• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mythology Media Recommendations?

One obscure form of mythological media I'm aware of is "Fight of Gods", a fighting game which has figures from Japanese, Egyptian, Greek, Abrahamic, Buddhist, Norse and Chinese myth. They've even got Santa Claus as a fighter in that game. So I was wondering which video game genre is better for applying the "loads and loads of characters" trope into playable forms, fighting games or MOBAs?

I've also done a bit of research of my own for mythology media on the VS Battle Wiki. However, some of them I'm not too sure about whether they qualify as genuine "crossover cosmologies" or if they're inspired by myth or have characters use the names of gods as titles/code names. So here's the list of IPs I've come across so far:

• Ah! My Goddess
  • Aphorism
  • Binbogami Ga!
  • Maken-Ki
  • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
  • Noragami
  • Sailor Moon
  • Yaiba
  • Yu-Gi-Oh (There's obviously the Egyptian God Cards, but I've heard there's an archetype for Norse Myth as well in the Yu-Gi-Oh card game. For those of you who play it, what other mythology references are there?)
  • Campione!
  • The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage
  • 9-Nine
  • 11 Eyes
  • Silverio (Verse)
  • Tokyo Babel
  • Kubo and the Two Strings
  • La Leyenda
  • Samurai Jack (saw bits and pieces of it as a kid, watched the entire final season live on Adult Swim)
  • The Grim Adventures of BIlly and Mandy (one of my favorite Cartoon Network shows as a kid (alongside Ed, Edd n Eddy), there was the occasional mythological god reference here and there, but it was mostly Halloween type supernatural stuff with lots of pop culture references.)
  • Supergod
  • Bruce Almighty/Evan Almighty
  • Child's Play (I never watched horror as a kid, mainly because jump scares are effective against me. I Am Legend was the first movie I ever walked out on due to being scared shitless by it.)
  • Clash of the Titans (I might add this to my film collection along with Gods of Egypt if I were to start collecting Blu-Rays of movies that focus exclusively on one pantheon at a time.)
  • The Mummy
  • Yamato Takeru
  • American Gods
  • Cthulhu Mythos (Just adding this here for completion)
  • Death and Destiny
  • Demon Lord Chronicles
  • Discworld (Not sure if this is a crossover cosmology or a mostly fantasy setting similar to Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Game of Thrones or what have you.)
  • Erganverse
  • Grandmist Duology
  • Lord Xue Ying (Verse)
  • Lessa (Has one article on the wiki for Ra (Lessa) as a character)
  • The Gamer
  • Dungeons and Dragons (I've heard that older versions of D&D had splatbooks for IRL mythological gods, nowadays they seem to use more fictional fantasy gods instead.)
  • Ghastly Affair
  • GURPS
  • Pirates Constructible Strategy Game?
  • World of Darkness
  • Happy! (TV Series)
  • Investiture of the Gods
  • Once Upon A Time (OUAT)
  • Supernatural
  • Apotheon
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Brawlhalla
  • Crusader Kings (Mostly historical strategy with the occasional mention of deities.)
  • Cthulhu Saves the World
  • Digimon (What percentage of the Digimon are based on some mythological entity?)
  • Granblue Fantasy (Again, not sure if the characters with god names are the actual gods themselves or separate characters within the context of that verse who just so happen to be named after IRL gods.)
  • Izuna (Universe)
  • Jotun (Video Game)
  • Kai-Ri-Sei Million Arthur
  • Kid Icarus (Pretty sure this one takes some creative liberties with Greek Myth, but I'm adding this here for a complete list)
  • Magic Domain (All I know about this game is that it features Godzilla, King Kong, the Bull Demon King from Journey to the West and Anubis from Egyptian Myth. It looks interesting if it has IRL public domain gods in it.)
  • Monster Strike
  • Okami
  • Puzzle and Dragons
  • Touhou Project (I've heard that Amaterasu and Chang'e are characters in this franchise. Are there any other noteworthy gods (as in, those who are in the public domain) in this series besides those two?)
  • Valkyria Revolution (One of the characters is named Brunhilde, but I'm not sure if she's the actual mythological Valkyrie or a character who shares a name with her.)
  • Valkyrie Crusade
  • Wizard101 (The Big Three of Greek Myth (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades) seem to be characters in this verse, not sure if there are more gods though.)
  • Greasy Moose (This guy did some web cartoons featuring Glycon and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, so this one is admittedly a meme entry because I'm a fan of this guy's works.)
  • Gunnerkrigg Court
  • MYth
  • Tom the Dancing Bug (God-Man, America's favorite omnipotent superhero)
So if anyone whose familiar with any of the IPs listed here, feel free to let me know if fit the criteria for what I'm looking for.

