed here as well considering she can accurately aim in the air with her eyes closed and can already blast projectiles in midair. Plus, she can alter her blasts into spreadshots and giant energy balls, destroying walls and lighting the whole place up until there’s no hiding places left. If they get hit by even one of those, they’re getting seriously messed up.

The profile doesn’t specify how many smoke bombs Lupin has and for all well know, he has just maybe two, which she can coordinate with Shego with so she can blast them out of the air with her own impressive aim. Same with Zenigata’s handcuffs, Shego’s blasts would just vaporize them.
He'd likely have more since he can fill entire rooms with smoke, but even if he just had 2 that's enough for one to be grabbed by the magnets and then for the second to be pre-armed so it goes off when Kim steals it (also nothing stops him from just stealing it back)

Edit: as for Shego blasting it mid-air, Lupin could just as easily block the blast with his own projectile, either with his bullets or just whatever he can grab at the moment

She wouldn’t have any reason to use the Kimmunicator except if the monocle is being used though. And if it does, she can just track the signal and hack it that way. More often than not, she opens first cleanly.
Information analysis to learn about Zenigata and Lupin (wouldn't be as effective due to Lupin in-universe having god awful information about himself), x-ray to try and find Lupin/Zenigata, or transforming into a car for mobility. There are definitely uses for it that she'd use first and while it might be possible to track the signal back, that molecule is very experienced with dealing with highly guarded equipment and leaving little to no trace behind. It's entirely possible that Lupin is either gone from the spot the signal goes to, he bricks the device after getting what he wants, or she just doesn't notice it got hacked. Also since Wade is on the other side to warn Kim on things, I think it's just more likely Lupin just bricks the thing to prevent outside influence.

I feel like Shego’s own aim is being downplayed here as well considering she can accurately aim in the air with her eyes closed and can already blast projectiles in midair. Plus, she can alter her blasts into spreadshots and giant energy balls, destroying walls and lighting the whole place up until there’s no hiding places left. If they get hit by even one of those, they’re getting seriously messed up.
While that is impressive, Lupin is dodging characters who have just as impressive aim and then some. Master marksmen in this verse are capable of having perfect aim without looking, ricochet a bullet mid-air in order to land a perfect hit with another one, and Lupin is capable of planning entire scenarios in his head with minimum time and effort.

Shego's entire toolkit is a big reason why I don't call it a stomp because if it does land it would be nasty. Problem is she's up against someone with far better senses, skills, and debatably better mobility without equipment (Lupin is also highly acrobatic but has the added benefits of running vertically and being able to kinda swim mid-air)

As for her destroying every hiding place...... this is an entire city. She's not going to be able to destroy every hiding spot before Lupin pulls a fast one in some manner or fashion. With the added effect of all of the rubble she's making creating new hiding spots and openings for him to.

He'd likely have more since he can fill entire rooms with smoke, but even if he just had 2 that's enough for one to be grabbed by the magnets and then for the second to be pre-armed so it goes off when Kim steals it (also nothing stops him from just stealing it back)

