• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Chapter 79 (Murata)

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
Chapter | Translation

Liking this chapter quite a bit.

• Loving that Zombieman illustration at the start, Saitama being in the gun is icing on the cake.
  • Seeing as the new volume is out, I wonder what additions will be made? I'm aware of there being some new pages for Saitama vs Gouketsu and a rework of Suiryu vs Choze, but to see it fully will be interesting say the least.
  • Finally back on track for the webcomic! Bring on the MA raid, been a very long time coming honestly. With that said, it feels great to see the best monster make his debut (Black Sperm)
  • I wonder how the newly added in monsters will change up the arc, such as the ninjas replacing the robots Flash curbs and more importantly. Orochi.

Also what if Orochi is supposed to retcon "God" like how these ninjas retconned the robots? I don't think it's too likely but it's be a pretty cool idea.

Oh that's quite the idea, I did not think of that myself; it actually has some basis seeing as God & Orochi were both able to turn man into monster albeit through different means. Even more thought provoking though is if both were to co-exist.

I'm wondering what will be the link between the MA and the Homeless emperor, after all, he's human or at least has the appearance of one unless the retcon of monsters can keep the human form for a while explain this, but imagine the His monster form

Either way I'm extremely curious as to what Orochi's purpose is, why he was added to the manga and what changes he'll bring to the original webcomic's storyline.

I think him and the Monster Cells are in part meant to give a more proper explanation as to Garou's transformation. I also believe it's possible he'll serve as a worf who jobs to Garou to show how terrifying he really is. It would be really cool if he had a greater role than that though.

Is it just me or does the recent chapters have really bad art? It looks much different from the older chapters. But im definitely excited. We've been in that "suiryu torture" filler arc for a good 2 years or so, but now we're finally starting the MA raid arc. I cant wait to see tatsumaki's smug little ass get ****** up in high quality. That girl needs a MAJOR reality check lolol

^WAITWAITWAIT it been 2 year since that tournament arc?? damn.. i really hate that arc tho,he indeed feel so pointless and unnecessary,i dont understand why ONE wanted to do that arc.

Instead of this thread, we should have a general one punch man discussion thread to discuss these things.

@Ryop Agreed the tournament stuff was mostly unnecessary imo, just wanted it to go to the monster association arc, though siryu was cool i guess.

Suiryu feel to me like filler character,i doubt we are going to see him again,at least not in the next years

yep. its been bout 2 years since the tournament filler arc started. if we didnt have the tournament arc, we would probably be seeing tatsumaki vs golden sperm by now. and season 2 could have been the MA raid arc instead of the damn "suiryu torture" arc.

**** YOU SUIRYU, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING

Yeah... it feel like ONE only made this arc just for that the season 2 will have a full 12 episode material to adapt...

There is enough content in the webcomic after Boros to the end of the MA for a second season, it'd be completely counter-productive if ONE decided to just add in another arc just for the sake of a second season when he could have just told Murata to keep on adapting chapters as normal right after the TTM fight.

I think there's more to it then that, ONE is basically given an opportunity to have a second chance when it comes to telling his own story; for some reason, he decided to add in this tournament arc, the monster cells and Orochi most likely because he wasn't satisfied with a certain aspect from the original webcomic. What that could be? I don't know, but I think it will be apparent once we hit the end of this arc.

Lmfao he's nowhere near as durable as darkshine. Darkshine could probably take blows from gouketsu without damage. I think suiryu has a tekkai type of ability where he can harden his skin, or many resistance to piercing attacks

"Resistance to piercing attacks" isn't a thing in OPM. It's simply having high enough durability to tank a blade. Like a knife trying to stab through granite. Any City level should have this.

^Technically this is not a big deal but in animes(Shounen mostly)surviving a piercing attack it isnt somthing obvious,like One Piece characters

Most of the time, it's either that a character is too durable for a blade to go through, or a superhuman is using especially strong sword attacks that let's them cut another superhuman. A magical resistance to piercing attacks is hardly ever a thing. And it isn't a thing in OPM.

im confused, choze's punches are able to hurt suiryu, but not a full on attack by his horns? theres no way choze was holding back, yet his horns couldnt pierce suiryu's skin. whereas choze's punches made suiryu bleed a lot.

this shows that choze does indeed have the AP to hurt suiryu, but his horns couldnt pierce suiryu?

and btw, what do you think about the redraw ryu?

What Ryop said. Also I think the redraw is great. Murata's an absurdly talented artist.

Back