• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My personal Cosmology ( 5D cosmology ).

I’m writing a cosmology that contains infinite amount of universes ( it is a 5D space containing an infinite amount of 4DSTC ). An infinite amount are the same as ours, another infinite amount of them has minuscule to massive differences to our own etc.

But, I was told that the “physics” must remain the same. And then, the opposite from another source.

This is a problem because being limited to all universes having the same physics sounds creatively restricting. I want to write short stories about French fry people, places where 2 equals 7, atoms are replaced by lasagna etc….

I want to hear this community’s opinion. Does breaking physics automatically mean that the cosmology is considered a type 4 multiverse?

For mine, I don’t believe so because… my cosmology is contained in a 5D space so, no universe can exceed 5 dimensions in any form so…

that means no absolute infinity, infinite dimensions, no mathematical universe etc.

I want my 5D cosmology to contain quite literally everything possible…just minus that none of the universes can exceed 5 dimensions.

What do you think?

I’m writing a cosmology that contains infinite amount of universes ( it is a 5D space containing an infinite amount of 4DSTC ). An infinite amount are the same as ours, another infinite amount of them has minuscule to massive differences to our own etc.

But, I was told that the “physics” must remain the same. And then, the opposite from another source.

This is a problem because being limited to all universes having the same physics sounds creatively restricting. I want to write short stories about French fry people, places where 2 equals 7, atoms are replaced by lasagna etc….

I want to hear this community’s opinion. Does breaking physics automatically mean that the cosmology is considered a type 4 multiverse?

For mine, I don’t believe so because… my cosmology is contained in a 5D space so, no universe can exceed 5 dimensions in any form so…

that means no absolute infinity, infinite dimensions, no mathematical universe etc.

I want my 5D cosmology to contain quite literally everything possible…just minus that none of the universes can exceed 5 dimensions.

What do you think?
There is no way to do this, it is literally impossible.

I think you shouldn't care about the powerscaling part, your verse doesn't need to make sense in this wiki to be good, most authors don't even know Vsb wiki even exists and make a lot of contradictions to what this wiki thinks it should be. If you think it makes sense to you then do it your way, it's all fictional anyways it's not like a ninjas at FTL speeds and manipulating chakra obeys laws of physics anyways.

Yeah like what the guy above you said

No one but sweaty powerscalers care about cosmology. You shouldn't focus on how strong your cosmology is unless you want to attract stinky powerscalers.

You should focus more on the characters and story.

Yeah like what the guy above you said

No one but sweaty powerscalers care about cosmology. You shouldn't focus on how strong your cosmology is unless you want to attract stinky powerscalers.

You should focus more on the characters and story.
I always thought this way. It’s nice to hear you motivate me value plot over powerscaling, thanks :).

While you’re here, while I do plan on writing a story, I do like to have a good foundation of powerscaling while I write.

Recently, I’ve been getting into the hierarchy of infinities such as: Reinhardt, Berkeley and Woodin.

But, I’m having trouble finding a way to make a power hierarchy out of just one of these infinities. ( you know like from 1 to 100 but replace them with infinities ).

Do you know anyone who can help me?

I always thought this way. It’s nice to hear you motivate me value plot over powerscaling, thanks :).

While you’re here, while I do plan on writing a story, I do like to have a good foundation of powerscaling while I write.

Recently, I’ve been getting into the hierarchy of infinities such as: Reinhardt, Berkeley and Woodin.

But, I’m having trouble finding a way to make a power hierarchy out of just one of these infinities. ( you know like from 1 to 100 but replace them with infinities ).

Do you know anyone who can help me?
First of all, tell me why is it necessary for your story to have a hierarchy of Berkeley infinities?

Can you name a good story you personally like from your mind without googling that uses those concepts in a way that's essential to the plot?

First of all, tell me why is it necessary for your story to have a hierarchy of Berkeley infinities?

Can you name a good story you personally like from your mind without googling that uses those concepts in a way that's essential to the plot?
I have written and plan on writing stories that have higher and higher superficial stakes, I don’t like writing sequel stories that set the superficial stakes down. I’m not going to go lower and my writing is at my best when I can see a bigger picture.

No, I can’t. But that’s all the more reason I want to write such high stake stories. I want to do it right, plot first and the powerscaling is a bonus.

Without even looking at the Thread starter post and other messages, I can say with one hundred percent confidence that if you focus on the power/cosmology of the verse rather than the story and characters, it will be much less fulfilling. I'm pretty sure all stories that intentionally use Versus Battles' Tiers to boost the power of their verse is removed from the wiki. So, just focus on the story, and if it feels natural for there to be whatever-dimensionality, then add it, but don't make it the focus.

