• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Planet Size Calculation Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one i found on discord although its hard to tell whats there

Dunno if theres any other official depictions of the planet where size of continents can be taken to face value.
The canonicity of this needs to be debated before we use it, as that's not drawn by Oda
Aside from the canon issue
Reverse mountain's drawin entirely wrong in that as well. It has two entrances on one side, and three on the other. Both sides have 3 in that scan, but even going both ways on reverse mountain, you get these
LyI6fXw.png

Alabasta's bigger than australia and doesn't cover a quarter of the area australia does on earth. Even the non-Oda drawn scale has the earth much bigger

Aside from the canon issue
Reverse mountain's drawin entirely wrong in that as well. It has two entrances on one side, and three on the other.
Cause the middle one is the one which gets everyone to the Grand Line? Where Luffy found Laboon and all that

The comparison of sizes of the red line in that picture is drastically different from the one in the series

Just my two cents but we shouldn't take Boichi's interpretation of redrawn manga chapters as being canonical. It's his vision of the chapter and we have no idea if Oda gave input like "Draw the planet's surface to be a certain shape here."

Cause the middle one is the one which gets everyone to the Grand Line? Where Luffy found Laboon and all that
Yup. Assuming Alabasta is that one visible landmass at the very front (since it's the only one there) then the earth in OP stays bigger than ours regardless.
But the source isn't as reliable. If that's how close it was to the redline we'd see it during the raindrop panels in alabsta.

Guess that can be scrapped then. So theres no more official reliable enough sources that show the planet to scale that could potentially contradict anything? If so it should all be good.

We have planet scans, it's just that the islands are so small that we can't see them on the globe

Even the Loguetown novel map we can't see them well

This is the one i found on discord although its hard to tell whats there

Dunno if theres any other official depictions of the planet where size of continents can be taken to face value.
I haven't read this chapter yet , but I feel strange because it have no moons at all One piece planet that got Drawed by Oda have 6 Satelits and there's no such gap between the earth and moons or Satelits.

It's remind me of an old Calculation using real life Moon size to measure one piece planets.

So two knowledgeable calc members responded here and one other on the river calc and you guys have agreed apon using the river calc? If so, ig it should be good to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back