• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nyarlathotep encounters a slightly more difficult Empress

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
I feel my organs inverting at the fact I'm doing this but Schmuck did lament that his Vtubers got no matches (good), so I will provide him with one match to prove 5-C isn't empty

one.

Speed Equalized

Battle is over the ocean, high above a cloudy sky at midnight

Otherwise Standard Battle Assumptions

Some basic catgirl:

Supreme Elf GF:

Inconclusive: 1 (Arrogant Schmuck)

Last edited:
I can't find a calc for 5-C Terraria, just a solar eclipse statement; I'm assuming they're baseline. That'd give Nyan something of an advantage, though I'd wager it's negligible here.

So, does the Empress's mindhax resistance also counter draining sanity?

Yeah, it's from the Wall of Flesh sealing off the solar eclipse but Empress vastly upscales (Not that it's very easy to get a frame of reference outside of game mechanics but Terrarian after fighting Plantera would be able to absolutely melt WoF with minimal damage, which is when Empress' spawn item actually starts appearing)

Maybe? It is a mental power inherently, and confuse can be inflicted by similarly eldritch entities (Stuff like brain of Cthulhu, which is exactly as it sounds featuring a legion of eyeballs in it's first phase, with you fighting them in a biome made entirely of blood and meat) but outside that and the fact Confuse is inherently about messing with your perception of reality, you might be able to argue that it works, but I wouldn't really count on it

Is it even combat applicable? She did fight Empress of the skies and she doesn't have any madness manipulation resistance herself

Last edited:
Okay, looking at the reference for turning someone insane, it seems to take prolonged eye contact, and considering Empress's fighting style, that's pretty unlikely to occur, putting aside the resistance

Their whole existence is sort of a touhou reference, they fly all over the place firing projectiles, only occasionally taking breaks to stay stationary and fire blinding flashes of light in all directions. Nyar might be able to get some eye contact if Empress uses a ramming move, but they also form afterimages from that (and even just in general from their movements) so it'd be hard for them to properly get a gauge on where their eyes are long enough to have it work

All in all this probably boils down to an actual straight up fight, so

Last edited:
If this ends up being a prolonged fight then Nyan could just take away the Empress's powers like she did after her prolonged fight with VShojo's Empress, who's physically stronger than Terraria Empress.

Honestly, a prolonged fight could go either way very easily

If the fight goes on until sunbreak, Empress would go into their enraged form and outright obliterate Nyar (5-C straight to High 5-A type stuff), the same could probably occur if their fight ends up causing them to travel to an area where the sun is shining

Do we have any frame of reference as to how long that fight went, or how it actually ended outside a statement after the fact

this really seems like the answer is kinda just "no" but these are the things one lives with I suppose

Either way, there was at least a fight to be had there, so it's not something they can just do on command, and even from what little we see, it supposedly takes long enough and presumably with close enough contact that the same trick was pulled on them in the process, so Empress could probably just do the sunflower move to incinerate them and get them to back off (if not outright pierce to a vital organ in the process)

Though, on the topic, Nyar is pretty big so even with equivalent AP it's going to take awhile for Empress to actually get to something that should permanently hurt them (I doubt there's any information on what would make them die?)

Nyar is the one in the ice in that clip just fyi. She could do that even when encased in ice.

Currently there's nothing that has killed her or said to be particularly effective at killing her. On the other hand, it's not like she has resurrection or regen that we know of.

Nyar is the one in the ice in that clip just fyi. She could do that even when encased in ice.
these weebbaits all look alike

Really I dunno why they'd ever be in a human form that could be easily encased in that as opposed to the one that's like hundreds of meters large and lined with teeth and tentacles but

Does throw a wrench into things if she's just able to do that even when almost incapacitated, the only thing that Empress could do to solidly one up that is to just have them accidentally fly into daytime/have it become daytime naturally and vaporize Nyar instantly

I guess so

It's not necessarily a very certain wincon but considering the dynamic of the matchup, with Nyar just having overwhelming size and a lot of implements to make melee attacks and Empress being an opponent based on agility and firing projectiles near constantly, it is likely enough to happen that she could pull out the daytime before it comes down to powernull

Last edited:
Really I dunno why they'd ever be in a human form that could be easily encased in that as opposed to the one that's like hundreds of meters large and lined with teeth and tentacles but
It's implied that one of the 2 who were fighting her into that

Back