• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obito Uchiha vs. Yamamoto

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
Lol, this should be good... Probably. The fight takes place where the fourth Shinobi World War went down. Both are fully serious and they start 200 meters apart from each other. Speed is normal. Anything goes. No lazy votes plz. Be at your best behavior boys, because if this gets too heated, I won't hesitate to remove it, no matter the score at that time. Both are at their strongest. Who wins?

Obito: 7

Yamamoto:

Standard Battle Assumptions

Juubito colored
Yama Bankai

Interesting indeed but i dont know how would yamamoto break through TSB or survive getting hit by one also obito could absorb all of his haxy flames with rinnegan preta path so i give my vote to obito

Funny, tho.

I believe "obito at his strongest" would simply be MS obito. Kamui is that good.

H2h: Obito (Truth Seekers) AP: Obito (Truth Seekers) Durability: Tie (Yama can't tank Truth Seekers, Obito can't tank 15M┬░ sword strikes)

All in all, I'm giving my vote to Obito. Yamamoto has no response for Precog or Truth Seekers. Then there is Genjutsu...

PaChi2 said:
Funny, tho.

I believe "obito at his strongest" would simply be MS obito. Kamui is that good.
Lol. I knew someone would say this.

ShrekAlmighty said:
Interesting indeed but i dont know how would yamamoto break through TSB or survive getting hit by one also obito could absorb all of his haxy flames with rinnegan preta path so i give my vote to obito
I counted your vote but remember that the haxxiest part of Yama-jii's Bankai is that it burns things out of existence and doesn't release flames.

Yeah but shinigami use reiryoku to power themselves, reishi is used by quincies who absorb it from the surroundings (much like senjutsu)

Meosos said:
My knowledge on bleach is limited, but how exactly works Yamamotos existence erasure ?
The OP of the thread and the quote explains it

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/858148

Joseph619 said:
Yhwach's durability was superior to Yamamoto's AP, but The North with its existence erasure can negate durability, and Yamamoto said in such a way that Yhwach's defenses won't matter
Yhwach had visibly no damage when he was struck by Yamamoto (before without using North or East)

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-506?id=281379#11

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-506?id=281379#12

However the part of his body touched by North was completely erased (not burned)

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-509?id=281385#14

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-509?id=281385#15

And Blut Vene is apparently resistant to normal heat, even 15 million degrees

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-507?id=281381#18

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-508?id=281383#7

I see it difficult for Yamaji in this encounter, he has a lot of destructive power but in my opinion it is only heavy artillery, it lacks versatility that is, it has no hax nor Regenerationn skills, if it receives a fatal blow its end in turn to its opponent that has high levels of Regenerationn and abilities that can block their flames and destroy them instantly if attacked by them. Nor does it have to pass the Gudodamas no matter how hot its flames, Obito has already dealt with high temperature attacks like Amaterasu. Nor do I see it possible for Yamaji to be able to keep his Bankai with such a waste of energy in his attacks for a long time, unlike the incredibly vast energy available to Obito as Jinchuriki of the Jubi.

On the contrary Obito has effective ways to defend and attack, Gudodamas, Hyper Massive Bijudamas and if we go to the case Genjutsu, like the Infinite Tsukuyomi, if Obito does it would be the immediate end of the combat.

Although it could be a battle fought by all the skills available, end up with 10 billion dead could take time if Obito doesn't decide to end them with a Bijudama, Yamaji is a very strong character without doubt, but my vote is for Obito for everything I said.

Although what balances this encounter in my opinion is the nerf of Obito received by Kishimoto of not being able to become intangible while it has the Jubi, if it were not for that restriction Yamaji definitely would not be rival for a Obito with those conditions.

Lol. I knew someone would say this.

You know Im right, ovo. DMS obito would wreck yamamoto.

Obito not using Kamui was neccessary, otherwise there was no way for them to defeat him, lol.

Obito not being able to use kamui as Juubi jin was stupid writing, Madara used it fine and he used kamui for the first time lol

Technically, Obito is at his strongest when he has both of his own eyes, but even Juubito is good enough to deal with Genryusai. Both of them can one shot the other, but Limited precog. and Illusion creation (via Sharingan) gives the upper hand to Obito

Shit, if we're giving them everything they have ever had, what if Obito had a Rinnegan in addition to both Sharingan right off the bat?! Stomp. But, even without that, Obito creampies. Why you do this to my Granddad?!

Joseph619 said:
Obito not being able to use kamui as Juubi jin was stupid writing, Madara used it fine and he used kamui for the first time lol

Well the justification they give is that Madara used it to travel to the Kamui dimension and that if it is possible to do it even if you are Jubi's Jinchuriki, but do not make it intangible that it is something a little different. Although after all they are only excuses to remove the character a skill too hax and unfair in battle, which was feasible when he was weak but not when he became a god compared to normal ninjas, and we have to admit, that nerf was necessary for the plot otherwise they would never have won Obito and the story would have ended in an unexpected end, or Kishimoto would have had to come up with a stupid solution as he did with Madara. In itself, not to make the characters too powerful is the logical thing, he did it with Obito but it was forgotten with Madara.

Yamamoto has existence erasure? Since when?

• West is the flames on the body
  • North is the Sword
  • East is the dead
  • South is the ranged attack
I took it as a ranged heat attack, like Getsuga, not existence erasure.

@Dariel that justification makes no sense because Obito doesn't actually become intangible - he simply sends the overlapping parts of his body to his Kamui dimension. So if Madara could transport himself to the Kamui dimension in jinchuuriki form, Obito should have been able to use intangibility in jinchuuriki form as well. Ultimately, it is just PIS, because Kamui-Juubito is unbeatable by any Narutoverse character

Back