• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omnipotence

I only feel how people just making fun with their OCs and make them OP to solos fiction, claimed they're unbeatable then Overpowered OCs just got banned from the FC/OC VS Battles Wikia, though they're allowed on the Joke Battles Wikia.

I wanna make a character that only apears once in the series and not even Azure who becomes insanely strong due to absorbing God is even able to percieve. and the only reason he exist is to explain why even though azure is able to manipulate laws and is immune to law manipulation he can't remore or even interact with levels even though he should be able to manipulate True Platonic Concepts. just making a character so they can be strong is pointless and should be banned but if it's serious or essential to the story shouldnt it be allowed depending on the context? I dont think Omnipotence should be banned all together when there are characters like Kami Tenchi. Omnipotence is the power to do anything without limits but if you remove or ban Omnipotence it makes Tier 0 unachievable by anyone.

Read the Omnipotence page

"By its very definition, it is something that cannot be used to measure a character, and claims of omnipotence, no matter how complex or developed, should never be viewed as evidence."

In short it promotes No Limits Fallacies esc arguments, even within Tier 0s. Also at least in my opinion, straight putting that on a Tier 0 who're already banned from matches, comes off as extremely drained of imagination, and low effort.

So basically Tier 0 is unaplicable to any character in this wiki? "The no limits fallacy is the illogical idea that a poorly understood phenomenon can be extrapolated to infinity or assumed to not have any maximum value or threshold." This is different than saying a character is omnipotente since tecnically it cannot be proven within a verse but outside of the verse itself it is statable; if an author says this character has unlimited Power and can do anything then the character is now omnipotent but if inside the verse a character says "he has unlimited power and can do anything" then its a NLF to assume that it is. even the line you quoted specifically says "Claims of omnipotence, no matter how complex or developed, should never be viewed as evidence." if a any one in the series claims he has limitless power it isnt evidence but if the author says that they are it isnt a claim if not its factual. My point is that Omnipotence should not be outright banned if not that you cannot use an omnipotent character outside the verse just to solo fiction. there should be a control of how its used not just completely ban the use of it.

In this wiki Tier 1 is to be 6D and lie above the aplications of spatiotemporal dimentions, this translates to Low complex multiversal and Outerversal. Tier 0 is to stand above everything on a conceptual level. which would be High 1-A but i guess they removed it for some reason.

If youre omnipotente you dont work under the rules of concepts or contradictions, NLF dont apply to omnipotente beings since they lie lie above the concepts of limits.

No, Tier 0s are versus banned due to the already unfathomable differences between each character in that tier that makes them impossible to debate. That and even the orginal author can have very misguided ideas on how powerful their characters and concepts are relative to real world stats/other more refined cosmologies. Its why I said "esc" theres a difference between the 2 one being confirmed and the other not. Though in the end they both lead to similarly bad pages and debates respectively. Profiles should be encouraged to not be OP for little to no reason and banning Omnipotence helps in that regard.

Also, Omnipotence is banned because there is no fathomable way to prove it.

Omnipotence cause paradoxes, such as an omnipotent being creating a stone even they cannot lift. If they make a stone and can still lift it (because of "omnipotence"), that's a contradiction on omnipotence, as they still have the limitation of not being able to create something even they cannot lift.

The whole point of being omnipotent is "The user can achieve and do absolutely anything without any limit or condition, including the conceptually impossible and logically impossible" Logic doesn't apply to omnipotent beings.

JohnConquest1 said:
No, Tier 0s are versus banned due to the already unfathomable differences between each character in that tier that makes them impossible to debate. That and even the orginal author can have very misguided ideas on how powerful their characters and concepts are relative to real world stats/other more refined cosmologies. Its why I said "esc" theres a difference between the 2 one being confirmed and the other not. Though in the end they both lead to similarly bad pages and debates respectively. Profiles should be encouraged to not be OP for little to no reason and banning Omnipotence helps in that regard.

The thing is banning omnipotence all together is wrong, theres a difference between creating a character just to be OP and a character that has naravtive importance. people who make characters just to shit on others should be banned, i agree with that. What i don't agree with is banning omnipotence all together even though the omnipotent character in the verse is just in the verse. What i propose is that instead of banning omnipotence all together, they should ban vs or any inclusion of an omnipotent character outside the verse. as in you cant use your omnipotent character outside your verse just so they can kill everyone. Any inclusion of an omnipotent character outside the verse should be banned, Not Omnipotence as a whole.

