• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nix Erebea Sullivan VS Anthony Luciano Barone

Sorry for the delay, was kind of away here these days. Anyways, on to the match.

As in most of her battles, Nix is outclassed in stamina but that gets compensated by her mindset of finishing things as fast as possible, so she would go straight for an attempt to pull power nullification, either with the shroud or with a New Moon.

In-verse this usually bypasses resistances (as that, too, gets nullified and coneptual stuff is relatively common in Sipsi) but I dunno how powerful Anthony's resistances are by comparison.

Stuff like Sodom and Gomorrah will probably oneshot if it connects as this version of Nix can't deal with Soul attacks. She may try to go for intangibility to avoid such and such as she abuses it in character, but she would have no knowledge of what are the biggest dangers. One slip at the wrong attack and she's done.

The plagues are a problem but Nix does like to try and keep away so she may be able to avoid the worst at least for the duration of the match (which should finish fast, as her fights usually do).

The hoodies will get fodderized by Anthony's own summons, no questions asked. Nix herself can probably deal with it for a while with the shroud and/or with Crescent Moon spam if the plague animals get close. Nonetheless, multi-tasking will make her tire faster, of course.

I may say Inconclusive if Anthony turns out to be affected by her Power Null as Nix has turned tables in a bunch of complicated fights thanks to her capacity of pulling this off relatively fast (and the ridiculous AOE), in which case it's either he gets her with one of his more dangerous stuff or she power nulls.

Otherwise Anthony wins as he'll have much more reliable means to get through Nix's defenses or just outlast her.

All good.

As for the power null, Hallows tend to resist all unwanted changes to their being. It goes beyond conceptual stuff, as even changes to their concept can be resisted. But, in general, all Hallows are always passively resisting the power null of Alaya, which is constantly trying to stop them from using their powers and make them normal.

It's best not to think of Hallow resistances as "separate" things from the Hallow that can be nulled. A Hallow's resistances are not some extra thing on top of them, it's a reinforcement of what they are and a rejection of any changes to that.

Just a note, Sodom and Gomorrah only has its soul burning properties when the fire/brimstone is still within Anthony's Domain (to simplify, it's a reality-warping aura that ends about 0.5 cm past his skin, or is directly within his blood). He can project the fire/brimstone out of his Domain, but once it leaves, it just becomes really hot fire. So unless he or his blood essentially makes "contact" with her, the fire won't burn her soul. I put "contact" in quotation marks because he doesnt need to physically touch her, he just needs to get her within/in contact his Domain.

Sorry, that's the kind of thing I like to call a "cosmology crash". ^_^'

My point with that was generally that, in-verse, everything is made of concepts. They just go up in qualitative along with the dimensions the users are in, but generally speaking it's always concepts that make up all levels of existence, no matter how fundamental, detached, alien, eldritch or abstract a particular aspect of anything may look - they may be of a higher order, however, while permeating a lower plane of existence.

Hence why all the Visions originate from the Alkahest (as it is in the verse page), yet Psions aren't able to go using tier 1 hax or something.

In Sipsi, something like being "Beyond the Conceptual" is considered either

a. A more complex concept if in the same dimension - think of it like comparing a stone to steel. It's the same reasoning for why breaking someone's concept would be easier than erasing a concept from the Universe.

or;

b. Concepts beyond the Concepts of the current dimension.

That being said, Nix isn't power Nulling Anthony, his Noping to it is better than anything she displayed. In which case I'll say Anthony should take it eventually even taking the Sodom and Gomorrah stuff into account, as she would usually center her strategy around a power null, only to see it fail and by then I doubt Nix could turn the tables again.

In regards to the Domain she probably won't be coming close to it anytime soon as her fighting method is usually keep away, given that her raw physical prowess is less than spectacular.

Nonetheless, I think she eventually tires and loses or, if she has the chance to use her trump card...

Bails the hell out by pulling a last resort teleportation as soon as power nulls fail before things go too south, repeatedly throwing fodders as distraction for a few moments just so she can self-BFR while saying "NopeNopeNopeNope, not liking where this is going Nooooooooooooooope halp ".

TBH I always find it funny when a character self BFR's

I just have this in my mind

As for the "beyond the conceptual" stuff, Aether is the "lifeforce" of everything, including concepts. Including the concepts of the Adamila'a, the transcendent world outside the Realm. And the Ego, which I guess you could call the "super-soul" (just a normal soul is different though), exists on the same level of Aether. The Ego contains and maintains all information and concepts that make up a person. A Hallow's Ego is strengthened so that it can reject and undo unwanted change to the Ego.

That moment we linked the exact same video, lol That's definitely Nix here if she gets the chance once power null fails, lol

It's always nice to see how the different cosmologies interact in these cases as, unlike the everyday VS Threads we can usually see how well they go along or the points where they differ as we are the ones who wrote them.

Generally speaking, much of that which exists or doesn't in my verses has roots and sources on something that resides on a higher plane. How much higher varies from one thing to another.

Whatever the case, whether we applied equalization to your verse or mine in regards to this or combined the ideas, Anthony's Ego would certainly still be a characteristic superior to what Nix can possibly tamper with.

Back