• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Boruto villain

Hey y'all
So, I've read the most recent Boruto chapter and a new villain has been introduced: Shibai Otsutsuki. As of now, he presumably is the strongest character in Boruto, but I have some questions about his Dimensionality.
It was mentioned that he ascended to a higher dimension where a physical body isn't needed and that he allegedly discarded his body.

I'd love to show the statements but it doesn't let me add images for whatever reason.

Anyways, since he ascended to a higher dimension, he should be 4-D/Universal+. But the discarded-physical-body thing, does that put him any higher? Is it a form of Nonexistent Physiology or Void Manipulation? I'd love it if someone helped me out here. :)

Anyways, since he ascended to a higher dimension, he should be 4-D/Universal . But the discarded-physical-body thing, does that put him any higher? Is it a form of Nonexistent Physiology or Void Manipulation?

No, Higher Existence (4D) Doesn't mean that it has to refer to universal+, If you state such a thing, you have to provide further context, such as that shibai accommodates the World Contains Universe+ with a 4D structure and not just an existence context.

For Nonexistence Physiology Points, this isn't either, from what I can see the shibai just out of physical body and it's not a requirement to get the Nonexistence Physiology qualification, it's nothing more just gaining the Incorporeal (Soul) Aspect.

If the universe is 3D, a higher dimension would be 4D. There is no need for the type of dimension because in my opinion, if it was in 3D and went to another dimension, why was it never mentioned or felt at all.

main-qimg-9d2ab13f6ea940de38315f03644d4ca7-lq

I would love to point out why Shibai Otsutsuki isn’t necessarily just 4D…but 5D at the very least based on what limited information we have on him. Also, before I start, let me just help the ignorant ones confirm that Amado and Momoshiki were indeed referring to a Mathematical higher dimension
main-qimg-4c55facc024cf968d067f0bb12331b87-lq

高次元(こうじげん)とは? 意味・使い方をわかりやすく解説 - goo国語辞書
高次元(こうじげん)とは。意味や使い方、類語をわかりやすく解説。次元が高いこと。ふつう、空間の三次元、またはそれに時間の一次元を加えた四次元よりも高い次元であることを指す。 - goo国語辞書は30万8千件語以上を収録。政治・経済・医学・ITなど、最新用語の追加も定期的に行っています。
https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/word/%E9%AB%98%E6%AC%A1%E5%85%83/

"Kou Jigen [Cow] [High Dimension] Explanation of high dimensionality. It usually refers to a higher dimension than the three dimensions of space, or the four dimensions plus one dimension of time.”
As we know, the current scientific consensus is that our universe has 3 spatial dimensions and 1 time dimension, for a total of four dimensions. This means every fictional universe is at least a 4D construct. However, human beings are considered to exist in three spatial dimensions, which are length, width, and height. These are the dimensions in which we can move and perceive our surroundings. In order words, the Universe is 4D, but human beings are 3D.
In Boruto, every single being, excluding Shibai, are 3D since they only have length, width, and height. Shibai is a different case.

Understanding Amado and Momoshiki’s statement..​

Many people seem not to understand that humans are lower dimensional than the universe. The universe is a higher-dimensional construct. We human beings are lower-dimensional beings INSIDE a higher dimensional construct(Universe)
If you read closely, Amado and Momoshiki’s statements are different things with the same context.
Amado’s statement
main-qimg-c4c1bdb6bfcac12c189d89d3f598ffb4-pjlq

If we are to take Amado’s statement as a literal scientific statement, this would mean that Shibai only evolved to the next higher dimension compared to human beings, which would only make him 4D since humans are just 3D.

However;​

Momoshiki’s statement, despite confirming what Amado hypothesized to be true, said something even more fascinating.
Momoshiki’s statement
main-qimg-96949392e16ecaeae05b6452476fba57-pjlq

Momoshiki claims that Shibai was no longer in “this dimension.” This means Shibai didn't only evolve past his 3-dimensional physical self, but also beyond a 4-dimensional structure because every 3D being exists inside a 4D universe. And this is further alluded by Momoshiki when he claims that he had “observed this plane” for a long time which is true since he and other Otsutsukis travel across the universe in search of power. However, Shibai was no longer in that Universe, which meant that Shibai ascended to a higher mathematical dimensional construct than the regular universe itself, making him 5-dimensional.

Back