• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GreatestSin

Give one piece of evidence that states that Bakugou's explosions aren't a constant speed like actual nitroglycerin. His abilities are repeatedly stated by a result of his reflexes and subtle motor controls, not some preconceived notion that his explosions somehow vary in speed.

^i never said his explosions arent as fast as nitroglycerin-explosions, but that he himself isnt at the same speed as the explosions, by controlling the strength of the explosions he can control his own speed,

his explosions strength and direction are what he controls, how he controls it is with experience in how his body acts the moment the energy of the explosion is over, momo said how skillful he was by doing something with his inertia (at ch9 or 10 where the kids praised bakugou),

PS: the strength of the explosion doesnt affect the speed of it, a explosion of nitroglycerin is always the same speed but the scale is different...

@GreatestSin

The whole point of this thread is explosion speed. Explosion strength is irrelevant.

By fine-tuning the intensity of each explosion you're only proving my point further by showing that Bakugou can even make minute changes as needed.

So, should we return to the issue of upgrading the character speeds?

I'm in agreement with Repp and the whole nitroglycerine thing. Unless that fuel has variable explosion speed, then MHA gets the upgrade for me.

Who scales are the stronger ones in their class:

Todoroki

Deku (reactions only in base, combat speed in 5% mode imo)

Bakugou

Uraraka (reactions only?)

Probably birdhead hero guy but I don't remember him fighting Bakugou but he'd very likely fought someone in that list

The megane runner guy whose name eludes me (as he's supposed to be the fastest among them)

The pros who got the limelight like All Might, the old fart who can bounce at high speeds, Eraserhead...

The villains like AFO, muscle fiber guy, Stain, Shigaraki, Kurogiri, Noumu...

I don't remember anyone else.

Reppuzan said:
@GreatestSin
The whole point of this thread is explosion speed. Explosion strength is irrelevant.

By fine-tuning the intensity of each explosion you're only proving my point further by showing that Bakugou can even make minute changes as needed.
but that would only make bakugous attack speed HS+ and nothing more, it wouldnt even scale to anyone, bakugou himself isnt as fast as his explosions and the people who fought him only and always reacted to bakugou and not the explosions...

@GreatestSin I would appreciate if you immediately drop this issue, so we can get anywhere. Thank you.

As Gemmy said, those characters would scale as well as mobile and active members of 1-A like Tsuyu Asui and people who have actually taken Bakugou by surprise (like the guy who has processed meat as a Quirk).

Really, the only ones who wouldn't scale are characters that don't regularly fight like Mineta and Yuuga Aoyama.

Im agreeing with the upgrade, and i understand GreatestSins worries, but mostly because being able to react to something doesnt mean youre as fast as it (this happened too with the relativistic upgrade that Black Clover received),I also agree with gremmy, this would not apply to travel speed (we have at base that a speed centric hero, Tenya Iida, has subsonic travel speed)

I have a couple doubts, Im not sure shigaraki should be scaled, since Snipe would also be scaled, and he uses a gun, he shoot shigaraki several times in the villain invasion arc, and throught his quirk allows him to change the direction of his bullets, im unsure if it changes or augments the velocity up to mach 22, to be scalable.

@Nedoiko

Several characters with guns fight at speeds much higher than any realistic firearm. So I don't think it should discredit the notion.

For example, the entire Overwatch cast.

@Radical

I believe a showing has to be calced first. Perhaps my link of Uraraka dodging a point-blank explosion could work?

@Reppuzan You can message some calc group members about it. However, LordXcano has been overtaxed enough as it is, so do not burden him further. Tivanenk might be willing to help.

Well it may be that but also, his laptop died and such so he's unable to respond to anything anyways. So someone like Tivan will work. So yeah...

Hmm. In that case I will have to ask Antoniofer to finish the One-Punch Man calculation.

Seeing as mostly everybody is all for the upgrade what would be the best instance of the necessary feat to be calculated?

Well, I asked Kkapoios for a calc a while ago, but he was busy (and dealing with some important issues) and the scans I provided were apparently unsatisfactory for a calc.

I was told that this scan wasn't clear enough to judge distances.

Not sure if this one is good enough either.

A calc?

Is there any other feat?

Because i thought that scaling this feat to their reactions was pretty straightforward

Oh, I was under the impression that we'd need to show these characters dodging the explosions to get a number. But since Bakugou reacts to his own explosions constantly, I suppose we could add this to the major profiles if there are no objections.

As you said, there's already a lot of input

So, Bakugou and others would be change from "At least Subsonic" to "Hypersonic+"

And the top tiers... This is really close to High Hypersonic, so maybe "Likely High Hypersonic" for the top tiers?

Eh, there's a good amount of input. Unless we have to go do by our "standards of rating" here, i think we can make an exception of sorts (keyword "SORTS") to note this and just put it.

I was told that this would be applied to combat speed mostly, given that the heroes usually aren't being propelled at these speeds.

However, I would agree with making top heroes like All Might and Gran Torino High Hypersonic for this since they're much faster than Izuku or Bakugou.

@Gemmysaur

I think that would only be after he has a certain amount of time to run (since he can't hit his top speed until he has a running start and has only shown subsonic speed otherwise) or after he uses Recipro Burst. Either way, it's still notable.

Yeah, hence the 'Up to' part I added. Perhaps, Hypersonic+ combat speed with Up to Hypersonic+ running speed with enough acceleration?

Either of those examples could work.

All Might is without a doubt faster than Tenya, so he'd probably rated as At least Hypersonic+, possibly High Hypersonic

Why possibly?

The difference between this and High Hypersonic is x1.11 times, so I think that straight "High Hypersonic" (Or "Likely High Hypersonic", if you prefer) may be ok

Well, when you put it that way, it seems obvious. So from what I'm getting here:

Most Major Characters: At least Subsonic with Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed

Tenya: At least Subsonic normally with Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed, Can reach at least Hypersonic+ travel speed with enough acceleration

All Might, All For One, Grand Torino: High Hypersonic

Subsonic?

I thought that Subsonic came from the explosion thing, which we would upgrade now to Hypersonic+

┬┐:/?

Well in one of the more recent chapters All Might ran like 2 kilometers in like a minute and hes supposed to be the fastest guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back