• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

sunshine

He/Him
Let's face it, Mori more than likely does not have the Hax and abilities of the whole verse that gave him their power. They lent power and Mori borrowed it sure, and borrowed power literally is direct usage of the ability of the power of the one who sent it, but it all has gone into the cross. If we look back at the cross Mujin and everyone used the cross as a container of abilities, the cross can store power to be used later.
We have never seen Mori use the power of others, all of the used and shown power in the fight either came from Nirvana or Karma. To assume he can use every ability to his liking in the series would be headcanon, and further proof is needed to support that, I don't even know why this was accepted..

If anyone can give proof of why he can use the whole verse's abilities go ahead and do it, bc I have seen no justification of this so far.

Also, if I indeed get shown proof. Then the other part of this CRT is to do something with this "Nirvana" listing as everyone's powers. Like it does not come from Nirvana.
Here is a really well made explanation of why the whole power-lend and borrow thing is called Nirvana in the series bc it is (Ik):

I seriously do not think everyone's abilities should be listed as "Nirvana" in his profile.. that is not what Nirvana is, that post explains that Nirvana is said in the chapter as everyone lends him his power due to in the original Korean him being called "Boddhisatva" which is someone who helps other sentient beings attain Nirvana by staying in the physical realm willingly.

So whoever came up with naming Mori's verse abilities "Nirvana" did not understand this. Do you guys seriously think that's what Nirvana is..? IF he can use these abilities in the first place which Im waiting for justification of, then please fix this. Nirvana is not everyone's powers combined, but as consistently described: A state where you're free from all physical constraints of the Universe and its laws. (By Xuanzang too).

Last edited:
First and foremost, I don't entirely reject him being able to use everyone's abilities in the verse. I just need a good enough proof of it, not just "he probably can" that'd be headcanon.

But the Nirvana part on his profile in the abilities section need to be renamed to something like "Borrowed-Power" if he indeed has them. My point is why have an entire abilities section for him on something thats not entirely certain. Why not just name it "possibly everyone's abilities in the verse"like with Mujin having "possibly" on Satan's abilities

Ok…you remember WiFi that was presented in the series?

You know, the thing Mubong used to steal the borrowed powers of other people and use those powers for himself?

Yeah, that’s essentially what Mori is using. In fact, WiFi was the “mark of the beast” sign that led him to reach enlightenment in the first place. In fact, in the very image you’re posting of Mori with all the borrowed powers behind him, there’s a literal WiFi symbol that accompanies him in the very same image.

So yeah, we know for a fact that Mori is getting all the borrowed powers he’s absorbing because that’s exactly what happens when the WiFi system is used to absorb the borrowed powers of others.

Ok…you remember WiFi that was presented in the series?

You know, the thing Mubong used to steal the borrowed powers of other people and use those powers for himself?

Yeah, that’s essentially what Mori is using. In fact, WiFi was the “mark of the beast” sign that led him to reach enlightenment in the first place. In fact, in the very image you’re posting of Mori with all the borrowed powers behind him, there’s a literal WiFi symbol that accompanies him in the very same image.

So yeah, we know for a fact that Mori is getting all the borrowed powers he’s absorbing because that’s exactly what happens when the WiFi system is used to absorb the borrowed powers of others.
Yeah, I see why it's listed now. Thank you for clarifying, honestly as I said I didn't reject Mori having the verse's abilities entirely.
Now the only issue I have is why it's named "Nirvana"? Sure, you've shown me that thats what made Mori achieve Nirvana. But it wasnt  only that, there needed to be an entire prophecy to be done for him to fully reach Nirvana, not just everyone lending him their power via Wi-Fi which is the mark of the beast by the prophecy, there was the crimson wings, the son of man (Taejin) and the legion of demons, for him to achieve a balance between the worlds:
(Can't use other sources rn but I literally have statements of Mujin being "The balance of the worlds" which is ofc untrue to signify this, besides it is very obvious it's not just that)

So it's obviously not just the verse lending him their power that needed to come true in order for him to achieve Enlightement, so this section needs to be changed from just "Nirvana" as it'd bear a lot of confusion.

You remember this whole scene?

“Yeolban” translates to “Nirvana.”

It’s saying: “Mori’s first and final power is Nirvana.”

I do. But I still do not think that that "whole scene" is linking that the way he achieved it was entirely due to the characters in the verse lent him their power. As I said it was multiple things being at play that formed a prophecy, and the last thing of that prophecy was the "Blood Rain" aka the people lending him their power. But that still doesn't mean it was the only factor, I believe this to be an oversimplification and I think it should he fleshed out more and renamed to "Prophecy Fulfilled" under his profile or anything else than "Nirvana" bc that is NOT what Nirvana is and thus could bear huge misconception.

