• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Shonen Smackdown (Tanjiro Kamado vs. Izuku "Deku" Midoriya) (GRACE)

GoldExPoints

He/Him
Post-Breath of the Sun Mastery Tanjiro (8-A) is used, Tanjiro starts with the Demon Slayer's Mark and See-Through World.
Villain Hunt Arc 30% Deku is used, everything above 8-A is restricted.
Speed is equalized.
Location is the Tournament of Power Arena.
Starting distance is 10 meters.
Other than that, SBA is used.

Tanjiro:
Deku: 7 (SuperStar, TauanVictor, Acer__, Insert_creative_name_here_12, Nierre, Razor, Bruhtelho)
Everybody cries (Incon):

Last edited:
Deku can just range spam with BlackWhip, Float and shockwaves (although idk if they scale to 30%). He should also have better stamina since he can operate for days on end.

Assuming he catches Tanjirou with Blackwhip he also wins with superior lifting strength and he can amp his speed and power with Fa Jin.

Tanjiro has much better precog and perception manipulation and should be able to avoid Deku's attacks closing in, and he also trained for days with no food or water, so there stamina should be even at best.

Deku won't be able to use Danger Sense on Tanjirou because See-Through World makes Tanjiro unpredictable for him. Starting distance is also 10 meters, so Tanjiro has the initial advantage of close range to keep up the pressure. Deku can subdue Tanjiro, but Tanjiro can literally react way better than him and stay unpredictable at close range.

Tanjiro has much better precog and perception manipulation and should be able to avoid Deku's attacks closing in, and he also trained for days with no food or water, so there stamina should be even at best.

Deku won't be able to use Danger Sense on Tanjirou because See-Through World makes Tanjiro unpredictable for him. Starting distance is also 10 meters, so Tanjiro has the initial advantage of close range to keep up the pressure. Deku can subdue Tanjiro, but Tanjiro can literally react way better than him and stay unpredictable at close range.
If you’re talking about his Zeroshiki training he did receive water in the form of rain but yeah their stamina should be pretty similar my bad.

Tanjirou can’t really keep up the pressure. His strikes can be blocked and since speed is equal the time it would take him to cross 10 meters is the same for Deku so he would already be in the air by the time Tanjirou reaches him.

This is sounding like an incon. Deku can stay totally out of Tanjirou’s range but Tanjirou has his precog for evasion.

Tanjiro has much better precog and perception manipulation
See-Through World pretty much negs Danger Sense because of Non-Self mind hax whatever it's called. Precog makes it hard for Blackwhip to catch Tanjiro, though it's GG if it ever does.
Deku's OFA shockwaves have an immensely higher AoE compared to Tanjiro's Total Concentration AoEs, and no hax to help him stay out of danger like Deku's Float means shockwaves will most likely hit if Deku ever goes for it. Though Deku's shockwaves have supposedly been agreed on another thread to not completely scale to his AP.

Deku should take this mid-diff it's either Skill is even or it goes to Deku because his combat expertise was able to overwhelm Shigiraki who's movements are so acute that they could only be achieved through brutal, life-or-death training. Not to mention he was able to beat Lady Nagant, the best ranged fighter in the Country with no prep and dominated the use of 2 quirks mid-battle.

Deku's Precognition shouldn't be overestimated either, he was able to dodge multiple curved bullets. Deku also has enhanced senses from being able to see Lady Nagant in the rain at night time.

Not to mention Fa Jin Deku's Attacks are going to keep getting stronger the more the fight goes on, and he already has the AP advantage, tanjiro won't be able to handle his strength. Also, his speed will keep getting faster and faster and if Tanjiro gets caught in black whip or even if Deku grabs him, it's a wrap. Deku also has a far better range than Tanjiro being able to create Tornadoes with just 20% and 30% is vastly superior.

I vote Deku

Deku's Precognition shouldn't be overestimated either, he was able to dodge multiple curved bullets. Deku also has enhanced senses from being able to see Lady Nagant in the rain at night time.
Tanjiro resists Precog, See-Through World negates it so Deku's fighting blind in this fight. Deku's enhanced senses and Danger Sense are useless when he can't perceive Tanjiro at all.
Deku should take this mid-diff it's either Skill is even or it goes to Deku because his combat expertise was able to overwhelm Shigiraki who's movements are so acute that they could only be achieved through brutal, life-or-death training. Not to mention he was able to beat Lady Nagant, the best ranged fighter in the Country with no prep and dominated the use of 2 quirks mid-battle.
Tanjiro at this key could fight somewhat comparable to Muzan, who fought multiple pillars who themselves have strong precog and perception manipulation, and Muzan had multiple tendrils to overwhelm Tanjiro.