One obscure form of mythological media I'm aware of is "Fight of Gods", a fighting game which has figures from Japanese, Egyptian, Greek, Abrahamic, Buddhist, Norse and Chinese myth. They've even got Santa Claus as a fighter in that game. So I was wondering which video game genre is better for applying the "loads and loads of characters" trope into playable forms, fighting games or MOBAs?

I've also done a bit of research of my own for mythology media on the VS Battle Wiki. However, some of them I'm not too sure about whether they qualify as genuine "crossover cosmologies" or if they're inspired by myth or have characters use the names of gods as titles/code names. So here's the list of IPs I've come across so far:

• Ah! My Goddess
  • Aphorism
  • Binbogami Ga!
  • Maken-Ki
  • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
  • Noragami
  • Sailor Moon
  • Yaiba
  • Yu-Gi-Oh (There's obviously the Egyptian God Cards, but I've heard there's an archetype for Norse Myth as well in the Yu-Gi-Oh card game. For those of you who play it, what other mythology references are there?)
  • Campione!
  • The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage
  • 9-Nine
  • 11 Eyes
  • Silverio (Verse)
  • Tokyo Babel
  • Kubo and the Two Strings
  • La Leyenda
  • Samurai Jack (saw bits and pieces of it as a kid, watched the entire final season live on Adult Swim)
  • The Grim Adventures of BIlly and Mandy (one of my favorite Cartoon Network shows as a kid (alongside Ed, Edd n Eddy), there was the occasional mythological god reference here and there, but it was mostly Halloween type supernatural stuff with lots of pop culture references.)
  • Supergod
  • Bruce Almighty/Evan Almighty
  • Child's Play (I never watched horror as a kid, mainly because jump scares are effective against me. I Am Legend was the first movie I ever walked out on due to being scared shitless by it.)
  • Clash of the Titans (I might add this to my film collection along with Gods of Egypt if I were to start collecting Blu-Rays of movies that focus exclusively on one pantheon at a time.)
  • The Mummy
  • Yamato Takeru
  • American Gods
  • Cthulhu Mythos (Just adding this here for completion)
  • Death and Destiny
  • Demon Lord Chronicles
  • Discworld (Not sure if this is a crossover cosmology or a mostly fantasy setting similar to Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Game of Thrones or what have you.)
  • Erganverse
  • Grandmist Duology
  • Lord Xue Ying (Verse)
  • Lessa (Has one article on the wiki for Ra (Lessa) as a character)
  • The Gamer
  • Dungeons and Dragons (I've heard that older versions of D&D had splatbooks for IRL mythological gods, nowadays they seem to use more fictional fantasy gods instead.)
  • Ghastly Affair
  • GURPS
  • Pirates Constructible Strategy Game?
  • World of Darkness
  • Happy! (TV Series)
  • Investiture of the Gods
  • Once Upon A Time (OUAT)
  • Supernatural
  • Apotheon
  • Asura's Wrath
  • Brawlhalla
  • Crusader Kings (Mostly historical strategy with the occasional mention of deities.)
  • Cthulhu Saves the World
  • Digimon (What percentage of the Digimon are based on some mythological entity?)
  • Granblue Fantasy (Again, not sure if the characters with god names are the actual gods themselves or separate characters within the context of that verse who just so happen to be named after IRL gods.)
  • Izuna (Universe)
  • Jotun (Video Game)
  • Kai-Ri-Sei Million Arthur
  • Kid Icarus (Pretty sure this one takes some creative liberties with Greek Myth, but I'm adding this here for a complete list)
  • Magic Domain (All I know about this game is that it features Godzilla, King Kong, the Bull Demon King from Journey to the West and Anubis from Egyptian Myth. It looks interesting if it has IRL public domain gods in it.)
  • Monster Strike
  • Okami
  • Puzzle and Dragons
  • Touhou Project (I've heard that Amaterasu and Chang'e are characters in this franchise. Are there any other noteworthy gods (as in, those who are in the public domain) in this series besides those two?)
  • Valkyria Revolution (One of the characters is named Brunhilde, but I'm not sure if she's the actual mythological Valkyrie or a character who shares a name with her.)
  • Valkyrie Crusade
  • Wizard101 (The Big Three of Greek Myth (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades) seem to be characters in this verse, not sure if there are more gods though.)
  • Greasy Moose (This guy did some web cartoons featuring Glycon and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, so this one is admittedly a meme entry because I'm a fan of this guy's works.)
  • Gunnerkrigg Court
  • MYth
  • Tom the Dancing Bug (God-Man, America's favorite omnipotent superhero)
So if anyone whose familiar with any of the IPs listed here, feel free to let me know if fit the criteria for what I'm looking for.
The Ra from Lessa is not same as the Ra from Egyptian mythology. Lessa has it's own fictional mythology their are only 2 god's in Lessa who are Lessa and Ra and then their are angles who are obviously inspired from Christianity

