• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No more Marston downplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my very first thread on this site, and far from my last. One of the profiles that bother me on here is John Marston's, the Protagonist of Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption & Red Dead Redemption 2 alongside Arthur Morgan.

I love both Characters to death. But I personally feel Blatant fanboyism towards Arthur when it comes to John. Especially when it comes to their match on here. But I'll talk about that later.

Let's start with Intelligence. Morgan is Gifted for finding the serial killers random notes and finding his hideout, mastering the use of a Bow in few takes, and killing the greatest gunslingers of the wild west, and having the best shot. And making plans way better than Dutch.

Okay, I think Arthur ratings overall are fine. So are John's. All except Intelligence. John's not a dumbass. John can literally do that as well as Arthur can. Most of those "Gunslingers" are cowardly frauds, Emmet Granger, Billy midnight and Jim "Boy" Calloway are all frauds. Emmet Granger is now a Government witness and is scared shitless of Arthur/John both stating they didn't think he was shit.
Billy midnight gained fame for killing Rabbit Matthews, a known gunslinger. Only thing is, he killed him in his sleep like a little bitch.
Boy Calloway himself says the legends about him are a load of bunk.

Black Belle literally says he always ran from a fight. Speaking of Belle, she's a legit shootist, who you don't even kill. Flaco Hernandez was the real deal as well and you do kill him, yes. But you could that as either character.

Arthur having the best shot is never stated, but it's valid. The problem is, John literally does the same things, gameplay and otherwise. Him being the overall better outlaw than Marston is never stated. Marston set up one of the most successful scores in the whole game all on his own, and Arthur literally called his plan genius. Marston's not an idiot.

How is exactly is Arthur more skilled? How is he more experienced? We literally see them both kill squads of lawmen and gang members both. Marston pretty much single handedly massacred Micah's entire gang. Marston literally caught his first body at 11 and grew up killing and robbing, same as Morgan.
Marston literally fought alongside Morgan for 15 years fighting the O'Driscolls, Private armies, Militias, several lawmen across several states, the US army, and many more, only to be called garbage by Landon Ricketts.
He ends up training under Landon Ricketts and earns his respect.

So the more skilled claim is baseless and makes no sense even from a gameplay view.

So all in all, I think John should have Gifted intelligence, for being able to do everything Arthur can, and every claim citing he is inferior to Arthur should be removed. Along with that dreadful fanboy gushing match. He also needs Stealth mastery for Sneaking through a graveyard around robbers And quietly killing several soldiers, Sneaking around skinners, and also being able to sneak around gaptooth breach in both games.

These are my only problems. Everything else is fine.

Yes, all of it was. This went well. However, my only issue is the "most of the gang states Arthur is the better Outlaw" claim on the profiles. If that statement exists, it needs proper scans. I don't recall that being stated.

This is a very minor issue, but I also have a problem with John's bio. Him getting shot in 1906 is wrong. It should be 1899.

Also I think John should have a key for undead nightmare. Or at some of his equipment from there listed on his page as optional. But I haven't played that in years, so that can wait for now.

Last edited:
He didn't literally say he was a genius (well he did in a mocking when referring to his wolf attack saying the wolf should have ate the rest of his brain and he'd be a genius) but he did compliment his plan. Its pouring forth oil. The train robbery in Chapter 2

OK so here goes

Gifted (Can replicate the same feats of intelligence as Arthur Morgan, such as solving complicated crime mysteries. Massacred Micah's gang all on his own. Masterminded a train robbery plan that Arthur was greatly impressed by. Later trained under Landon Ricketts to further enhance his Dead Eye skill.)

Is this okay?

OK so here goes

Gifted (Can replicate the same feats of intelligence as Arthur Morgan, such as solving complicated crime mysteries. Massacred Micah's gang all on his own. Masterminded a train robbery plan that Arthur was greatly impressed by. Later trained under Landon Ricketts to further enhance his Dead Eye skill.)

Is this okay?
Looks great.

Remember to remove it from the profile page of the character that he fought as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back