Tanjiro resists Precog, See-Through World negates it so Deku's fighting blind in this fight. Deku's enhanced senses and Danger Sense are useless when he can't perceive Tanjiro at all.
I already proved how Strong Deku's danger sense is, Tanjiro won't nullify it completely. Plus even if it doesn't work Deku still has Analytical Prediction, he could predict the movements of people who were able to outpace him.

Tanjiro at this key could fight somewhat comparable to Muzan, who fought multiple pillars who themselves have strong precog and perception manipulation, and Muzan had multiple tendrils to overwhelm Tanjiro.
Somewhat comparable?

I already proved how Strong Deku's danger sense is, Tanjiro won't nullify it completely. Plus even if it doesn't work Deku still has Analytical Prediction, he could predict the movements of people who were able to outpace him.
See-Through-World literally nullifies precog which is Analytical Prediction that basically looks through muscles, movements, and blood flow to predict their movement. He's literally impossible to read and predict towards other comparable Demon Slayers, and to assume Deku's own Danger Sense bypasses this resistance is no limits fallacy without any accompanying feats.

Last edited:
I wonder how would Danger Sense deal with See-Through-World here.

Danger Sense detects all danger, whether it's directed at Deku or not.

But See-Through-World IIRC conceals the entire battle spirit of the user. Akaza's ability relied on reading everything about his opponent through their battle spirit, ergo intentions and strong will, but IIRC to his perspective Tanjiro didn't even exist.

STW would be able to mask Tanjiro's battle spirit, so it's possible that Danger Sense won't pick up danger or intent coming from Tanjiro.
But it's also possible that Danger Sense is simply a much more abstract power than Akaza's ability, and still detect eminent harm towards Deku.

STW would be able to mask Tanjiro's battle spirit, so it's possible that Danger Sense won't pick up danger or intent coming from Tanjiro.
Danger Sense as seen in MHA ch. 320 was shown to be similar to KCM Naruto's negative intent sensing, where the precognition only activates if the attack has negative intent. In the case of the above chapter, Deku was overwhelmed by the attacks because they were intended to incap him for rescue and not to give him any considerable harm.
Thus logic would dictate that since DSM Tanjiro conceals his negative intentions at an at least 8-A level, he should neg DS.

Unless DS is shown to operate at a "higher tier" so to speak than Tanjiro's non-self hax, which is something I don't know

The Transparent World makes characters faster than Tanjiro appear to be in slow motion. Can Deku do something about it?

The Transparent World makes characters faster than Tanjiro appear to be in slow motion. Can Deku do something about it?
Deku can keep getting faster with Fa Jin. That should take care of it. And I think everyone is forgetting the LS gap here. Class 25 vs Class M. If tanjiro gets grappled it’s basically over

The Problem is Deku Getting Tanjiro

Tanjiro has managed to dodge Muzan's tentacles several times even though he is inferior

Besides, I doubt that the Fa Jin can increase the speed to the point of overcoming a perception that sees him in slow motion

The Problem is Deku Getting Tanjiro

Tanjiro has managed to dodge Muzan's tentacles several times even though he is inferior

Besides, I doubt that the Fa Jin can increase the speed to the point of overcoming a perception that sees him in slow motion
You forgot Deku also has precognition and Fa Jin is going to keep making him faster and faster

His precognition is based on speed, tho with Deku's Fa Jin amps he can easily counter that
It's not. Slowed speed perception is only a side effect. Tanjiro literally can see Deku's movements through his muscles, blood flow, and intent, paired with enhanced smell that can smell openings and incoming attacks. Also Tanjiro still has Reactive Power Level that allows him to get faster as the fight goes on.

They both have precognition and Enhanced Senses, so I don't see your point, and I doubt Reactive Power Level is going to make him faster than Fa Jin amps. He already almost has every advantage expect IQ. even though Deku should have genius IQ in combat, but that's a conversation for another day

I might just vote incon if this goes on too long

He's not going to use Fa Jin unless he gets an opening for a clear shot.

That's going to be very hard to do, Tanjiro has far better senses than Izuku and has RPL + STW

They both have precognition and Enhanced Senses, so I don't see your point, and I doubt Reactive Power Level is going to make him faster than Fa Jin amps. He already almost has every advantage expect IQ. even though Deku should have genius IQ in combat, but that's a conversation for another day

I might just vote incon if this goes on too long
He actually does have genius IQ in combat lol

He's not going to use Fa Jin unless he gets an opening for a clear shot.

That's going to be very hard to do, Tanjiro has far better senses than Izuku and has RPL + STW
He can actually easily get that opening cause he can just fly up and range spam.

Yea but on his profile he only has Gifted
From his page:

Gifted. Genius Fighter (His predictive skills have developed to such an extent that he was able to perfectly analyze Lady Nagant's movement patterns and track her location based solely on the trajectory of her shots, even when it was night and under heavy rain. Deku easily dominated Fa Jin amid battle despite having used it for the first time only a few minutes earlier)

Back