Now for my Lawful Evil answer, look at any tiers of Low 1-C and above it to get a good picture of what to do, or just have your story base it's origins in Chinese Mythos. God of High School did the same thing and people went crazy with Power scaling (Nirvana go brrrrr [I'm joking])

Without even looking at the Thread starter post and other messages, I can say with one hundred percent confidence that if you focus on the power/cosmology of the verse rather than the story and characters, it will be much less fulfilling. I'm pretty sure all stories that intentionally use Versus Battles' Tiers to boost the power of their verse is removed from the wiki. So, just focus on the story, and if it feels natural for there to be whatever-dimensionality, then add it, but don't make it the focus.

Now for my Lawful Evil answer, look at any tiers of Low 1-C and above it to get a good picture of what to do, or just have your story base it's origins in Chinese Mythos. God of High School did the same thing and people went crazy with Power scaling (Nirvana go brrrrr [I'm joking])
I write my stories with emotional arcs and plot first. But, I find it helpful/fun to have a foundation of the scale of fighting when, I’m writing 2 characters who can destroy 5D+ objects.

On the matter, I plan to one day escalate the plot high enough to feature Berkeley Cardinal-amount of dimensions.

If you know someone who can help me understand Berkeleys, Woodins, Reinhardt and the such, let me know :)

I have written and plan on writing stories that have higher and higher superficial stakes, I don’t like writing sequel stories that set the superficial stakes down. I’m not going to go lower and my writing is at my best when I can see a bigger picture.
The thing with stakes is that after a certain point, destroying everything means nothing.

You can make a story where the multiverse, universe or something bigger is threatened to be destroyed, but to most people, it will have the same impact as a story where the world is destroyed.

What matters with stakes is how willing the creator is to harm the characters and what will the characters lose.

You can write a story where the villain is threatening to destroy the universe, the omniverse, all dimensions, all things above dimensions.

But in the end, developing a side character and threatening their lives is more impactful.

Who cares if a million fictional people die? What matters most is if the characters that the readers love and are connected with feel threatened or die.

You can continue doing what you're doing. I'm not stopping you. Be as creative as you want. But such high stakes, as you said, are superficial if the victims aren't well developed characters. I personally don't find it necessary.
If you know someone who can help me understand Berkeleys, Woodins, Reinhardt and the such, let me know :)
Honestly, if you don't understand those concepts, don't put them in your stories because you'll eventually not do anything interesting with them. No twists, nothing interesting. They'll be there just to be there.

Write what you know, and if you're desperately interested in a concept you don't know. Learn more about it until you can make a twist or use it in a way the reader enjoys to read.

Honestly, I personally don't think you should learn about those concepts to put them in your story because number 1, you'll attract powerscalers as your readers and they're all sweaty and annoying. And number 2, it appears that you're mostly adding them for powerscaling purposes, not because you think it will benefit the story in any way. Simply because it's "Cool" but then again, the only people who would find those things cool are powerscalers. Which, if you want to attract to your fanbase, go ahead, but I personally think you shouldn't.

You don really need to understand those things for creating a cosmology with several (or infinite)spatial/temporal axis. You can just create some charcter that can explain that those things are additional axis without the needs to explain infinities

Edit: it all depends on the plot. And your ideas

You are not really a writer, are you?

Throwing your characters into situations where the world, the universe, or the multiverse is threatened doesn't really keep the stakes high for the readers, like at all. It gets boring really early on if you don't build up the settings for such situations early on in the chapter.

For example:
  • Why are these characters in such a situation?
  • How did this came to be?
  • Do they even know what to do?
  • If so, how?

Character build up and setting the tone is very important in storytelling, remember that. A writer can keep the stakes high without including any multiversal shenanigans, really.

For example, you can first start by showing a obstacle that the protagonist has to cross. This can be anything, doesn't matter. Something like this:

He ran through the streets, his heart pounding in his chest harder and harder with each step he took. He should have listened to her—he should've known better!

"Amelia..."

He whispers her name as a flurry of guilt and shame washes over him, making him stop dead in his track.

His blood runs cold and his arms shiver up remembering that night. Unable to bear such thoughts, he slowly sat himself down on the cold pavement below, curling up into a ball. He slowly began tearing up, tightly clutching his jacket for any semblance of hope that he could get.

"What have I done..?"
See? We don't know what's at stake but we do know one thing, though: the main character has done something wrong and he must make amends for it.

Now, what does this do? Of course! Set-up the course for tragic fall of characters left and right! Tada~

If you think the only way you can advance your story is by adding absurdly overpowered scaling stuff, you were never meant for such writing stuff. Stop making excuses with, "Oh, my imagination is being obstruct with this kind of restrictions! Waaah!"

