• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Even if Pennywise does shapeshift into multiple things at once, it's not like Ness is any stranger to fighting off entire swarms of enemies like the Attack Slugs or the Noose Men. Like Chris says, should Ness take any severe wounds, he can simply heal himself. Pennywise would have to keep mortally wounding Ness until he's used up all of his psychic power, all while dealing with Ness' shields, offensive magic that covers a wide area, and PSI Paralysis, Hypnosis, and Flash. All of these are definitely beyond the scope of anything Pennywise has had to combat, while Ness fights supernatural beings on a very regular basis.

I'm voting for Ness.

Given the reasoning above, I'll vote for Ness. Pennywise has lost to weaker foes before, you could argue it was PIS, but it wasn't, in the original IT miniseries (1973) it was stated that each member of the Losers Club had psychic powers and we see them actually use them, not only to fight off Pennywise in the sewers, but they also use it to communicate with each other telepathically.

Huh. I actually forgot about that. Damn...

Oh well. I suppose I'll switch to Ness for the above reasoning. Given how not-noteworthy the Losers Club's psionics were overall (to the point that I forgot they even had them), it stands to reason that Ness's psychic powers would be enough to fight 7-C Pennywise off.

Well, 7-C Pennywise anyway. Unless I'm mistaken, they had to be amped by Maturin in order to combat Pennywise's true form. (Though admittedly, that just means any Low 2-C with psychic powers should be able to defeat it, so that's just as well. I also haven't read the IT novel in a while, so don't quote me on that.)

Lack of fear moreso for the films, though. It doesn't actually 'need' fear in the novels; it just likes the way people taste when they're scared and builds its tactics around that as a result.

GreyFang82 said:
What are the votes right now?
Pennywise: 4 (Paulo.junior.969, Hitman987, ZacharyGrossman273, Omega-102)

Ness: 8 (Noahkaismith, ArbitraryNumbers, Penguinkingpin, MrKingOfNegativity, GreyFang82, Brodogger81, Eficiente, Me)

I don't know if Saikou counts as a vote, since he was making an aclaration. But if it was a vote then is 5 for Penny.

If that's the correct vote numbers then I think this should be added because it's basically been 24 hours since the grace period should have started

Back