• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Netflix Protag Vs. Netflix Antag (Luffy Vs. Mind Flayer's Proxy)

Luffy Vs. The Mind Flayer's Proxy
  • Both in-character
  • Speed equal, SBA otherwise
  • Mind Flayer doesn't have Demogorgons or Demobats in this key
  • Luffy is 9-A (0.067 tons)
  • Mind Flayer is 8-C (0.25 tons)
  • AP difference is 3.78x
1329401.jpeg

"NO MATTER HOW HARD OR IMPOSSIBLE IT IS, NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR GOAL!":

rushelle-kucala-mindflayer.jpg

"DON'T YOU SEE? ALL THIS TIME WE'VE BEEN BUILDING IT. WE'VE BEEN BUILDING IT... FOR YOU.":

I mean, even if Mind Flayer had the Demogorgons and Demobats, Luffy can just easily oneshot hordes of them given they're 9-B. They're more like minor inconveniences than actual threats to him.
Anyway, that AP gap is a bit of a problem for Straw Hat but he does have a very massive LS advantage which would allow him to easily restrain and throw the monster around. Its tentacle attacks also won't be hurting him as much as they should thanks to rubber body.

I haven't watched this season of Stranger things since it aired so how does the Mind Flayer's possession work again?

That aside though it will definitely be tricky for Luffy to put it down due to regen but in the same way it would be pretty hard for the flayer to put down Luffy even with a 3x AP gap due to his resistance to blunt force attacks unless it opts into stabbing Luffy the same way it did to Billy. As said above Luffy does have a major LS advantage so any attempts to grapple him like it does with other won't be met well and he would be able to overpower and throw it around at his leisure which I'd imagine would pose a threat to its usual way of attacking on top of the fact that its stunned by attacks that can harm it and doesn't seem to handle pain well as far its showing with the fireworks goes. We also have the fact that Luffy is an actual legitimate intelligent and cognizant person and an extremely gifted combatant with several years of training and decent skill showings so I'd doubt it'd actually be hard at all for him to outsmart and out maneuver it as he's shown to be extremely agile as seen here and here so the chances of Luffy being able to evade its strikes are quite high.

Luffy might not have a definitive way to put it down due to its regen and I'm not really sure how long its stamina could even last but he could for sure restrain it or keep bludgeoning it with high speed attacks using his Gum Gum Gatling while it tries to regen continuing to damage it. On top of being able to freely control the fight as far as whether or not it can even use its tentacles to grab him I'd say the fight is more in Luffy's favor albeit still in high difficulty

I guess I'm voting Luffy with high difficulty as he has a lot more going for him here in regards to what I've said above for mostly everything except AP and Dura

Wait can he even get through the regen? Cause MMP only died after the gate closed
this is my take on it
Luffy might not have a definitive way to put it down due to its regen and I'm not really sure how long its stamina could even last but he could for sure restrain it or keep bludgeoning it with high speed attacks using his Gum Gum Gatling while it tries to regen continuing to damage it. On top of being able to freely control the fight as far as whether or not it can even use its tentacles to grab him I'd say the fight is more in Luffy's favor albeit still in high difficulty
its only a 3x gap so he can definitely damage it still and has entirely more options of maneuverability and attack. I think absolutely if he continues to pullet it with continuous barrages the way he did with Arlong he'd eventually overwhelm it.

I mean that's what I'd assume but the page is kinda bad and it doesn't have a proper stamina justification so idk

Back