• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Edo Tensei Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. One thing though - the first link for resistance to Mind and Empathic Manipulation is broken.

image0.jpg

Agree with mostly everything aside from the emotion detection, as Naruto was still able to feel Edo Han's ill intends.
The resistances Wrath added are specifically for when the Edo Tensei caster erases the corpse's personality and emotions. He didn't do that for the Jinchuriki as far as we know. They were just being physically controlled by Obito's Six Paths technique, but we saw that their Bijuu also still had their emotions intact later on in spite of the technique's influence and control.
So I think this is just a bit of a different situation from the one where the Resistances would be applicable.

He didn't do that for the Jinchuriki as far as we know. They were just being physically controlled by Obito's Six Paths technique
Hachibi pretty much implies that they are being controlled by the Edo Tensei and, as far as I'm aware, Black Receivers don’t numb one's personality but control their ability to coordinate their movements; so it doesn’t makes sense for them to remain as stoic as the other mindless Edo Tensei and it doesn’t benefits Obito in any meaningful way to keep them like that.
Bijūs aren’t the same as a their Jinchūriki. As far as Naruto, Killer Bee and Hachibi could tell, they weren’t even Jinchūrikis again at that point until they went into their Partial Bijū Mode. They (The Bijū) are alive, and obviously not under the influence of the Edo Tensei‘s binding unlike their host, but temporarily bound to their Jinchūriki by the receivers.

Hachibi pretty much implies that they are being controlled by the Edo Tensei and, as far as I'm aware, Black Receivers don’t numb one's personality but control their ability to coordinate their movements; so it doesn’t makes sense for them to remain as stoic as the other mindless Edo Tensei and it doesn’t benefits Obito in any meaningful way to keep them like that.

Bijūs aren’t the same as a their Jinchūriki. As far as Naruto, Killer Bee and Hachibi could tell, they weren’t even Jinchūrikis again at that point until they went into their Partial Bijū Mode. They (The Bijū) are alive, and obviously not under the influence of the Edo Tensei‘s binding unlike their host, but temporarily bound to their Jinchūriki by the receivers.
You're missing the point....

Okay, let me explain.
No, the Edo Jinchuriki's were not being controlled by Kabuto. They were being controlled by Obito, through the Six Paths technique. How does that technique work? In a similar way to the Yamanaka's Mind Transfer technique. The chakra receivers transmit the user's chakra into the target's body, which results in a form of chakra possession, where the caster has complete control over the bodies. Obito's chakra and literal consciousness were controlling those bodies. That's why they reflected his eyes, and shared vision with him. That technique, as far as we know, does nothing to suppress emotions. It's just a form of possession. When it's active, Obito's own negative intentions would be transmitted through those bodies just fine. There's no reason for that not to be the case.

Now, when we saw an actual Edo Tensei Zombie that had his emotions and personality stripped by Kabuto, KCM Naruto was incapable of detecting his presence or anticipating his attacks.

Since this thread has unanimous staff agreeing with it, I'll start applying the changes.
Just a lil warning, I checked a few scans in these edits you're making and some are 404ing, like this one.

Imgur has been randomly 404ing shit posted to it. Sometimes such that it's only visible to the account that initially posted it. It's a bit safer to post on the wiki itself, if you can.

But, you can still just double-check them, and re-upload any that are missing, and they should be fine.

Just a lil warning, I checked a few scans in these edits you're making and some are 404ing, like this one.

Imgur has been randomly 404ing shit posted to it. Sometimes such that it's only visible to the account that initially posted it. It's a bit safer to post on the wiki itself, if you can.

But, you can still just double-check them, and re-upload any that are missing, and they should be fine.
Thanks for the warning i didn't even know, I'll replace that scan.

Do you know the reference the scan had?

Same here.

This was already accepted and mostly applied. Only Itachi and Madara remain, and I'm going to apply the changes to them myself later on, since I also have some other edits I'd like to add to Itachi's profile to have him be fully updated.

With that said, I'll close this thread. Nice work, Wrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back