Who would win?

An omnipotent being, or another omnipotent being?

They can do whatever they want, having no restrictions, so...who would truly win?

If they can do the logically impossible, then neither, yet both would win.

"Despite the many theological and philosophical perspectives regarding omnipotence and its paradoxes, the term is something that is completely impossible to prove or demonstrate on any conceivable level.

By its very definition, it is something that cannot be used to measure a character, and claims of omnipotence, no matter how complex or developed, should never be viewed as evidence.

In addition, our system is built on hierarchies, with tier 0 defined as possessing absolute transcendence above all other beings within the system, but raw power and stature do not necessarily carry over to the complete versatility of omnipotence.

Thus, within this Wiki even characters with the highest Tier 0 ranking do not have the term listed among their powers and abilities."

Exermis said:
But because of this, it is impossible for humans to prove, therefore it is banned here.
No, Having Unlimited Power doesn't mean it can't be proven. It means that the logic we have towards it is incomprehensable. we don't get the idea of no limitations. but being realistic for a moment, we ourselves are higher than omnipotence due to being able to create anything and to the end of the day it's still fiction we hold absolute authority over fiction and no matter how high a character is we'll always be above it unless we can materialize them into the real world.

Exermis said:
Who would win?
An omnipotent being, or another omnipotent being?

They can do whatever they want, having no restrictions, so...who would truly win?

If they can do the logically impossible, then neither, yet both would win.
Equal froces cancel out each other. neither would win or lose, theyd just battle forever since they can neither die or harm the other.

But what about doing the "logically impossible"? If equal forces cancel out each other, then they should be able to bypass that logic

Exermis said:
"Despite the many theological and philosophical perspectives regarding omnipotence and its paradoxes, the term is something that is completely impossible to prove or demonstrate on any conceivable level.
By its very definition, it is something that cannot be used to measure a character, and claims of omnipotence, no matter how complex or developed, should never be viewed as evidence.

In addition, our system is built on hierarchies, with tier 0 defined as possessing absolute transcendence above all other beings within the system, but raw power and stature do not necessarily carry over to the complete versatility of omnipotence.

Thus, within this Wiki even characters with the highest Tier 0 ranking do not have the term listed among their powers and abilities."
"The power to do anything without justificatio. Simplified variation of Omnipotence based on Logic Manipulation." What the thelogist and Philosophers are trying to do is to give logic to the concept of omnipotence, All of the paradoxes around omnipotence are Metapotence. Omnipotence is the ability do do anything, Metapotence is the ability to do anything without justifiction and it's power is equal to omnipotence but its simplier. So i guess since omnipotence is banned ill add Metapotence since its the same thing but without justification. "Metapotence is a boiled-down version of Omnipotence focused on its essential aspects, centered on the idea of Logic Manipulation pushed to its logical conclusion. Its simplified understanding makes it easier to grasp to most readers, which is the reason of its creation"

Exermis said:
But what about doing the "logically impossible"? If equal forces cancel out each other, then they should be able to bypass that logic
Unlimited Power and Unlimited Power are the same, Bypasing logic as in they can do what doesn't make sense. if both of the bypass logic then they are still equal and would cancel out each other, everytime they bypass a logic or level of explination they'd just spiral infinitely upwards of being equal.

Meta-: "(of a creative work) referring to itself or to the conventions of its genre; self-referential."

Metapotence is omnipotence at a written level, an author cannot be omnipotent, but they are metapotent. They both have the same degree of power and authority, but which one that is used is based on context.

The reason an author is metapotent and not omnipotent...is because, they are the AUTHOR. They are the one that is dictating the very story in the first place, they don't NEED justification as to what they do, is what they do. Their power is absolute, even to an "omnipotent" being inside of their story.

Metapotence

Users possess unfathomable power far beyond any reason and understanding. Users can do whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want, allowing them to achieve anything and everything without any limit, no matter how impossible or contradictory, completely overriding all other forces and abilities like they didn't exist at all.