Grow up, be a man. If you want to add stuff to the wiki, we have FC/Oc for that. Don't ever claim to be a writer if your only goal is to make overpowered characters that can stomp this and that verse. It will be real disrespectful to the real ones.

And if you don't understand a concept, just don't please. It will just look like you are info dumping on the readers. Show, not tell.

Last edited:
You are not really a writer, are you?

Throwing your characters into situations where the world, the universe, or the multiverse is threatened doesn't really keep the stakes high for the readers, like at all. It gets boring really early on if you don't build up the settings for such situations early on in the chapter.

For example:
  • Why are these characters in such a situation?
  • How did this came to be?
  • Do they even know what to do?
  • If so, how?

Character build up and setting the tone is very important in storytelling, remember that. A writer can keep the stakes high without including any multiversal shenanigans, really.

For example, you can first start by showing a obstacle that the protagonist has to cross. This can be anything, doesn't matter. Something like this:

See? We don't know what's at stake but we do know one thing, though: the main character has done something wrong and he must make amends for it.

Now, what does this do? Of course! Set-up the course for tragic fall of characters left and right! Tada~

If you think the only way you can advance your story is by adding absurdly overpowered scaling stuff, you were never meant for such writing stuff. Stop making excuses with, "Oh, my imagination is being obstruct with this kind of restrictions! Waaah!"

Grow up, be a man. If you want to add stuff to the wiki, we have FC/Oc for that. Don't ever claim to be a writer if your only goal is to make overpowered characters that can stomp this and that verse. It will be real disrespectful to the real ones.

And if you don't understand a concept, just don't please. It will just look like you are info dumping on the readers. Show, not tell.
I’ve been given permission to request you tone down your comment.

(1) You are in no position to judge my work or methods of writing, the former of which I have not shown and who’s quality your basing on nothing but arrogant assumptions.
(2) Learn to properly disagree with others that’s not resorting to demeaning names, a lack of respect and making such outlandish demands. It’ll save us both and future debaters, the trouble of having this conversation.

i hope you’re willing to reevaluate your behavior here. I don’t want to hold grudges.

I’ve been given permission to request you tone down your comment.

(1) You are in no position to judge my work or methods of writing, the former of which I have not shown and who’s quality your basing on nothing but arrogant assumptions.
(2) Learn to properly disagree with others that’s not resorting to demeaning names, a lack of respect and making such outlandish demands. It’ll save us both and future debaters, the trouble of having this conversation.

i hope you’re willing to reevaluate your behavior here. I don’t want to hold grudges.
He was literally giving good constructive criticism, that most of us agree with...

Either way, the point is that for a good story, the cosmology is not really that important, World-building is much more of a priority as well as character development. The story only becomes confusing and lower quality by spamming cosmology.

Another thing would be to try to find diverse problems and try to fit them in. The comment above explained that pretty well.

He was literally giving good constructive criticism, that most of us agree with...

Either way, the point is that for a good story, the cosmology is not really that important, World-building is much more of a priority as well as character development. The story only becomes confusing and lower quality by spamming cosmology.

Another thing would be to try to find diverse problems and try to fit them in. The comment above explained that pretty well.
We are now debating on how to properly disagree with someone. The efficiency or the aim of the original user is irrelevant to my response.
The topic of proper ettiquette is not a debate I am going to entertain.

It should be known, when asking a question into the void that is the internet, that the possibility of negative criticism is not only existent but also likely. It is not impolite to point out flaws or to engage in discourse on a topic- so long as that discourse is engaged in politely. A comment to the effect of "you're not a real writer because I feel this is bad", is certainly impolite, even if it is followed by criticism of apparent merit.

Be kind when you have the opportunity to be kind, is all I mean to say. Thank you.

It should be known, when asking a question into the void that is the internet, that the possibility of negative criticism is not only existent but also likely. It is not impolite to point out flaws or to engage in discourse on a topic- so long as that discourse is engaged in politely. A comment to the effect of "you're not a real writer because I feel this is bad", is certainly impolite, even if it is followed by criticism of apparent merit.

Be kind when you have the opportunity to be kind, is all I mean to say. Thank you.
Sorry if it seemed rude, my friends and I just open fire criticism at each other like this. Again, sorry.

Edit: I was reading a wild webnovel. The first chapter itself confused and disgusted me so much. The author really had something against women.

Sorry if it seemed rude, my friends and I just open fire criticism at each other like this. Again, sorry.
It's alright. Criticism is allowed, just try to be more polite about it in the future.

Back