• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So can Magnus resist Oryx's BlazBlue-style cocktail of passives and get around Type 5 Acausality

Magnus' profile might just be outdated and/or missing stuff he has. Just like some other WM40K profiles are.

You can message Wokistan or Mr. Bambu. I guess they were knowledgeable on both Destiny and Warhammer 40k.

Magnus has the arsenal (Oryx having 44 abilities whilst Magnus having 66 abilities), stamina and a massive range advantage here. He can use conceptual manipulation which attacks the opponent on every level of existence and Oryx does not resist conceptual manipulation. If Oryx cannot kill Magnus before he uses it, I'm voting Magnus.

None of that bypasses acausal 5, and the form he regens off of sure does. The shades probably should too, in all honesty but eh

Magnus is higher-dimensional and can manipulate higher dimensions and he has control over time and time is meaningless to him.

Okay, how high is the dimension? Because Magnus has high hyperverse level conceptual manipulation range (which means infinite dimensional btw).

Magnus doesn't have outright High 1-B powers (besides probably immortality), he can just travel really far with the Warp. He'd also need to get Oryx into the Warp somehow to pull out the 1-B things that could be potentially scaled off Ahriman, and I don't think concept was even part of it.

Ascendant Oryx is the one you'd need to kill, and Oryx was spamming an attack that shoves his Ascendant Realm into reality to override space for destruction until the Dreadnaught got stalled at Saturn's rings.

There's also the whole acausal 5 deal going on

Anyways I have a midterm tomorrow so I'll go for a while

Wokistan said:
Magnus doesn't have outright High 1-B powers (besides probably immortality), he can just travel really far with the Warp. He'd also need to get Oryx into the Warp somehow to pull out the 1-B things that could be potentially scaled off Ahriman, and I don't think concept was even part of it.
Oops, I meant high hyperverse level range, not high hyperverse level power in general, sorry! >~<

Vex have basically all forms of BFR you can think of and he resists that.

You also shouldn't look at the amount of powers, because aside from the fact that Oryx is a smurf, he's missing a ton of abilities.

Okay then, Magnus uses probability manipulation which makes him so lucky that everything goes in his favour. All of Oryx's attacks will miss him and every attack he unleashes hits Magnus. He attacks and kills Oryx, even though he has resistances, because that's what probability manipulation does. Or he could use plasma manipulation, which Oryx doesn't resist.

Madotsuki24 said:
Okay then, Magnus uses probability manipulation which makes him so lucky that everything goes in his favour. All of Oryx's attacks will miss him and every attack he unleashes hits Magnus. He attacks and kills Oryx, even though he has resistances, because that's what probability manipulation does. Or he could use plasma manipulation, which Oryx doesn't resist.
I dont think he can even interact with Oryx.

Madotsuki24 said:
big load of NLFs here, either way though type 5 acausality bypasses.

Though I have a question, how is one meant to affect type 5 acausals?

No, you don't understand, probability manipulation is one of the most OP abilities on this wiki and possibly in all of fiction. It makes you so lucky that the impossible is possible. It will bypass type 5 due to the opponent being so lucky. It's that powerful, it's on the level of reality warping.

I don't see how Oryx can get past it if he doesn't even resist it. If he resists it, then it would be a different story.

Well you see, reality warping doesn't bypass Type 5 acausality either. Saying his probability manipulation bypasses just because it's probability manipulation is NLF.

That...no. Absolutely not, that's bigger luck wank than I've seen for Makoto Naegi. Acausality on its own works on a different system or outright negates it entirely, the latter being literally Type 5. You can't probability hax him because he doesn't even exist on the same level of casualty as you. There is nothing he can do. Oryx FRA.

WHYNAUT said:
Well you see, reality warping doesn't bypass Type 5 acausality either. Saying his probability manipulation bypasses just because it's probability manipulation is NLF.
I never said that it was reality warping, don't strawman me.

I just want to say, how does type 5 resist probability manipulation? Isn't acausality just existing outside of time?

I'm not trying to strawman you. You compared probability manipulation to reality warping and I pointed out that that doesn't mean much.

WHYNAUT said:
I'm not trying to strawman you. You compared probability manipulation to reality warping and I pointed out that that doesn't mean much.
I said that probability manipulation was on the level of power of reality warping, I didn't say that it was straight up reality warping, it was just up there with reality warping.

Back