• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Demon Slayer Speed Revisions

So, through my review of the Demon Slayer verse, I have also found more issues with some of the speed calculations. Not necessarily that the math is wrong, just that they use Transonic speed for a fodder demon. All of these calculations utilize Transonic speed for fodder demons, and I have issues with it. I'll go through and explain my logic.

"Well, for the speed, I will use the average transonic speed, as common demons can blitz some demons slayers, and they are FTE for humans and common demon slayers can attack the same time as sound, so.."

Literally nowhere has it been shown that average demon slayers are FTE to humans. Nor has it been shown that average demon slayers can attack at the speed of sound. Kyogai can attack at the same speed of a drum, but that doesn't mean all of his attacks are as quick, and it definitely doesn't mean that fodder slayers can keep up with those attacks.

This calc has the same issue as well. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Ricsi-viragosi/Zanetsu_gotta_jump_fast

Why the hell are we using Transonic reactions for demons who don't scale to anyone and don't display such feats?

For all of these calculations, if the results were using Subsonic speed (which is a much more reasonable end, rather than assuming demons are 343 m/s due to being above fodder slayers), we would have better results. It would also make sense, since the demons are Superhuman by default.

If we use Subsonic speed and reactions for each of the calculations, one would end up with

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Ricsi-viragosi/Zanetsu_gotta_jump_fast This calc would go down from 3814.63415 m/s (Mach 11.12138236152) to 1073 m/s (Mach 3.13)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:M3X/Kimetsu_no_Yaiba:_Tanjirou_speed This calc would go down from 0.00005947521 seconds - Mach 50 or High Hypersonic reactions and 4136.17707277 m/s - Mach 12.16 down to 0.0005947521 seconds - Supersonic+ reactions and 413.6 m/s - Supersonic speed.

Because no matter how you put it, it simply doesn't have any logic behind making totally fodder demons Transonic, with many not displaying such feats, and it's even worse to assume fodder slayers are Subsonic.

For the demons in question, yes. Not necessarily so for more fodderish demons.

The Tongue Demon and Horn Demon are rivals to Kyogai:
0024-007.png
0024-008.png

The Spider Brother scales above them.

Tanjiro was healthier and faster against the Swamp Demon due to lack of fractured bones, but he still had trouble:
0024-016.png

In his injured state he is explicitly capable of supersonic movements per the anime:
Screenshot_2020-03-27_at_12.53.59_PM.png

Not portrayed.
0024-012.png

Though the anime is considered secondary canon due to author supervision. Per interview with the producer:
Gotōge-san is involved in checking over the scenarios, character designs, settings, and overall they are intimately involved in the anime adaptation process. I was in constant contact with Gotōge-san throughout production. They actually have a great deal of trust in ufotable, so it was less about requesting changes and more about giving them useful advice to make the best work possible. In my opinion, it was a great working relationship.

The anime can give new information, such as showing the Hashira meeting and discussion about the organization being understaffed with lesser training standards, and showing Fire Breathing's Third Form.

Though the anime is considered secondary canon due to author supervision. Per interview with the producer:
Gotōge-san is involved in checking over the scenarios, character designs, settings, and overall they are intimately involved in the anime adaptation process. I was in constant contact with Gotōge-san throughout production. They actually have a great deal of trust in ufotable, so it was less about requesting changes and more about giving them useful advice to make the best work possible. In my opinion, it was a great working relationship.

The anime can give new information, such as showing the Hashira meeting and discussion about the organization being understaffed with lesser training standards, and showing Fire Breathing's Third Form.
I don’t think we allow feats that don’t occur in the manga nonetheless. If the feat occurred and was expanded on it’d be a diff story, but it just get skipped over

We do assuming they do not contradict the primary canon, and there isn't really any contradiction here; sometimes the movement of air is visualized for the audience (ex. character breathing in before a technique) and sometimes it isn't.

The transonic shit is from an ex-lower Moon. You can't apply that to any random fodder demon without proof. Besides the fact that the fight that happened between the demons isn't even shown on screen and it is quite suspicious, since the two other demons are easily inferior to Inosuke and Zenitsu, while Tanjiro has a hard fight with Kyogai

From memory of an old Fairy Tail revision we can use anime for the following stuff:
  • If the anime is confirmed as a canon source in some capacity (such as the author saying it is)
  • The anime can be used for a timeframe as long as its not notably different from the source material
  • Feats from the anime exclusive scenes need to be taken on a case by case situation. But still can be used as long as you can establish the anime is canon with the manga.

Unless there’s another speed of sound feat in the manga, I’m not a fan of accepting something that only occurs in the anime, especially since the “transonic speed” is applied to every demon across the board

By the way, do we have any proof that Kyogai’s actual movements are as fast as a drum? I know when he hits his drum he can manipulate the mansion, but that doesn’t necessarily mean his movements are that fast

From memory of an old Fairy Tail revision we can use anime for the following stuff:
  • If the anime is confirmed as a canon source in some capacity (such as the author saying it is)
  • The anime can be used for a timeframe as long as its not notably different from the source material
  • Feats from the anime exclusive scenes need to be taken on a case by case situation. But still can be used as long as you can establish the anime is canon with the manga.
This also seems reasonable. If we accept the anime as secondary canon (Which we should, since its overseen by the author), The Calcs would still be useable without any changes.

wow, that's actually extremely well made and documented, nice analysis Felpe

altough i was mostly in the bleif that a healthy BOS tanjiro should be around supersonic due to casually dodging kyogai's transonic attacks in an extremely injured state

...yeah also this thread is like a year and a half old, idk if this is against the rules or not

seeing your analysis tho, space battles will be more to your liking, you should check it out

wow, that's actually extremely well made and documented, nice analysis Felpe

altough i was mostly in the bleif that a healthy BOS tanjiro should be around supersonic due to casually dodging kyogai's transonic attacks in an extremely injured state

...yeah also this thread is like a year and a half old, idk if this is against the rules or not

seeing your analysis tho, space battles will be more to your liking, you should check it out
Thanks a lot for the appreciation! It actually took me quite some time to make that analysis for Zenitsu's speed.
I'm also not really sure if BOS Tanjiro has transonic or SS combat speed, but he surely has transonic reactions. Maybe a calculation could help to get a better result, although that's kind of complicated to make.

I will probably check out Space Battles, thanks for the recommendation!
And by the way, I also made calculations for 2 other feats, one from Karaku and another one from Daki, in case you'd like to check them out too.

Back