Yu-Gi-Oh anime/manga does somewhat, as the Earthbound Immortals are proper gods, they’re based on the Nazca lines, which were likely depictions of mythological animals in the Nazca religion. Nordics are also proper gods, but they play a very minor role when compared to the Egyptian Gods and Earthbound Immortals.
Other archetypes that I believe are meant to depict figures and phenomena from mythology/legend/mythology adjacent classical literature in Yu-Gi-Oh include:
Burning Abyss (The Divine Comedy)
Fire Kings (Assorted)
Yang Zing (9 offspring of the dragon from Chinese Mythology)
Darklords (Abrahamic fallen angels)
Noble Knights (Three Matters + Jeanne D’Arc)
Shiranui (Spirit flames from Japanese folklore)
The older Spirit monsters were often based on Japanese mythology and folklore
There are plenty others, but I’m unsure which ones are directly depicting mythology and which are just inspired by it named for them.

Campione fits what you’re looking for
90% sure Puzzles and Dragons,
Supernatural, and American Gods do as well.
Kubo and the Two Strings is only Japanese mythology, but if you haven’t I’d recommend watching it anyway. Incredible animation.

The Advanced Player of the Tutorial Tower has this to some extent. In the story there are legendary beings attacking the Earth and other planets. Their power is dependent on how much we and those planets recognize their achievements in our legends. So far I’ve only been able to identify two of the characters’ associated legend (JttW and Japan’s Hyakki Yagyo), I’m unsure to what extent others were made up by the author. Items from other mythologies have appeared, and as the MC faces stronger opponents there should be more based on recognizable figures, so I suspect there will be more to the crossover cosmology going forward.

The Ra from Lessa is not same as the Ra from Egyptian mythology. Lessa has it's own fictional mythology their are only 2 god's in Lessa who are Lessa and Ra and then their are angles who are obviously inspired from Christianity
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Yu-Gi-Oh anime/manga does somewhat, as the Earthbound Immortals are proper gods, they’re based on the Nazca lines, which were likely depictions of mythological animals in the Nazca religion. Nordics are also proper gods, but they play a very minor role when compared to the Egyptian Gods and Earthbound Immortals.
Other archetypes that I believe are meant to depict figures and phenomena from mythology/legend/mythology adjacent classical literature in Yu-Gi-Oh include:
Burning Abyss (The Divine Comedy)
Fire Kings (Assorted)
Yang Zing (9 offspring of the dragon from Chinese Mythology)
Darklords (Abrahamic fallen angels)
Noble Knights (Three Matters + Jeanne D’Arc)
Shiranui (Spirit flames from Japanese folklore)
The older Spirit monsters were often based on Japanese mythology and folklore
There are plenty others, but I’m unsure which ones are directly depicting mythology and which are just inspired by it named for them.

Campione fits what you’re looking for
90% sure Puzzles and Dragons,
Supernatural, and American Gods do as well.
Kubo and the Two Strings is only Japanese mythology, but if you haven’t I’d recommend watching it anyway. Incredible animation.

