• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Need help....

My gosh ok so i was on Xmark12's wall about to leave him a message asking what he thought of a blog I made then I noticed a difference om his wall about verse And I realised somthing..

So you see in my verse when you go from one world to another you change to fit it but there's a group of characters who whole thing is that this doesn't affect them and so it's hard to deal with them in normal ways... how on earth would I translate that here?

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
This could be a resistance to transmutation or reality warping. Can you explain what you mean?
No that's not it... it's more like... how can I make this clear...

There basically immune to in story verse equalization... which dosen't translate well here

an Example if say in universe one of them came to the world of one of your guys there universe specific powers don't work on them like say if there's an energy force that eveyone had and they manipulate that energy inside it to attack it wouldnt effect these creatures because they don't have it. Well if a different character (like G vegeta) did it would work because he would have it. But in a vs thread they would all have it and so a big (and some cases main) part of them would be lost...

There mostly miner things I wouldn't mind not putting here but a few of them are rather important.

I see. Well, I don't think a resistance to verse equalization is allowed in threads, but I would ask an admin on this one.

I know. I Intentionally made my verse in such a way that I could make a story in any video game I played, show I watched,ext which lead to there basically being a in universe verse equalization which also lead to the group of characters that it didn't effect...

YungManzi said:
Resistance to Law Manipulation.

It sounds just like Naofumi's Infinity Zero. Which basically nulls verse equalization to an extent.
It simply seems like game mechanics are canon there like with undertale.

It's different in such a way it still works with the rules the same in story as in a vs debate. He makes someone follow his rules with his own abilities well the characters I speck of aren't effected by it... EX in story if one fights a naruto charater the genjutze won't work as they don't have chakra well if in a vs debate it would work because it would. Well if a different character went to naruto's world and did the same the genjutze would work because that's how the verse works... well in a vs thread the genjutze works on all. Well it not working on the character in question is the thing that defines the group of characters in the story...

Maybe I can make a blog that explains it more clearly and ask for help there.

@Darkmon

No...It sounds pretty much identical to what I mentioned. The game mechanics thing only apply to one universe in RoTSH (And even then, it's not full on game mechanics because they don't exist as game data). I know pretty much nothing about undertale.

Infinity Zero binds someone to the laws of the universe they are inside of. He doesn't make someone follow his rules, he simply binds them to the rules of the universe they are inside of. It's literally exactly what you're talking about.

For instance: If your power relies on things that only exist in your verse/don't exist in the verse you are inside of, your powers are nulled.

Is English a second language? Your sentence structure is a little bit confusing.

YungManzi said:
@Darkmon
No...It sounds pretty much identical to what I mentioned. The game mechanics thing only apply to one universe in RoTSH (And even then, it's not full on game mechanics because they don't exist as game data). I know pretty much nothing about undertale.

Infinity Zero binds someone to the laws of the universe they are inside of. He doesn't make someone follow his rules, he simply binds them to the rules of the universe they are inside of. It's literally exactly what you're talking about.

For instance: If your power relies on things that only exist in your verse/don't exist in the verse you are inside of, your powers are nulled.

Is English a second language? Your sentence structure is a little bit confusing.
I'm pretty sure it said he binds other's to the game mechanics of his world not the world he's in. That doesn't solve or effect the inconsistencies I before mentioned however.

Edit I looked you are right about what it does it just...well isn't the same thing as what I'm talking about.

YungManzi said:
Well, what's the difference?
Well it's what I've been saying. One difference would be inconsistent between the story and the vs thread.(which is my actual problem.) Tho it's not the main difference.

The infinte zero binds one to the world they are in. Well these guys are basically opposite. They are bound to no world and can not be affected by them as other beings are.

I decided I'm just adding a note to there pages that I prefer they would not be in a vs thread as the unavoidable inconsistencies with the story will bother me.

@Darkmon

I see where the confusion came from. I'm not saying that they have a power similar to infinity zero, I'm saying they likely have resistance to it. It's like how Monika has resistance to plot manipulation via breaking out of the game script.

Like I said before, it sounds like resistance to law manipulation.

They really don't resist anything. Or err.. the in universe justifications for this is rather...complicated....likely for the best they don't have vs threads anyway there rather broken do to other implications of that same justification.

Back