• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moon in Naruto = 500 meters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Perhaps by the name of the thread you might think that I am a Naruto hater, but no. I haven't watched Naruto and never will. But I have a question. On one site, my friends and I discussed some things. And at one point, one of them sent this frame from the Naruto novel, where it is said that the diameter of the moon in Naruto is 500 meters. Here is the scan.

vLGHkuA10Ls.jpg

「つ' つ、月だア/」
窓の外' 直径五百メー卜ルほどの月が急降下してくる。

直径 - diameter

五 - Five

百 - Hundred

I thought it was very strange and perhaps a common mistake by the author, which he later forgot, but then I remembered something. I have not watched Naruto and I cannot prove this statement in any way, but I remember exactly that there was a moment in some movie where Toneri cuts the moon, against the general background of the moon, the distance between the two pieces of the moon seemed much larger. According to calculations, there was tens of kilometers distance between them.

BhSd-fjeH9I.jpg

But at close range, you can see that the distance between the two pieces is only 8 meters.

511sWty6yiw.jpg

People on Earth with a telescope could also notice this crack against the general background of the moon, although it is only 8 meters.

Is the Moon in Naruto really only 500 meters according to the author? Or have I been cruelly deceived?

I don't think they are talking about the actual moon, but I'm using Google translate so that may be why

You got to get that whole thing translated first, and the gap part is a simple inconsistency, it's impossible for the moon to be only 500 m in diameter, since it's visibly as big as the real moon and if it wasn't it would be too small to see.

^^
"
"It's the moon!
Outside the window, the moon, about 500 meters in diameter, comes plummeting down.
"Aaaaaaahhhh!"
There was a huge panic in the classroom. The next moment, the moon had fallen and the school building had collapsed.
I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not."

^^
"
"It's the moon!
Outside the window, the moon, about 500 meters in diameter, comes plummeting down.
"Aaaaaaahhhh!"
There was a huge panic in the classroom. The next moment, the moon had fallen and the school building had collapsed.
I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not."
Isin't this entire thing just a dream like purgy said?

Well, this was amusing, but it's probably high time I closed this.
The OP's question has been addressed, and as luck would have it, the Naruto moon wasn't downgraded to sub-mountain size. Hooray......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back