The Advanced Player of the Tutorial Tower has this to some extent. In the story there are legendary beings attacking the Earth and other planets. Their power is dependent on how much we and those planets recognize their achievements in our legends. So far I’ve only been able to identify two of the characters’ associated legend (JttW and Japan’s Hyakki Yagyo), I’m unsure to what extent others were made up by the author. Items from other mythologies have appeared, and as the MC faces stronger opponents there should be more based on recognizable figures, so I suspect there will be more to the crossover cosmology going forward.
Thanks for the explanations of Yu-Gi-Oh archetypes as well as the recommendations for Campione, Puzzle and Dragons, Supernatural, American Gods, Kubo and the Two Strings and The Advanced Player of the Tutorial Tower. The last one seems interesting. Is Webtoon free, or do you have to have a subscription to use it? Either way, hopefully your predictions for that series getting itself a crossover cosmology sometime in the future turns out to be true. As you've said already, they've got Chinese and Japanese mythology at the very least.

WEBTOON is free. You can read and download ongoing series for free, and for completed official series you can read them 1 chapter per day, or pay per chapter.
God of Highschool, which someone suggested earlier, is also on WEBTOON. It’s nearing the end, so you should read it soon if you plan to. I highly recommend it, it’s a really fun series, great characters, good story, and some of the most well drawn action in the medium.

Another series on WEBTOON that sort of has a crossover cosmology is Omniscient Reader, though it’s mostly in the background. Gods, mythical figures, and historical heroes are basically watching the events of the series on a live stream, and are able to either donate to individuals or appoint them as incarnations to whom they can grant their powers/powers based on their achievements. Apparently later in the series some start making more direct appearances.

Last edited:
Hmmm, if that's the case then Digimon are pretty good too, so many historical/mythical/legendary references on it (The Royal Knights and Olympus XIII are basically Knights of Round Table and Greek Main Gods for example)

WEBTOON is free. You can read and download ongoing series for free, and for completed official series you can read them 1 chapter per day, or pay per chapter.
God of Highschool, which someone suggested earlier, is also on WEBTOON. It’s nearing the end, so you should read it soon if you plan to. I highly recommend it, it’s a really fun series, great characters, good story, and some of the most well drawn action in the medium.

Another series on WEBTOON that sort of has a crossover cosmology is Omniscient Reader, though it’s mostly in the background. Gods, mythical figures, and historical heroes are basically watching the events of the series on a live stream, and are able to either donate to individuals or appoint them as incarnations to whom they can grant their powers/powers based on their achievements. Apparently later in the series some start making more direct appearances.
I watched some episodes of the anime for The God of High School. I should pick up where I last left off so that I can binge read the manhwa. So which chapter do I start reading if I complete the anime adaptation? Korean Webtoons are perfect for reading on your phone while on a bus commute or lunch break at work, right? I just got myself a Webtoon account in preparation for for the binge reading.

Hmmm, if that's the case then Digimon are pretty good too, so many historical/mythical/legendary references on it (The Royal Knights and Olympus XIII are basically Knights of Round Table and Greek Main Gods for example)
I see. Any other mythological references you can think of?

I watched some episodes of the anime for The God of High School. I should pick up where I last left off so that I can binge read the manhwa. So which chapter do I start reading if I complete the anime adaptation? Korean Webtoons are perfect for reading on your phone while on a bus commute or lunch break at work, right? I just got myself a Webtoon account in preparation for for the binge reading.
Yeah, Webtoons are typically designed to be read on mobile.
I believe the last chapter that gets fully adapted is 53. Though, if you haven’t watched the entire anime (especially if at any point it seems rushed, like things are jumping around, or like the characters are flat) I have to recommend reading from the beginning. The anime effectively adapted two seasons of content in only 13 episodes so lots of major characterization as well as some lore details and plot relevant information got cut.

Yeah, Webtoons are typically designed to be read on mobile.
I believe the last chapter that gets fully adapted is 53. Though, if you haven’t watched the entire anime (especially if at any point it seems rushed, like things are jumping around, or like the characters are flat) I have to recommend reading from the beginning. The anime effectively adapted two seasons of content in only 13 episodes so lots of major characterization as well as some lore details and plot relevant information got cut.
I just finished reading chapter 30. The Webtoon app is perfectly designed for speed reading, especially while on the go. Since you said that GOH is ending soon, how many weeks or months do I have to get fully caught up before it ends and it limits you to 1 chapter per day with an optional paywall of sorts?

