• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I have no idea if this is a bad idea or not.
Nicole vs Nicol

Speed Equalized.
Both at Low 2-C, if possible.
The Energy Dome is restricted, if possible.

Which "Nicky" takes the most nicks, & which gives the most?

Hopefully it isn't inappropriate for me to bump this thread of mine here & now.

I'm pretty sure her mind gets snapped in half.
Despite the Type 8 Immortality, & her being a hologram/living computer program?
Does Nicol usually open with mindhax? Even for someone who's frequently associated with Black & Blue mana, given he's a Dragon & thus associated with Red mana often (As I recall Magic: The Gathering likes to do.), I'd assume his tactics to be different.
What is his in-character behaviour?

Despite the Type 8 Immortality, & her being a hologram/living computer program?
Does Nicol usually open with mindhax? Even for someone who's frequently associated with Black & Blue mana, given he's a Dragon & thus associated with Red mana often (As I recall Magic: The Gathering likes to do.), I'd assume his tactics to be different.
What is his in-character behaviour?
Oh, I didn't see Inorganic Physiology on her profile my bad.

Anyway ya, Nicol Bolas usually goes straight for a mental attack, if that doesn't work he will use his touch, which can just straight up destroy you. He can kill other Planeswalkers who have Type 8 Immortality from a 5D Source so that won't be an issue.

Oh, I didn't see Inorganic Physiology on her profile my bad.
I didn't either, truthfully.
But her classification is:
Classification: Living computer program, Holographic Mobian Lynx
& among her abilities are: Self-Sustenance (Type 1, 2 & 3), Genius Intelligence, Immortality (Type 8), Incorporeality

I'm not sure why she DOESN'T have Inorganic Physiology, unless I'm just not looking hard enough.
Anyway ya, Nicol Bolas usually goes straight for a mental attack, if that doesn't work he will use his touch, which can just straight up destroy you. He can kill other Planeswalkers who have Type 8 Immortality from a 5D Source so that won't be an issue.
Would Nicole be able to use her Information Analysis to learn what he can do?
Also, how do we know Nicol wouldn't come back from the touch? For example, if he destroys the hologram, but not the computer (As she's apparently a living hologram/computer program.), what happens if a new Nicol is created/booted up? Is that still a loss, or does it count as a regeneration? Or is she like a "special case", where she can't be recreated, as may be the case for a living program?

Because Nicol has: Reality Warping (In digital realms)
....I wonder if it'd be fair & reasonable for this to take place in a Digital Realm. (Couldn't Nicol just Planeswalk to where Nicole's computer or whatever physically has her program? Although, how much opportunity would there be before Nicol realizes to do that? CAN he directly go from say, a digital realm to a realm he may not have been to before?)

Last edited:
Would Nicole be able to use her Information Analysis to learn what he can do?
Also, how do we know Nicol wouldn't come back from the touch? For example, if he destroys the hologram, but not the computer (As she's apparently a living hologram/computer program.), what happens if a new Nicol is created/booted up? Is that still a loss, or does it count as a regeneration? Or is she like a "special case", where she can't be recreated, as may be the case for a living program?

Because Nicol has: Reality Warping (In digital realms)
....I wonder if it'd be fair & reasonable for this to take place in a Digital Realm. (Couldn't Nicol just Planeswalk to where Nicole's computer or whatever physically has her program? Although, how much opportunity would there be before Nicol realizes to do that? CAN he directly go from say, a digital realm to a realm he may not have been to before?)
Nicol Bolas is extremely intelligent and stuff like technology and holograms are not beyond him. I'm pretty sure he has an entire lab in canon. On top of that robots exist in MTG so once he sees she's a hologram he will go straight for whatever is housing her program.

As for the digital realm stuff, I'm not sure, Nicol Bolas has gone to Meditation Realms before places where only the mind can go but never somewhere digital.

If he really can't reach Nicole's program then I guess it would be an in cap or incon. He would continuously destroy her holograms and she would just keep coming back?

Understandable. Assuming you aren't one yourself, I might wait for an Archie Comics Sonic expert to weigh in, but I certainly won't deny there are many things in Nicol's favor against Nicole.
Thank you very much for your help so far.

Back