• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninja Gaiden Content Revision

I have a few proposals for changes to Ryu Hayabusa.

The Blade of The Archfiend

The stat page for Ryu shows his stats separated between "base form," "with ninpo," and "with True Dragon Sword/Dark Dragon Blade."

"True Dragon Sword/Dark Dragon Blade" should also include the Blade of the Archfiend. The Blade of the Archfiend is supposed to be equal in power to the True Dragon Sword, and this is demonstrated in Ninja Gaiden 3 when the two swords do nearly identical damage to the artificial Goddess that serves as the game's final boss (the Blade of the Archfiend nearly bisects her down the middle only for her to regenerate, the True Dragon Sword fully bisects her after she's been weakened by hits from the BotA and True Inferno ninpo). They also break each other when the Blade of the Archfiend clashes with the Goddess's giant version of the True Dragon Sword.

Currently, Ryu's striking strength feat of deflecting the Goddess's sword swings is misattributed to his base form when he was wielding the Blade of the Archfiend at its full power at the time.

It's weird to mention the Dark Dragon Blade in his profile but not the Blade of the Archfiend when he never actually uses the Dark Dragon Blade in canon (he wields it only for a brief section with no combat in its game's final level or as an optional, missable, story-ignoring unlock on Hard difficulty and up) but does canonically use the Blade of the Archfiend.

Speed

I may have also found a possible speed upgrade for Ryu based on him fighting Yaiba Kamikaze who can move so fast that spilled blood looks frozen in midair.

Lifting Strength?

Is it possible to find a lifting strength based on the Goddess violently shattering a large building to the point that large chunks of it go flying straight up into the air and then Ryu blocking the Goddess's sword slamming straight down on top of him, or is this too vague?

There are quite a few updates planned, but I know one of them was to have base form key and Ninpo merged. No reason for physical stats to be lower than Ninpo as it's consistent for him to trade blows against his foes using both and also both are done using the same UES scaling.

The new sword looks fine I suppose.

The speed feat needs evaluation from one of our calc group members, and iirc Yaiba is a separate continuity from the main series.

As for the lifting strength thing, it is possible to calculate some G force of the strikes, and repelling strikes from giant characters is what we allow for lifting strength sometimes, but I don't think calculating the exact G force from a character's striking strength is allowed and may be in line with our kinetic energy vs speed standards.

Back