I do. But I still do not think that that "whole scene" is linking that the way he achieved it was entirely due to the characters in the verse lent him their power. As I said it was multiple things being at play that formed a prophecy, and the last thing of that prophecy was the "Blood Rain" aka the people lending him their power. But that still doesn't mean it was the only factor, I believe this to be an oversimplification and I think it should he fleshed out more and renamed to "Prophecy Fulfilled" under his profile or anything else than "Nirvana" bc that is NOT what Nirvana is and thus could bear huge misconception.
I misworded one thing here. I dont think it should be renamed to "Prophecy Fulfilled" or "Nirvana" actually, it should be smth like "Wi-Fi" "Mark of the Beast" or "Blood Rain" as the prophecy nor Nirvana is depicted as everyone's powers combined for reasons above

Last edited:
I misqorded one thing here. I dont think it should be renamed to "Prophecy Fulfilled" or "Nirvana" actually, it should be smth like "Wi-Fi" "Mark of the Beast" or "Blood Rain" as the prophecy nor Nirvana is depicted as everyone's powers combined for reasons above
There really isn’t the misconception you think there is. The narrator is quite literally saying Mori’s “borrowed power” (something he’s explicitly said he didn’t like to use in the series), is everyone else’s borrowed power being offered to him in order to beat someone that’s stronger than him. The realization he makes in order to reach enlightenment in the first place.

His power is everyone else’s hence his power is tied to enlightenment and hence his borrowed power is titled “Yeolban” or Nirvana. It’s not really a “misconception” because the narrator goes on a whole spiel about how everyone borrows and lends power to one another and that’s how Mori reached his “first and final power.”

There really isn’t the misconception you think there is. The narrator is quite literally saying Mori’s “borrowed power” (something he’s explicitly said he didn’t like to use in the series), is everyone else’s borrowed power being offered to him in order to beat someone that’s stronger than him. The realization he makes in order to reach enlightenment in the first place.

His power is everyone else’s hence his power is tied to enlightenment and hence his borrowed power is titled “Yeolban” or Nirvana. It’s not really a “misconception” because the narrator goes on a whole spiel about how everyone borrows and lends power to one another and that’s how Mori reached his “first and final power.”
There IS a misconception. Nirvana is not everyone's powers combined. And definitely not a borrowed power. Yeah, the narrator state's "Mori's borrowed power" which is the humans, gods, monsters etc. giving him their power via the Wi-Fi, but that is not what Nirvana is, do u know what u are saying? IF Nirvana would just be a borrowed power do u not think Mori would be borrowing it from them, meaning they have it?
Nirvana is definitely not a borrowed power, otherwise who would he be borrowing them from? The people who lent him their power?
The last post I sent talks about how Mori was both lending people Nirvana and borrowing it back from them. That being said, Xuanzang also confirms this, that with a little help people can reach Nirvana. Which is in-line with the whole Bodhisattva thing, and remains consistent.
But for Nirvana to merely be a borrowed power that in this case he would borrow from people would just be kinda shallow.

Nirvana is a state where one can reach full government over the realms and be free from all physical constraints of the Universe. It is not merely a borrowed power, it has been completely referred to as a state of liberation from the Universe itself, from the very start of the series:
goo-vs-sungcheoul-baek-who-wins-v0-7i2i4gjgokjb1.png

(Someone who has been reading about all religions and martial arts over the world from books, of course he didn't reach it, that's not what I'm implying with that, it's that even from the start of the series the creator implies very consistently for it to be a state of freedom from the Universe itself.)

Don't think Xuanzang and Mori attained Nirvana through a combination of in-verse power sharing, but rather the prophecy coming true. That's why I'm saying it's a misconception bc that wasn't the only thing that needed to come true. And it's definitelly not a "borrowed-power" but a title, not even multiple Supreme Gods (including Tathagata) was able to reach, but Mori and Xuanzang, becoming Absolute Supreme Gods.
So either change it to smth above or explain why it is called that bc this is not at all what Nirvana is. (merely a continuously borrowed and shared power)

Don't think Xuanzang and Mori attained Nirvana through a combination of in-verse power sharing, but rather the prophecy coming true
You’re overthinking things way too much here and causing problems yourself that don’t need to be there.

These things aren’t mutually exclusive, Nirvana can be both a combination of in verse power sharing and the prophecy coming true. Everyone sharing their power to Mori in the first place was the prophecy coming true which led to the true union between all the races that was spoken about in the prophecy.

Nirvana definitely is Mori’s borrowed power because it’s explicitly stated it’s his power in the series itself. And yes, he is in fact borrowing power from everyone, that’s why it’s literally stated in the series that Mori is asking for help from everyone.

Nirvana does mean Mori’s power, it just doesn’t only mean Mori’s borrowed power. You’re the one confusing these things, Nirvana can both simultaneously mean Mori’s borrowed power and the fulfillment of the prophecy at the same time because they go hand in hand. The mark of the beast was the WiFi that gathered the borrowed powers together, the son of man was generation X that transferred to Mori, and the rain of blood was the borrowed powers themselves coming to Mori. They all go hand in hand.

You believing it can only mean one or the other is what’s causing the problem here, but not the story itself.

I also don't necessarily agree the final borrowed power is the same as the state of Nirvana, BUT, it is called Nirvana at least once.
Worst case scenario we have 2 Nirvanas.
1. The Yeolban one which refers to the borrowed power.
2. The actual Nirvana which allows Mori to transcend and enter paradise.

Back