• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Denied Sub-Relativistic Scaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightning travels at a third of the speed of light OvO

But srsly, i think there is a calc putting Toneri at Mach 180000

Isn't the Boruto anime going to retcon the movie just like how Dragon Ball Super RoF retconned RoF though? Or are the profiles not based on the anime?

Edit: Oh wait never mind wrong movie.

A friend of mine calc'ed Toneri's sword at Mach 27035, which is Sub-Relativistic.

There are also several calcs putting 8-Gates Guy at Sub-Relativistic, and Minato also has a Sub-Relativistic feat (dodging the Raikage from 2 centimeters away).

Sub-Relativistic is arguable. Lightspeed, however, is definitely not.

Everyone on this site, well not everyone just a lot of people hate naruto so much that they'll ignore the data book or even blatant feats because well that's not how it works in real life.

No. The databook is ignored because it has statements that are hyperbolic so you can't be sure of the legitimacy of the claims.

Yeah there are obvious ones like remark blowing away the universe or madara destroying the universe. Then there are actuall feats like naruto being ftl for dodging madara's light fang. But because of one or two errors the entire thing is ignored.

@Abbadon

No. As I've gone over a dozen times, Storm Release does not generate light. It can bend and undulate without entering another medium, which goes against the properties of actual light.

Yeah.

While databooks are generally good as supporting evidence, not everything should be taken literally, unless you believe that Kid Buu is "the strongest in the universe" or that Nappa has a power level of 4,000, despite him fighting evenly with Goku, who is listed as 8,000 (all of these come from the Daizenshuu)

I'm not trying to bring this up again so this is the last I'll say.

It's a fictional series, it's obviously not going to follow actual logic. Look at Amaterasu it eats other fires and can stay burning forever, are y'all just going to ignore all that because that's not how it works in real life? We don't even know what other properties madara could have added to the attack.

If it doesn't follow actual logic, the light doesn't travel at the speed of light. Thank you for conceding.

I'm pretty sure the databook said that it travels at Lightspeed not that it is light, which is kind of a big difference.

The databook states that Light Fang is a beam of light which cuts things at the speed of light, so no.

Looking back at the manga, it doesn't even matter, since Naruto didn't dodge it.

He punched Madara's face to the side as the technique went off.

I don't know. I've found one from the Narutowikia which says the speed of light whilst another from here, which says it is a beam of light but then goes on to so at the speed of light.

No, he dodged to the side as Madara released it and tunred his head at the same time, there is no sfx or anything to suggest he punched Madara. And like Abbadon said above, ofcourse not everything will add up in fiction, becasue most writers do not know physics, at the end of the say, what the writer says is what he means, despite it going against physics, it is fiction. I mean we are aguing about people who are able to fly with no actual real life source to provide the flight, but we are suddenly using real life physics for a feat because we dont want characters to reach a certain level. This brings back my thread from a couple days ago to mind.

@Burstchaos

I still find it outlierish for one and secondly storm release has not shown the properties of light in general.

In any case, this topic is banned for a reason and I am not spending another 200 posts discussing this when the same points are brought up again and again.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back