I'll be mostly watching, as people will probably cover all I can say. The Riordanverse, DC and Marvel of course have all that. Some series technically have mythological gods but their concepts and stuff, as traditionally seen, are mostly irrelevant to the plot, such as The God of Highschool and Assassin's Creed.

I'm also incredibly happy you mentioned Scion, I love Tabletop RPGs and I wish more profiles of them were done.
Adding to your comment
The recent AC games have leaned a lot more into the "Gods" of the setting - the Precursor Race of Isu. There's a trilogy of DLC's themed around them in Odyssey (showing us go to Elysium, Tartarus and Atlantis) and Valhalla has an extensive subplot where we play through the Isu history with a mythic lens (encountering Fenrir and other figures)

As for my suggestions
  1. Blood of Zeus; the series is heavily flawed and focuses on O.C mortals but the series shines with the Gods. They're all pretty well presented and characterized and it's kinda cool seeing them all in the anime artstyle the series has.
  2. God of War. The games are well known but the novelizations (focusing on the first, second and fourth games) are pretty good reads too. Especially with the Greek Novels adding a subplot from the Godly perspective. The first book shows Athena getting Gods to aid Kratos with the second showing Zeus' deterioration, Gaia's awakening power and the Sisters of Fate's machinations
  3. DC was mentioned but Injustice Year Four is pretty good. It shows the "Civil War" of the DC Universe interrupted by the intervention of Olympus. We see Ares playing everyone, Hercules battling the Trinity and all manner of Gods and heroes playing against each other.
  4. The Hercules books done by Radical Comics. There's two, "The Thracian War" (which roughly inspired the Dwayne Johnson film) and the Knives of Kushu (which shows Hercules going to Ancient Egypt to stop a political conspiracy.
  5. Ragnarok; It's a comic based on the aftermath of the Norse Apocalypse, showing an undead Thor going through the ruined Nine Worlds and it's pretty damn fun ngl

I just finished reading chapter 30. The Webtoon app is perfectly designed for speed reading, especially while on the go. Since you said that GOH is ending soon, how many weeks or months do I have to get fully caught up before it ends and it limits you to 1 chapter per day with an optional paywall of sorts?
I’m uncertain, but the author’s currently taking a short hiatus to recover before drawing the final fight. I’d expect 3 months minimum between the hiatus, the fight, the falling action, an additional three weeks for all chapters to be made free and one or two for the whole series to be available free.
So, not a huge rush, but you will definitely want to have read it before it becomes paid.

To add onto Digimon, we have Japanese Gods such as Sakuyamon, Susanoomon and Kazuchimon. Holsmon based on Horus, Sethmon, Anubismon, Titamon (Greek Titans), Asuramon, Shroudmon (Also Asura based), The Devas (Based on the Chinese Zodiac), Shivamon, Shakamon, Velgrmon and FrosVelgrmon based on Norse myth, Zudomon and Vikemon having weapons named after Thor and his hammer respectively. Valkyriemon, the 4 Great Dragons, literally every Angel Digimon, Garmmon, Vritramon, Cerberumon, Agnimon, MaloMyotismon (Japanese name being BelialVamdemon), etc.

I could go on.

Funny enough, Vritramon is based from the world-end level dragon with the same name from Hindu Myths

Ogudomon is basically Beast of Revelation, right?

There's a really weird version of this on the Ilium/Olympos duology, where people in the far future have managed to defy the laws of physics, and a particular group has decided to re-enact the Trojan Wars while incorporating greek deities.

It's a stretch to consider it Mythology media in the conventional sense, but it's there.

Almost forgot
There's a fun webseries on Deviantart called NeOlympus that I'd recommend. The idea is the Gods have left the Earth that stopped worshipping them and conquered a new dimension, later reorganizing it's supernatural ecosystem and society in their own image.

