• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto- Current Justification for Toneri’s Moon calc

What a lame attempt of downplaying. To determine the size of a moon split you need to use the size that was shown during the feat itself, it doesn't matter if the gap is smaller afterwards. I have a feeling that if the gap shown after the feat was done happened to be bigger, you woudn't mention it and would ignore it, but since it is smaller you try to downplay.

What a lame attempt of downplaying. To determine the size of a moon split you need to use the size that was shown during the feat itself, it doesn't matter if the gap is smaller afterwards. I have a feeling that if the gap shown after the feat was done happened to be bigger, you woudn't mention it and would ignore it, but since it is smaller you try to downplay.
If the gap was bigger than the one shown, it would had been consistent and not useable. Toneri wanted to crash the moon to the Earth, not put the two pieces back together.

I don't care if nobody cares, that's not up to you.
It's like I mentioned, the case is exactly the same and it was decided that it was better to use the average between the sizes found in different instances, which can be done in this case too.

It's different because GWRE feat has no cuts, the Moon gets cut in half, we see the cut itself and the distance Moon halves traveled in the same single scene without any jumps to other scenes. We can make all measurements in the same scene.
The Cero calculation requires to use different frames/pages.
If you can find all dimensions of that crater on the same scene the feat happened, then do it, and if you can't, then these two cases are different.

I am dropping the Cero argument now, it won't and shouldn't affect GWRE calc.

This does not change the fact that after that it is consistently smaller than what is shown mainly.
The Cero thing with two pages we can scale everything, but they literally took an image where it is shown smaller and that was enough to use the media, here we have several images contradicting the primary size shown.

In all fairness, art inconsistencies are extremely commonplace in Naruto feats generally speaking. I mean look at the insanely inconsistent portrayal for the sizes of the Bijū, Toad Summons, and the perfect Susano'o for God's sake......

If we go for absolutely consistent size portrayal throughout every single panel/frame, then I promise none of the feats in Naruto would be viable for calculations. I know this problem isn't exclusive to Naruto either, so let's not be overly nitpicky please.

More often than not we simply calc the feat(s) using the panel/frame in which it occurred, because logically other panels/frames won't necessarily be consistent with the other ones because artists and animators don't have the time or will to literally pixel scale everything lol.

I feel like we're grasping at straws here tbh.

I don't care if nobody cares, that's not up to you.
It's like I mentioned, the case is exactly the same and it was decided that it was better to use the average between the sizes found in different instances, which can be done in this case to
stop bringing bleach here
It's against rule
If u have problem then try to find a reasonable way to fix bleach calc on its own crt

this is an art Inconsistency to allow the two characters to have dialogue scenes with nice shot composition.

when we get an Establishing Shot of the Moon from a distance as well as the reactions of those on earth it should clearly indicate what the Intent is.

Is this a stand?
w3eqp1mcz6i61.png

Back