If omnipotent beings can do the conceptually impossible and logically impossible, then metapotent beings can do the same, but to a written degree, which can even be superior to omnipotence in some cases.

This is also why Featherine Augustus Aurora is under the Metapotence tab instead of the Omnipotence tab. As she is the author of 'Umineko', the one that wrote down the very events of the story.

Exermis said:
Metapotence
Users possess unfathomable power far beyond any reason and understanding. Users can do whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want, allowing them to achieve anything and everything without any limit, no matter how impossible or contradictory, completely overriding all other forces and abilities like they didn't exist at all.

If omnipotent beings can do the conceptually impossible and logically impossible, then metapotent beings can do the same, but to a written degree, which can even be superior to omnipotence in some cases.

This is also why Featherine Augustus Aurora is under the Metapotence tab instead of the Omnipotence tab. As she is the author of 'Umineko', the one that wrote down the very events of the story.
Metapotence is simplified omnipotence. A character can be Metapotent and omnipotent, just that while metapotence doesn't need justification omnipotence does and due to it not being provable it's banned. correct? So Now that i know why its banned ill just use metapotence for omnipotent characters.

Exermis said:
Metapotence

Creasion is also listed as a metapotente character.

You'll just get the same response from it.

Also, Tier 0 is based off transcendence, not a degree of power, in fact "Low 1-A" is probably the upmost limit of "power". At least in dimensional power terms.

Thiccness.7 said:
The thing is banning omnipotence all together is wrong, theres a difference between creating a character just to be OP and a character that has naravtive importance. people who make characters just to shit on others should be banned, i agree with that. What i don't agree with is banning omnipotence all together even though the omnipotent character in the verse is just in the verse. What i propose is that instead of banning omnipotence all together, they should ban vs or any inclusion of an omnipotent character outside the verse. as in you cant use your omnipotent character outside your verse just so they can kill everyone. Any inclusion of an omnipotent character outside the verse should be banned, Not Omnipotence as a whole.
Again, the key should be to inspire less OP pages. Its been stated before that here that two omnipotent characters going against each other would just be a endless battle. Lets say for example I make a thread where an Omnipotent character fights another Omnipotent character in the same verse I'm working on. With everything we said in mind, who is gonna want to debate that? Furthermore, who is gonna want to go through the effort of proofing the characters Omnipotence? Baning the power does more for the sites quality and is likely far easier to enforce as a moderator. (ie: Watching which pages attempt link to Omnipotence.)

Exermis said:
You'll just get the same response from it.
Also, Tier 0 is based off transcendence, not a degree of power, in fact "Low 1-A" is probably the upmost limit of "power". At least in dimensional power terms.
F; And yeah IK.

To add on that, this is also a VS wiki, if a character is "omnipotent", then how would that work out in a VS Trend? As they would be outside of their verse, so their "omnipotence" should be nullified, correct?

JohnConquest1 said:
Thiccness.7 said:
Again, the key should be to inspire less OP pages. Its been stated before that here that two omnipotent characters going against each other would just be a endless battle. Lets say for example I make a thread where an Omnipotent character fights another Omnipotent character in the same verse I'm working on. With everything we said in mind, who is gonna want to debate that? Furthermore, who is gonna want to go through the effort of proofing the characters Omnipotence? Baning the power does more for the sites quality and is likely far easier to enforce as a moderator. (ie: Watching which pages attempt link to Omnipotence.)
The first part about 2 Omni characters ive already talked about so ill ignore it. Banning omnipotence is now fine since rather than proving it i can say the character is metapotent;or is that also banned?

Exermis said:
To add on that, this is also a VS wiki, if a character is "omnipotent", then how would that work out in a VS Trend? As they would be outside of their verse, so their "omnipotence" should be nullified, correct?
They shouldn't be used since the reason omnipotence was banned was because peple were creating charaters to solo fiction.

And also because it is completely impossible to prove and conceive on any level. This is even written on the "Omnipotence" page on this wiki

Exermis said:
And also because it is completely impossible to prove and conceive on any level. This is even written on the "Omnipotence" page on this wiki
It can be proven; but this thread wasn't created to argue whenever omnipotence can be proven; I believe ive argued it in this thread but that was my bad. since the point of the thread as been resolved theres no reason to continue.

Back