• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord Construct, Automaton, and Golem Resistances

I'm pretty sure that constructs in Overlord are immune (at least in-universe) to mind control/manipulation and death manipulation. Does anyone else remember reading that? If so, I'll go ahead and add those resistances to CZ's profile. This will also help with the Gargantua profile I'm about to make.

Yes, death manip was said during the volume of AinzVShalltear....I think mind manip was also said in that volume? Not sure tho.

Will he be At least 6-C?

Since he's vastly superior in raw physical stats compared to everyone else?

Can you tell me where it might be stated CZ is immune/resistant to mind manip and death manip?

Having the quote will be nice if it's questioned

I'll check in a second, but I think it was from Volume 3 where Ainz questions how Shalltear could've been mind controlled since races like Undead and Constructs are immune to things like that. I don't remember exactly where the death manip one was from, but OpMasada mentioned he remembered it from the Ainz vs Shalltear fight.

The part with Ainz questioning how Shalltear could be controlled only states undead, assuming there isn't another part where he is questioning it again

It died instantly despite being a construct and having no life.

Is this the quote?

Because I don't think Automaton = Construct

I don't think they're mutually exclusive. An automaton is a robot, but it's still a construct. A golem is a construct, but not an automaton. From what I understand, a construct is basically an artificial being with no true life.

By race, it wasn't an undead but a construct, like a golem...

He doesn't compare it to an Automaton, instead says it's like a golem

I don't think there's really a clear answer on that front, but it should still be safe to assume Shizu has those resistances due to the simple fact that she's a robot and doesn't have a life to end with death manipulation or a mind to control in the first place.

Golems are a seperate race than Automaton

She hasn't been stated to have resistance to either of those, just poison immunity

True. However, an automaton is not a living being, and logically wouldn't be affected by Death manip or Mind manip. They share this trait with golems since they are both just objects. Golems are animated by supernatural forces like magic while Automatons are programmed and moved by technology.

I personally don't fully agree, as she hasn't been stated to have those

I guess you could describe her resistances are there due to her being a machine, but she hasn't been mentioned to be able to resist legit death manip like Ainz's

Biological related death manip? sure

Stuff like Ainz's? No proof

According to the wiki, in the Overlord Blu-Ray special 4 or 6, Half-Golems are specifically mentioned to have immunity to mind control, which I assume could apply to regular Golems, but it's only mentioned on the Half-Golem page so I don't know

And yet none of this is stated for CZ, let alone Automatons at all, just an immunity to poison

Like I said, automatons and golems are simply objects, so they don't possess a concept of 'death' to begin with. Ainz's death manipulation is just magic that induces death without causing any physical damage. It doesn't work on things that aren't alive or that are already dead, like constructs and undead respectively. He needs to use TGOALID to affect those.

I still don't agree with putting stuff like that when there is zero mention of it, but clearly I can't convince you

I agree with that addition, but let's move this conversation to the general discussion thread.

Back