• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Outerverse level question

What kind of context is needed for a character or a cosmology to be low 1a,1a, high 1a and 0?
To actually respond, the big things are transcending. The simplest way of understanding is having a cosmology that is so large that it can fit a High 1-B cosmology or infinite dimensions into it or a character who transcends a High 1-B cosmology. That's low 1-A. 1-A is then a character of cosmology that transcends a Low 1-A cosmology or character. High 1-A does the same to 1-A, 0 does the same to High 1-A.

To transcend in this case, means to be so powerful or so large that you must go beyond our normal understanding of infinity in order to reach the same level.

I hope that's simply enough to understand.

To actually respond, the big things are transcending. The simplest way of understanding is having a cosmology that is so large that it can fit a High 1-B cosmology or infinite dimensions into it or a character who transcends a High 1-B cosmology. That's low 1-A. 1-A is then a character of cosmology that transcends a Low 1-A cosmology or character. High 1-A does the same to 1-A, 0 does the same to High 1-A.

To transcend in this case, means to be so powerful or so large that you must go beyond our normal understanding of infinity in order to reach the same level.

I hope that's simply enough to understand.
First of all, you did not mention the layers in 1-A.
Transcending 1-A is not simply H1-A you can create an infinite hierarchy within 1-A.
Each hierarchy qualitatively transcends the one below it and so you get a 1-A+ cosmology.
Now what makes H1-A special is that even if you have a 1-A+ cosmology, transcending it means that it is not H1-A.
Because of this stuff, H1-A is similar to inaccessible cardinal, let me talk a little bit about the math of this (you don't need to know this, you just need to know that transcending 1-A+ is not H1-A).
First of all, we can create cardinals larger than Aleph-ω, I'll just give a simple example.
Aleph-ω1 = sup{Aleph-n : n ∈ R}
Well, you can go a little bit further and find much bigger cardinals.
We have 3 conditions for Inaccessible cardinal.
It must be uncountable: κ > Aleph-0;
It must be regular: which means it's not equal to the union of less than κ many sets with less size.
It must be a strong limit cardinal: whenever we have λ < κ then 2^λ < κ.
In short, no matter how many power sets you use, no matter how many Alephs you use, you still cannot reach the Inaccessible cardinal.
So no matter how much you transcend 1-A+ you still stay at 1-A+. To reach H1-A you should transcend the whole logical system of 1-A.
So neither H1-A nor 0 is like 1-A.

I very pointedly tried to not bring up any math because it's very unwieldy towards most of our members.

That's also why I explained transcending in this instance as going beyond our normal understanding of infinity because while that is very simplified it is the heart of Low 1-A and above.

My god can people use normal people terms for once. Atleast make digestible comparisons if you use math terms. No one is gonna understand anything if you just keep spoutting what people will perceive as nonsense.
I specifically told the math part that they don't have to learn these stuffs.
If I am presenting something, I have written this to explain why.

I very pointedly tried to not bring up any math because it's very unwieldy towards most of our members.

That's also why I explained transcending in this instance as going beyond our normal understanding of infinity because while that is very simplified it is the heart of Low 1-A and above.
I understand you, But you can said that it is wrong to equate H1-A with the difference between 1-A and L1-A.

Back