Edit: as for Shego blasting it mid-air, Lupin could just as easily block the blast with his own projectile, either with his bullets or just whatever he can grab at the moment
Shego’s blasts would just destroy them/vaporize them/etc.
Information analysis to learn about Zenigata and Lupin (wouldn't be as effective due to Lupin in-universe having god awful information about himself)
She wouldn’t need that, and typically doesn’t lead with that
x-ray to try and find Lupin/Zenigata
Wouldn’t need to with Shego blasting the whole place to hell and back and keeping at her side.
or transforming into a car for mobility.
Typically doesn’t lead with this since it’s only a tiny car and only Wade really ever uses it.
There are definitely uses for it that she'd use first and while it might be possible to track the signal back, that molecule is very experienced with dealing with highly guarded equipment and leaving little to no trace behind.
Scans?
It's entirely possible that Lupin is either gone from the spot the signal goes to, he bricks the device after getting what he wants, or she just doesn't notice it got hacked. Also since Wade is on the other side to warn Kim on things, I think it's just more likely Lupin just bricks the thing to prevent outside influence.
Wade’s not here anyway. She doesn’t have outside help.
While that is impressive, Lupin is dodging characters who have just as impressive aim and then some. Master marksmen in this verse are capable of having perfect aim without looking, ricochet a bullet mid-air in order to land a perfect hit with another one
Both of which, Shego has done with better projectiles than a bullet. Even then, there’s nothing stopping her from simply shooting them out of the air.
and Lupin is capable of planning entire scenarios in his head with minimum time and effort.
He’s only ever done that with stealing a diamond but it’s not really too applicable with people with different skillsets a la Shego and Kim.
Shego's entire toolkit is a big reason why I don't call it a stomp because if it does land it would be nasty. Problem is she's up against someone with far better senses, skills, and debatably better mobility without equipment (Lupin is also highly acrobatic but has the added benefits of running vertically and being able to kinda swim mid-air)
The swimming in mid-air is just a bit of toon force and wouldn’t really help him that much. If anything, it would leave him more open. Same with running sideways. Shego and Kim’s acrobatics are definitely more impressive and they utilize them in combat way more. Shego also wouldn’t be completely useless here since most of the time she gets into Drakken’s lair, she has always been the one to spot Kim outside of being just a master of infiltration herself.
As for her destroying every hiding place...... this is an entire city. She's not going to be able to destroy every hiding spot before Lupin pulls a fast one in some manner or fashion. With the added effect of all of the rubble she's making creating new hiding spots and openings for him to.
One, Shego’s blasts typically fragment walls and the like very violently. They wouldn’t leave much of anything to hide behind, and at that point, there’d just be open space and Shego and Kim can just post up Avengers-style to watch both of their backs in an open area where stealth is nearly impossible.

Shego’s blasts would just destroy them/vaporize them/etc.
Yes, but from what I can tell from several Shego clips they kinda just stop when they hit a target. So if Lupin attacked them mid-air I'm led to believe that the blast would just explode/vaporize early and not hit its target

Wouldn’t need to with Shego blasting the whole place to hell and back and keeping at her side.
If Shego is doing that first, then the odds of Lupin just stealth fighting dramatically increases as he priorities taking her out first. That kinda just makes her a massive target for Lupin to focus on and if they are side by side that leaves then vulnerable to the gas

Episode 1 of part 5 is him sneaking into the Twin Towers (no not that one), a highly secure cloud memory bank which is used to sell things on the dark web site Marco Polo. An untraceable website that allowed criminals to sell illegal things without being caught. The only reason he was caught was because Ami, the person who built all the technical stuff, used a device of similar level of tech of Lupin's monocle to alert security. Before that they had no idea there was an issue despite him being over 100 meters in their underwater Tower

Wade’s not here anyway. She doesn’t have outside help.
Wasn't sure if he was allowed since I thought her information analysis included him, fair enough but outside communication is still reason enough for him to brick it

Both of which, Shego has done with better projectiles than a bullet. Even then, there’s nothing stopping her from simply shooting them out of the air.
Hold up, she's ricocheted her projectile off of other projectiles? Can I have scans of that cause that sounds cool. Also her shooting Lupin's out of the air wasn't my point since if he's going for a kill shot it's going be from stealth. My point was he'd be able to dodge and predict where her projectiles go and likely be capable of just stopping them before it hits him.

As for other feats of mastery of marksmanship, both him and Zenigata are capable of redirecting bullets with minimum effort. With both of them having this feat and Lupin having
this incredibly casual feat without even looking. And for something harder to quantify, him and Jigen are consistently able to pressure Goemon with their accuracy, which is saying something considering he's consistently shown to casually deal with close range machine gun fire.

He’s only ever done that with stealing a diamond but it’s not really too applicable with people with different skillsets a la Shego and Kim.

It would be applicable for him dodging Shego's energy blasts but it was more to further a point of "her attack spamming isn't much of a win condition given the skill level of Lupin".

