• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Parallel Lines Converge via Spacetime bending?

I was wondering, what would the applications be with bending spacetime for parallel lines to converge? As in abilities and/or stats?

from what I understand parallel lines on their own can never converge without gravity to warp the fabric or something like that.

Got your mail about the new Sparrow engine idea. I gotta say, I've seen engines that manipulate space-time to make parallel lines converge. It's not too different from how NLS drives work. But what you might notice about an NLS drive is that the jumpship it's affixed to is usually activating it OUTSIDE a planetary gravity well. Sparrows don't exactly have that luxury. Not yet, anyway.

This depends on how the verse explains its mechanism of action. But first will be Spatial/Time Manipulation, the range depends on the amount of spacetime it bends.

This depends on how the verse explains its mechanism of action. But first will be Spatial/Time Manipulation, the range depends on the amount of spacetime it bends.
They basically bend space around your vehicles to give you the punch needed to move from planet to planet, and I remember it can reach 1 AU (1.496e+11 meters) in about one 1.

They basically bend space around your vehicles to give you the punch needed to move from planet to planet, and I remember it can reach 1 AU (1.496e+11 meters) in about one 1.
You mean they warp space to minimize the distance to travel like a wormhole?

You mean they warp space to minimize the distance to travel like a wormhole?
Sort of? They don’t say but mentions how when they move the universe around them blueshifts, like how much light is moving towards you.

Sort of? They don’t say but mentions how when they move the universe around them blueshifts, like how much light is moving towards you.
Honestly, we need to learn the verses that explain the nature of such feats, otherwise we will check the feats shown, the context, the supporting evidence. If things continue to be unclear, we can only rely on the feats it has shown to give the ability. In this case I think it's just spatial/time manipulation.

Honestly, we need to learn the verses that explain the nature of such feats, otherwise we will check the feats shown, the context, the supporting evidence. If things continue to be unclear, we can only rely on the feats it has shown to give the ability. In this case I think it's just spatial/time manipulation.
okay, thank you for your honest thoughts

This is actually quite ambiguous because the nature of light is quite complex, not to mention each verse can be interpreted differently.
for this verse here is the nature of bluehshift.
Still, she stays out here because she wants to feel the changing taste of starlight as the universe ahead blue-shifts. As Yang Liwei accelerates toward lightspeed, it moves faster and faster into the light coming from ahead. If light were like dust, it would strike Yang faster, but light can never change speed, so it gains energy instead. Red light is low energy, and blue-violet light is high energy, so the universe becomes blue.
Even now, the very tip of the visual spectrum, violet-blue light, is shifting up into invisible ultraviolet, the color of speed, the color of future.

The spectrum of light, I don't know what to say about it, perhaps some form of speed amp or energy. Idk, I'm pretty bad at physics stuff so maybe leave it to the others.
Okay, thank you for your thoughts again.

Back