• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter Tiering Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieranH10

VS Battles
Retired
So recently I was snooping around the Monster Hunter verse looking through calcs and such and realised that Kushala Daoras calculation may be outdated.

The calc seems to be from before the Cloud Calculations page was even created, but this whole scenario is a little before my time on the wiki, so there's a pretty good chance i'm just missing something in that regard.

However, the calculation also uses the Horizon calculator, which, according to comments on this calculation, isn't used anymore...

So the calc needs changing, luckily I've gone and done it already with our current standards. Resulting in a low end of 7-A, and a high end just into 6-C.
So at best the low tier Elder Dragons are back to their 6-C days. At worst they're in Tier 7...

However obviously it's just the lower tiers affected by this, as higher tiers have their own calcs.
That's about it really... Just that the current Calc seems outdated. But hey I might be wrong, wouldn't I look great then...

Apologies. Things have been going very slow for MH on the wiki. If you want to ask about this I would recommend getting Bambu to comment on this thread as he was the one who made the calcs.

I'd say look for other feats, then. I know for a fact Hellblade Glavenus has the 6-C feat of turning a mountain to ash, but I can't recall anything else off the top of my head (I literally just woke up though, 'pologies).

No problem! How do you feel about the 6-C recalc being used?

There's also Ceadeus shaking Moga Island with it's strength, however iirc Shaking Islands is not Island level, but can still be noted as a relevant feat imo.

I do prefer the 20 km range because, yeah, it's a snowstorm, but its a snowstorm being dispersed, so it isn't limiting our visibility by the end of the feat.

Ok. Would you mind mentioning that on the blog whenever you get some time? Just so this can be applied when the thread concludes.
The calculation is currently not accepted so if this thread does conclude beforehand, we'd still need to wait for the calc to get accepted otherwise.

you right, one moment.

Bump.

@Bambu Just curious, where is that 6-C Hellblade Glavenus calc? I cant seem to find it.

It wasn't its own calc, IIRC, it was a standard calc. The hellblade statement was from one of the game that mentioned ashing a mountain, which is 6-C as seen here. It would need to at least be pulverized (though I'd personally lean in more with vaporization, but that's just me).

Bumpo...

Since this is essentially applying a now accepted calc, do you think this would be fine to apply?

Ok. I will get to it when I get some time. Thank you for helping out!
I suppose this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back