• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both are High 4-C

Ragnarok Arc Mori Jin and Oni Akumi is Used

Jeahbongchim Acupuncture is Restricted

Speed is Equalized

Monkey King:

16e5eb9921162f3bd147c2ec2942c176.jpg

Oni:

a3e1cdebc018122ae4480f41f3979a8e.jpg

Inconclusive:

Hope this isn't a stomp

Not voting yet, but here's my opinions at a quick glance at Mori Jin and how Oni compares to it.

*I'm assuming this version of Akuma basically has the same life experiences up until Super Street Fighter 4 since that was that last SF game Akuma was in before Asura's Wrath as released. Correct me if this seems like a stupid way at looking at a character existing in a different continuity.

*With that in mind, the two most notable aspects of Mori Jin's style is taekwondo, a style that I have no idea Akuma has actually seen, considering the first SF character to use it was Juri (there's also a kid named Shin who uses it, but he comes from an official browser game with dubious canonicity), who also was released in Super SF4 and they likely never fought in a canon setting by this point.

*I'm not really sure the specifics of Jin's accupressure, but Akuma has fought on even ground with Gen, a legendary assassin who's basically a partial homage to Fist of the North star,

I'm still waiting before voting, btw. Just wanted to get my thoughts out.

*I'm assuming this version of Akuma basically has the same life experiences up until Super Street Fighter 4 since that was that last SF game Akuma was in before Asura's Wrath as released. Correct me if this seems like a stupid way at looking at a character existing in a different continuity.
He's still has experience i think? i dunno if from the game tho also mori has copied more martial arts and he'll probably use it when it's needed

I'm not entirely sure it's allowed for OPs to side with one character in their own thread, but that's a discussion for later and let's just argue on who has the skill advantage or something.

Mori is more skilled if you looked at his profile every technique that he saw through out the series he was able to copy those

At this point Mori has the Gourd so he has a BFR option as well, and I believe it's far easier to pull off since it's ranged and he just has to say "Absorb."

Akuma has the LS advantage so dropping Yeoui on him isn't an option.

But Mori in this key is also likely to spam clones and has the blitz option with Speed Mode. Overall, he should have a versatility advantage by a wide margin.

He used cloned Yeouis on the First Heavenly Prince and was more than ready to absorb Satan.

Back