• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oblivion rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have applied Impress' suggestions. the ap section is lacking all of a sudden, I wonder if it would be enough to non-comic book readers now

I will need to apply Oliver's later, I am just lost on the whole NEP stuff ngl

@DontTalkDT If you have time, can you help out a little here? Just need some clarification of these stuff
Should both lists have some of the same scans?

I see minds getting absorbed, but I didn't see souls... or maybe I missed them somewhere.
Regardless of that, from what I see the degree with that the erased people were erased doesn't (per default) seem to apply to Oblivion. At least, that's what I take from it saying that those that were erased lacked consciousness, but he himself has it.
Basically, aside from the no physical and space thing, these feats seem more to speak for its control over nonexistence (void manipulation) and maybe its ability to exist in nonexistent places, than for its physiology being nonexistent or not?

There's some stuff about it being the void between life and death, death and rebirth. Not sure what I should make of that. Could mean as much as that it's a stage in the cycle of reincarnation? Idk.

see minds getting absorbed, but I didn't see souls
Its the absorption scan where he tries to drown iceman into himself. But basically, he essentially absorbs their entire self and makes it one with nonexistent. Anything that cease existing ends up within him.

There's some stuff about it being the void between life and death, death and rebirth
Essentially Oblivion is basically all there is. Life comes from him, and then it will return to him. He himself don't die or have that kind of concept tho

So what currently needs to be evaluated and decided here?

Okay. Can you explain the full context in an easy to understand manner please? I can ask for input after that.

tl;dr:
  • Oblivion's main avatar lacks a physical form since its made from nonexistence itself. It has "no space", form or shape. However, the main avatar also embodies the concept of nothingness.
  • Oblivion's true form is completely nonexistent, meaning he doesn't embody the concept of nothingness like his main avatar does.

tl;dr:
  • Oblivion's main avatar lacks a physical form since its made from nonexistence itself. It has "no space", form or shape. However, the main avatar also embodies the concept of nothingness.
  • Oblivion's true form is completely nonexistent, meaning he doesn't embody the concept of nothingness like his main avatar does.
Thank you.

@C2_of_Omegon @Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @Sandman31 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @LuciferDC099 @Ehnkr2beboh @Deagonx @Elizio33 @MarvelFanatic119 @catzlaflame @Armorchompy @Kulf_Boba

Would any of you be willing to help out here please?

tl;dr:
His avatars are a part of him, so technically he would still embody non existence

No, they aren't. The iceman comic makes it explicit that he needs to create weaker avatars to exist in lower worlds. They embodie this concept because they are a small aspect of oblivion. But oblivion himself is nothingness, he doesn't embodie it.

Then wouldn't he also be omnipresent in those avatars since they are part of nonexistence? Man this shit is confusing

And do you have the scan that says he lacks space as a whole, but has a dimension of time?

Ehhh I recall that in the NEP revision thread DT said that embodying the concept of nothingness is not NEP and he explained it pretty well so I’ll link it, but basically embodying the concept of nothingness might not mean material nonexistence because of the concept of nothingness itself existing, No? Idk if that’s to nitpicky or not but I just thought it worth mentioning.
As for the the true form I see solid Nature type 1 aspect 1 and 2
Anyway the proposals for the page are fine by me.

So what has been accepted, what has been rejected, and what still needs to be evaluated here so far?

Rejected: NEP for the avatars. Tho it's a bit confusing cause they do meet certain criterias. But idk
In discussion: NEP types.
No comments; everything else basically.

bump.

I think NEP is solved for the time being, I went with catz's suggestion. We should probably discuss the rest of the stuff.

More bumps

I wanna get through this quickly so I can focus on other revisions

Don't think you need anymore agreements, and does Oblivion really not have cosmic awareness? Everyone and their mother whose a cosmic being in marvel has it

I did some cleanup work:

The page seems good to me, except for that Mikaboshi/The Chaos King never actually manifested as being of comparable size to the Marvel multiverse, he just consumed over 99% of it and manifested as a being larger than the Earth who fought Hercules at about the same size, if I remember correctly.

I did some cleanup work:

The page seems good to me, except for that Mikaboshi/The Chaos King never actually manifested as being of comparable size to the Marvel multiverse, he just consumed over 99% of it and manifested as a being larger than the Earth who fought Hercules at about the same size, if I remember correctly.
In fact in the battle they both changed size several times, being the size of a star at first and then they were reducing in size until in the end Hercules was bigger than just a building.

But the point is that they were never bigger than creation, they just contained creation power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back