• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most powerful Kaiju/Monster in movies ?

Smaug is the first to die. Not only is he the smallest by a long shot, he was by far the easiest to kill (as far as I know, those black arrows didn't have any magical properties). I don't know where that multi-city block rating for his durability came from, but either way, he's grossly outclassed by Godzilla and Slattern, who can shrug off nukes to the face (Slattern even had gaping wounds exposed to the blast). Honestly, this fight might as well not involve Smaug.

The Kraken is really tricky to gauge. On-screen, it didn't have much in the way of feats and was killed through petrification magic/hax rather than any quantifiable showing of power.

We might be able to get something for the Kraken from the movie's lore, though. Lore-wise, the Kraken helped defeat the Titans. The intro to Clash of the Titans (2010) specifically states that the Kraken was created to defeat "[Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades'] parents," which obviously includes Kronos. Looking at Kronos' page, I see it's stated that Kronos had the power to "scatter the Earth across the universe." If this can be scaled to the Kraken (for more than likely fighting Kronos at full power), that would mean the Kraken is strong enough to take on a legitimate planet-buster (plus other titans), which is far above anything Godzilla or Slattern ever faced.

Kronos is also listed in his article as having Class T lifting strength (trillions of kilograms = billions of metric tons) for making it out of the underworld to the surface, but I don't see a calc for that. I assume it comes from him smashing his way through a mountain from deep underground. If this is accurate, and if it can scale to the Kraken (the Kraken is purely a melee fighter, so it must have some level of comparable strength to Kronos just to keep up with him), that warrants an enormous strength advantage over the competition.

Unfortunately, this is partially in the realm of speculation, with the Kraken being only questionably Town Level from directly observable feats. Without taking the Titans lore at face value, this comes down to Godzilla vs. Slattern, and I would give the edge to Godzilla due to the tremendous size advantage (90,000 metric tons for Godzilla as opposed to 6,750 tons for Slattern). However, Gipsy Danger was able to casually lift a cargo ship, which I believe would weigh something on the order of tens of thousands of tons without cargo, with one hand, and Slattern was at least as strong as the jaeger, so that could help somewhat close the gap in strength for Slattern.

Still, Godzilla has the edge in size, better strength showings (shoving the almost-as-large female MUTO to the floor with one hand), and the range advantage thanks to his atomic breath. He also tanked a 15-Megaton nuke whereas the yield for Slattern's nuke is unknown to my knowledge (I think I read somewhere that the yield was around 1 Megaton, but I don't know where this number came from).

So, if we take the Clash of the Titans lore at face value, the Kraken wins. If not, Godzilla wins.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
Smaug is the first to die. Not only is he the smallest by a long shot, he was by far the easiest to kill (as far as I know, those black arrows didn't have any magical properties). I don't know where that multi-city block rating for his durability came from, but either way, he's grossly outclassed by Godzilla and Slattern, who can shrug off nukes to the face (Slattern even had gaping wounds exposed to the blast). Honestly, this fight might as well not involve Smaug.

The Kraken is really tricky to gauge. On-screen, it didn't have much in the way of feats and was killed through petrification magic/hax rather than any quantifiable showing of power.

We might be able to get something for the Kraken from the movie's lore, though. Lore-wise, the Kraken helped defeat the Titans. The intro to Clash of the Titans (2010) specifically states that the Kraken was created to defeat "[Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades'] parents," which obviously includes Kronos. Looking at Kronos' page, I see it's stated that Kronos had the power to "scatter the Earth across the universe." If this can be scaled to the Kraken (for more than likely fighting Kronos at full power), that would mean the Kraken is strong enough to take on a legitimate planet-buster (plus other titans), which is far above anything Godzilla or Slattern ever faced.

Kronos is also listed in his article as having Class T lifting strength (trillions of kilograms = billions of metric tons) for making it out of the underworld to the surface, but I don't see a calc for that. I assume it comes from him smashing his way through a mountain from deep underground. If this is accurate, and if it can scale to the Kraken (the Kraken is purely a melee fighter, so it must have some level of comparable strength to Kronos just to keep up with him), that warrants an enormous strength advantage over the competition.

Unfortunately, this is partially in the realm of speculation, with the Kraken being only questionably Town Level from directly observable feats. Without taking the Titans lore at face value, this comes down to Godzilla vs. Slattern, and I would give the edge to Godzilla due to the tremendous size advantage (90,000 metric tons for Godzilla as opposed to 6,750 tons for Slattern). However, Gipsy Danger was able to casually lift a cargo ship, which I believe would weigh something on the order of tens of thousands of tons without cargo, with one hand, and Slattern was at least as strong as the jaeger, so that could help somewhat close the gap in strength for Slattern.

Still, Godzilla has the edge in size, better strength showings (shoving the almost-as-large female MUTO to the floor with one hand), and the range advantage thanks to his atomic breath. He also tanked a 15-Megaton nuke whereas the yield for Slattern's nuke is unknown to my knowledge (I think I read somewhere that the yield was around 1 Megaton, but I don't know where this number came from).

So, if we take the Clash of the Titans lore at face value, the Kraken wins. If not, Godzilla wins.
Saturn (Kronos) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Kraken most likely

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
FanofRPGs said:
<Saturn (Kronos) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Kraken most likely
Why? It did its job, didn't it?

I am going by the real mythology, so it might be different (Io is Perseus's ancestor IRL IIRC)

In real mythology, he can brawl the Olympians to a standstill, whilst Perseus by his own power can brawl the Kraken, if this scaling applies to these moves, then the Kraken is a guppy in comparison to the Titans

My god, don't quote walls of texts.

Anyways, Zilla for now inb4 Planet level Kraken for reasons stated.

Godzilla got busy

FanofRPGs said:
I am going by the real mythology, so it might be different (Io is Perseus's ancestor IRL IIRC)
In real mythology, he can brawl the Olympians to a standstill, whilst Perseus by his own power can brawl the Kraken, if this scaling applies to these moves, then the Kraken is a guppy in comparison to the Titans

The topic specifically refers to the 2010 movie version, so we're going by the movie's lore and not real-world mythology. In the movie, the Kraken was created to fight titans and is powerful enough that even the gods fear it. Since it was so pivotal in the war effort, it should be on some comparable level to Kronos.

Back