The swimming in mid-air is just a bit of toon force and wouldn’t really help him that much. If anything, it would leave him more open. Same with running sideways. Shego and Kim’s acrobatics are definitely more impressive and they utilize them in combat way more. Shego also wouldn’t be completely useless here since most of the time she gets into Drakken’s lair, she has always been the one to spot Kim outside of being just a master of infiltration herself.

For starters, him swimming mid-air is more of a unexpected thing which could let him dodge an attack that Shego wouldn't expect assuming she had him in a mid-air checkmate. Secondly I didn't say sideways I said vertically, (edit: because this is being goofy and not showing it, it's just the link on his page that shows him literally running up a wall) he has an entire degree of movement that makes it harder to predict where he's going to go.

As for the acrobatics, I don't know what you mean by them having more impressive and combat focused acrobatics. Lupin's acrobatics are his bread and butter, being his primary form of fighting since he typically never fights directly and instead uses them to run and dodge. Also his famous grappling hook gives him more mobility since he's use it to spider-man now and then

As for Shego spotting him....... yeah that's just not happening. While she's capable of spotting hidden people, Lupin is literally stealthing around characters with FAR better senses to the point that they can classify as extrasensory. The odds of her spotting him before it's too late is just slim to practically none.

One, Shego’s blasts typically fragment walls and the like very violently. They wouldn’t leave much of anything to hide behind, and at that point, there’d just be open space and Shego and Kim can just post up Avengers-style to watch both of their backs in an open area where stealth is nearly impossible.

One, Shego's blasts fragmenting walls isn't the most effective method of removing all terrain when there's an entire city to hide in. Also side note there's also a literal forest to run to if the city somehow got completely leveled before Lupin pulled a trick.

Two, you more than anyone should know that open fields aren't stealth proof. By the power of bullshit even an early and mostly incompetent Zenigata is capable of having an entire crowd of people staring at him, some trained guards, fail to see him handcuff not only his target but himself accidentally, and nobody noticed until Zenigata points it out. While Kim and Shego have a similar type of BS stealth, Lupin has a far longer track record and has the senses to counter it whereas those two don't.

Last edited:
Apologies, I'm unsure, what are the matchups for stuff like LS here?
Also wondering how, if at all, Shego would respond to Lupin's SI, since it sounds like he'd lead with that here.
& there's also the matter of her range; If she could catch him in AoE. Can she control whether her blasts explode or not, so as to make one that he thought he dodged explode?

Apologies, I'm unsure, what are the matchups for stuff like LS here?
Also wondering how, if at all, Shego would respond to Lupin's SI, since it sounds like he'd lead with that here.
& there's also the matter of her range; If she could catch him in AoE. Can she control whether her blasts explode or not, so as to make one that he thought he dodged explode?
From what I can tell personally, she's very likely to fall for the SI due to her high love for money.

As for her range, it's unlikely since while her blasts do explode this is how big they usually are. She can increase the size of the explosion but that has an obvious tell of charging up with a larger projectile. From all the feats I see of her she tends to aim directly for her opponents first so Lupin would likely know how far he needs to dodge if she goes for that play.

For the moment, I want to see how DimeUhDozen replies to the arguments before I cast my vote as well, since I feel there's still more to be had. Otherwise I am also leaning towards Lupinbros.

How would she know Lupin has lots of money or is a source of it? Does he flaunt it ASAP?
Lupin has a looong history of flirting with women and Shego fits his type to a T. He is very prideful of his heritage and would introduce himself as the greatest thief in the world. If Shego questioned it he would absolutely flaunt it and many of his crimes are recorded worldwide. This is the type of man who has safehouses and luxury garages worldwide.

& I'm guessing Kim's LS wouldn't be useful either.

Assuming so, voting for Lupin & Zenigata.
It's useful against Zenigata since it negates his signature handcuff moves, but yeah it's next to worthless against Lupin since he doesn't fight like that

And if it wasn't obvious, my vote is Lupin III (featuring Zenigata)

Back