• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moving a rotatable object

Ian2296

He/Him

How do I search the force that's reduced from the rotation mechanism? I already find the weight of the total room which is around 2652 kg, but that's clearly not the total weight he pushed since he's helped by the rotation force, so how do I find the exact force?

Last edited:
First find torque.
τ = m*(r^2)*α
m: Mass (kg)
r: Radius (m)
α: Angular Acceleration (Radians/s^2)

Convert to force.
F = τ/(r*sin(a))
τ: Torque (Nm)
r: Radius (m)
a: Angle (Radians)

Since he seems to push it perpendicular, the second step will simplify to F = τ/r
If you plug with previous equation, you'll simplify to F = mrα for your case.

Do I get the radius from the width of the room? (Distance from the front of the room to the back of the room)

That's prolly angular distance...
You need to derive acceleration out of it with help of time.
Angle moved during torque application= alpha(angular acceleration) ×t²
t=time duration of push
Since the motion starts from rest.

Back