It's unfinished but it's got some fun lore under it's belt and I love what the author does with the Gods (Zeus’ philandering being because of Metis’ loss which causes him to dull the memory)

Last edited:
Adding to your comment
The recent AC games have leaned a lot more into the "Gods" of the setting - the Precursor Race of Isu. There's a trilogy of DLC's themed around them in Odyssey (showing us go to Elysium, Tartarus and Atlantis) and Valhalla has an extensive subplot where we play through the Isu history with a mythic lens (encountering Fenrir and other figures)

As for my suggestions
  1. Blood of Zeus; the series is heavily flawed and focuses on O.C mortals but the series shines with the Gods. They're all pretty well presented and characterized and it's kinda cool seeing them all in the anime artstyle the series has.
  2. God of War. The games are well known but the novelizations (focusing on the first, second and fourth games) are pretty good reads too. Especially with the Greek Novels adding a subplot from the Godly perspective. The first book shows Athena getting Gods to aid Kratos with the second showing Zeus' deterioration, Gaia's awakening power and the Sisters of Fate's machinations
  3. DC was mentioned but Injustice Year Four is pretty good. It shows the "Civil War" of the DC Universe interrupted by the intervention of Olympus. We see Ares playing everyone, Hercules battling the Trinity and all manner of Gods and heroes playing against each other.
  4. The Hercules books done by Radical Comics. There's two, "The Thracian War" (which roughly inspired the Dwayne Johnson film) and the Knives of Kushu (which shows Hercules going to Ancient Egypt to stop a political conspiracy.
  5. Ragnarok; It's a comic based on the aftermath of the Norse Apocalypse, showing an undead Thor going through the ruined Nine Worlds and it's pretty damn fun ngl
Thanks for the additional recommendations!

I’m uncertain, but the author’s currently taking a short hiatus to recover before drawing the final fight. I’d expect 3 months minimum between the hiatus, the fight, the falling action, an additional three weeks for all chapters to be made free and one or two for the whole series to be available free.
So, not a huge rush, but you will definitely want to have read it before it becomes paid.
So how exactly do paid series on WEBTOON work? Can you only read one chapter a day unless you pay for each individual chapter? When did the hiatus start exactly? Also, would downloading the series on mobile help out in case I don't finish it in time? I'm currently at chapter 80 right now and enjoying the good read.

There's a really weird version of this on the Ilium/Olympos duology, where people in the far future have managed to defy the laws of physics, and a particular group has decided to re-enact the Trojan Wars while incorporating greek deities.

It's a stretch to consider it Mythology media in the conventional sense, but it's there.
That sounds like an interesting sci-fi premise. Is it a book series available on Amazon?

Almost forgot
There's a fun webseries on Deviantart called NeOlympus that I'd recommend. The idea is the Gods have left the Earth that stopped worshipping them and conquered a new dimension, later reorganizing it's supernatural ecosystem and society in their own image.

It's unfinished but it's got some fun lore under it's belt and I love what the author does with the Gods (Zeus’ philandering being because of Metis’ loss which causes him to dull the memory)
Yeah, the idea of Zeus copulating with any woman he can as a coping mechanism for Metis' death is certainly interesting. As much as I love the "lol Zeus horny" jokes, that NeOlympus backstory is more compelling if you ask me. Speaking of which, do you have a link to NeOlympus? Is this it?: https://www.deviantart.com/roysovitch/journal/A-Beginner-s-Guide-to-NeOlympus-W-I-P-692130738

Are there other pantheons in NeOlympus besides the Greek Pantheon?

Yeah, the idea of Zeus copulating with any woman he can as a coping mechanism for Metis' death is certainly interesting. As much as I love the "lol Zeus horny" jokes, that NeOlympus backstory is more compelling if you ask me. Speaking of which, do you have a link to NeOlympus? Is this it?: https://www.deviantart.com/roysovitch/journal/A-Beginner-s-Guide-to-NeOlympus-W-I-P-692130738
Yeah it is an interesting take on his hedonism to have it be borne out of personal loss
As for the series you can read about it on the Wiki but there's also the chapters on DeviantArt which you can find here
Are there other pantheons in NeOlympus besides the Greek Pantheon?
Roy seems to imply in the lore entires that there are indigenous deities and tribal spirits that the Olympians laid low but I'm unsure if any of them are still alive. I know someone suggested for him to do something with the Norse Gods but he doesn't seem to have any interest

So how exactly do paid series on WEBTOON work? Can you only read one chapter a day unless you pay for each individual chapter? When did the hiatus start exactly? Also, would downloading the series on mobile help out in case I don't finish it in time? I'm currently at chapter 80 right now and enjoying the good read.
Yeah, with paid series, you can open one chapter per day per series, then any additional chapters that day are 5 coins (~50 cents) per chapter. For ongoing series, chapters are 5 coins for the first 3 weeks after their release, then are made free after that. The last chapter before the hiatus became free last week, so the hiatus has been going on for 4 weeks in the English release, I can’t tell if it’s been longer for the Korean release, since I don’t know if they have a similar 3 week thing.
I’m not sure if downloading it would work like that, I’m not sure how downloading interacts with paid series. Last time I did it, you could only keep a downloaded series for 30 days, so if it works that would be the maximum extension.

