• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ness vs Archie Sonic

Ness has 5-D Fate Hax which prevents him from Death, KO, and Incap. Also I know earthbound is under revisions that's why this is in fun and games.

I sort of wish I was. It's never seriously been discussed on this Wiki, but I've discussed it with knowledgeable people outside of it, and... it honestly makes more sense than what we have now... If I share the reasoning behind this ranking, it might open the floodgates for too many massve cosmology upgardes that don't deserve it, so I don't know if I want to, the more time passes, the more I unironically believe Kirby is low 1-C. Let's not derail too far though.

Are you guys interested in me debating this matchup right now? I kinda wanna save it for later because Low 1-C Ness is very much so possible

Are you guys interested in me debating this matchup right now? I kinda wanna save it for later because Low 1-C Ness is very much so possible
I want yet to complete earthbound. So what if I'll say yes, but kinda more direct without big spoilers(at least for abilities stuff if he would get new abilities).
Also at this moment I opened only 5 sanctuaries, just to show where I stopped.

Oh boy. Just be sure to not use the Casey bat in your playthrough, and don’t try to grind for the Sword of King. Believe me when I say it is not worth the time as it took me many hours and still no results lol.

Now, if you guys want me to debate this match, just be aware I’ll be pulling up many things that are not on Ness’s current profile lol

Now, if you guys want me to debate this match, just be aware I’ll be pulling up many things that are not on Ness’s current profile lol
Fine by me. I'm not gonna be in a position to debunk them since I don't know much about Earthbound. So I hope someone else can advocate for Archie Sonic

Oh boy. Just be sure to not use the Casey bat in your playthrough, and don’t try to grind for the Sword of King. Believe me when I say it is not worth the time as it took me many hours and still no results lol.

Why?
Why I didn't listened?
Why I took Casey Bat?
At least I have now Magicant Bat.

Last edited:
Ok I completed Earthbound...

What can I say, I'm proud I completed it. Definitely one of the greatest video game experiences and it would be in top 5 my favorite games list by far. Now I would try Mother 3 after completing mother and mother 2.

Back