• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm gonna create a new one since the other one was old and both characters have been through upgrades and downgrades.

Both are High 5-A, anything higher is restricted.

G.O.H. Preliminaries Mori Dan and Oni Form Akuma is Used.

Monkey: 7(@SamanPatou, @azontr, @BEASTHEART880, @DemonicDude, @voiddustts, @CoreOfimBalance(COB), @Sir_Ovens )

84bd7d79fe553aeebdc283a084fa7a12.jpg

Oni:

b31459f23b1256dab2d0ba89b92a0106.jpg

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Mori Dan seems to outskill Oni, and he also comes with higher AP, even though not much, considering that the numbers are already close.

Oni's got higher LS, but Mori can maybe match with Yeoui, although I can't find a precise calc.

Both can pull off crazy acrobatics and environmental destruction (at least I think iirc for Mori, I'm not too knowledgeable), so I'd say neither of them would be hindered by this kind of battle.

Normally I'd say Mori would win because of his hax and skill, but Oni's trump card here is his insane stamina, which acts as a game changer.
His battle with Asura lasted a few hundred years, and the two were constantly clashing fists and exhanching clear blows on each other.

Unless Mori has ways to actually annihilate Oni for good, he's never going to take him down before he himself runs out of energy.

Is it in-character for him to do so?
Standard vs rules ceased to make the characters automatically willing to kill some time ago.

He's done so against characters he knows he can't put down through just beating the shit out of them.

Though, in the case he did so, it was because of their durability, though in this case it'd be a similar situation, just stamina instead of durability, so I see no reason why he wouldn't just put Yeoui into one of Oni's wounds and expand it from within him.

He's done so against characters he knows he can't put down through just beating the shit out of them.

Though, in the case he did so, it was because of their durability, though in this case it'd be a similar situation, just stamina instead of durability, so I see no reason why he wouldn't just put Yeoui into one of Oni's wounds and expand it from within him.
Then I vote Mori

Yes and no, basically it's the effect of the Shun Goku Satsu, if it lands, it applies death hax on you by exploiting your sins and makes you suffer proportionally to how much evil you are.

It would definitely kill Mori, as iirc he commited plenty of things that could be considered sins (and it almost worked on a boy scout like Gouken) but the attack has to land in the first place, and can even be countered and thus apparently nullified (at least Asura Akuma's, see here at 8.17).
I believe that stuff like that described by his Info Analysis, Anytical Prediction and Instinctive Reaction would allow him doing so.
His Technique Mimicry could also help him foil a second attempt.

Would it count if Mori's sins were mostly committed in a past life?

The only things I could consider sins done by Mori was in his very, very first life as Jaecheondaesong, where he was pretty much a tyrannical overlord that led his entire kingdom into poverty, starvation, and war on a constant basis. But that was like, an entire reincarnation ago. Mori now is basically an entire different person from when he was Jaecheondaesong.

Would it still work?

I honestly don't know how this applies to past lives, but even just killing someone counts as such.
Didn't you say he killed people by expanding Yeoi inside them?

Said people also tried to kill him first, and tried to kill people Mori cared about. So it was self-defense at worst.

I don't think murder by self-defense lifts you from such a sin, but we've never got a in-depth description of how the SGS works and what it takes into consideration and what not.

Imho, it would definitely work on Mori, but considering it can both be dodged and countered, I don't see it landing easily on someone like him.

Oni needs to reach you, grab you and begin the pummeling, that alone makes it possible to avoid the technique, as the real deal if either countering or surviving it once it lands.

I feel like the sins of Satsui no Hado thing is gonna work on Mori from how it sounds. Even disregarding the previous thing

That said that's Monkey mania FRA. Oni's not gonna hit that on him.

Back