Yeah it is an interesting take on his hedonism to have it be borne out of personal loss
As for the series you can read about it on the Wiki but there's also the chapters on DeviantArt which you can find here

Roy seems to imply in the lore entires that there are indigenous deities and tribal spirits that the Olympians laid low but I'm unsure if any of them are still alive. I know someone suggested for him to do something with the Norse Gods but he doesn't seem to have any interest
Alright, thanks for the info. Sucks that he doesn't seem to be interested in branching out to other mythologies. But then again, other pantheons are a lot to get into all at once. Plus he might have a preference for Greek Myths for whatever reason. Which is fair, since some might care only about one specific pantheon of gods, and that's okay.

Yeah, with paid series, you can open one chapter per day per series, then any additional chapters that day are 5 coins (~50 cents) per chapter. For ongoing series, chapters are 5 coins for the first 3 weeks after their release, then are made free after that. The last chapter before the hiatus became free last week, so the hiatus has been going on for 4 weeks in the English release, I can’t tell if it’s been longer for the Korean release, since I don’t know if they have a similar 3 week thing.
I’m not sure if downloading it would work like that, I’m not sure how downloading interacts with paid series. Last time I did it, you could only keep a downloaded series for 30 days, so if it works that would be the maximum extension.
I've gotten around to Chapter 160. It's really good. Crazy displays of OP powers so far, and I like it. I remember seeing a scene from the GoH anime with Jin Mori in his Sun Wukong form. So after Chapter 53 shows up in the Anime does said Anime just start jumping all over the place in terms of inconsistent chapter adaptations of the plot in animation form?

My bad, I just double checked and it actually ends at chapter 112, I had seen chapter 53 mentioned in a few places, so I didn’t check it myself.
So the anime compressed stuff even more than I had thought.

My bad, I just double checked and it actually ends at chapter 112, I had seen chapter 53 mentioned in a few places, so I didn’t check it myself.
So the anime compressed stuff even more than I had thought.
Alright then. Thanks for the clarifications.

To get back to the topic at hand, does anyone here know of any good mobile games similar to Fate/Grand Order in that it has a crossover cosmology of sorts? I still like playing FGO, but I wish the mythical servants weren't limited to demigods. In the case of actual deities like Ishtar and Parvati, they're in the form of pseudo-servants that need a host body (Rin for Ishtar and Sakura for Parvati) to interact with the world of mages. An RPG-like mobile game where I could play Zeus, Odin, Horus, Ishtar, Parvati, Quetzalcoatl or what have you would be a nice game to play.

It's not the best show and it's pretty rough, but I really like Legend Quest. It's an adventure show where the cast confront a different monster from a different mythology every episode. It's mostly based in mythology/folklore originating in Mexico, but they also have mythological stuff from other cultures too. The film series it's adapted from has a similar premise but is entirely Mexican with the mythology and is much darker.

I haven't read it, but Chaos War is a Marvel storyline where Hercules fights and interacts with mythical beings from various cultures. In general, you'll probably see this stuff pop up a lot in Thor or Hercules stories in Marvel or Wonder Woman stories in DC. Last Days of the Justice Society of America also has elements of this.

It's not the best show and it's pretty rough, but I really like Legend Quest. It's an adventure show where the cast confront a different monster from a different mythology every episode. It's mostly based in mythology/folklore originating in Mexico, but they also have mythological stuff from other cultures too. The film series it's adapted from has a similar premise but is entirely Mexican with the mythology and is much darker.

I haven't read it, but Chaos War is a Marvel storyline where Hercules fights and interacts with mythical beings from various cultures. In general, you'll probably see this stuff pop up a lot in Thor or Hercules stories in Marvel or Wonder Woman stories in DC. Last Days of the Justice Society of America also has elements of this.
Thanks for the recs. I've heard Chaos Wars is out of print though. Hopefully it gets re-printed sometime in the future.

Back