• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Momoshiki infinite speed?

My friend used this on me and I still can’t debunk it. He said since momoshiki transcended death which we know death is instant an infinite speed is moving instantly. Also he said it’s common sense he uses speed because he has no teleportation

We don't give infinite speed to people who transcend time itself, without more context at least.

What makes you think we'd give infinite speed for transcending death? That is, at best, immortality type 5 and not a speed feat.

Then again, idk shit about the series, so if you could give more context, that would be appreciated.

When death hits you it’s instant and infinite speed is said to be instant tho
Death still isnt infinite speed, Death is a concept, eh, transcending death is at least a state of being or Immortality, also, ''Instant'' is too vague in ficiton, we don't give infinite speed to things that are ''instant'' without context

So basically for example I could just say that death is not infinite speed. That wouldn’t work and can be an assumption fallacy 12

According to the information I got momoshiki got sent all the way up in space then came just after, he was fast enough to transfer to his spirit and right when death hit him. And since death is instant he could be as fast as infinite speed

According to the information I got momoshiki got sent all the way up in space then came just after, he was fast enough to transfer to his spirit and right when death hit him. And since death is instant he could be as fast as infinite speed
Eh, thats not what happend, Momoshiki literally died, but Otsutsukis can revive if they put the Karma on humans, Momoshiki put Karma on Boruto =;

Then how did he place karma on boruto?
That's like asking how did Hagoromo give Naruto and Sasuke chakra even though he's dead.

He can appear as a ghost, or anything else, but saying "he transcended death" as the first choice is just, wrong

That's like asking how did Hagoromo give Naruto and Sasuke chakra even though he's dead.

He can appear as a ghost, or anything else, but saying "he transcended death" as the first choice is just, wrong
Can he even appear as a ghost, spirit etc.

This is outright wrong. Momoshiki carved the karma on boruto before dying. He never transcended death.

That’s like giving everybody who can reincarnate infinite speed.

This is outright wrong. Momoshiki carved the karma on boruto before dying. He never transcended death.

That’s like giving everybody who can reincarnate infinite speed.
Is there any like proof of him giving it to him before death

My friend used this on me and I still can’t debunk it. He said since momoshiki transcended death which we know death is instant an infinite speed is moving instantly. Also he said it’s common sense he uses speed because he has no teleportation
We need more context on that tho.

And transcending death is nowhere near Infinite speed in general.

Like a lot of people have pointed out in thread, transcending death doesn't equal to infinite speed. We don't even give character who transcended time itself infinite or immeasurable speed so what make your friend thinking that transcend death grant an infinite speed?

Neither Momo or hagaromo transcended death. Hagaromo himself said he was already dead. And basically did the same thing as momo. If momo truly transcend death he wouldn't need vessel to bring himself back to life.

Characters who actually transcend death are immortal can't die cuz they have no concept of death.

Characters who actually transcend death are immortal can't die cuz they have no concept of death.
That's extremely wrong
8bsIjr5.jpg

You didnt equate to naruto on ur comment, u said that the concept of death doesnt apply to immortal, which is blatant wrong, even if we ignore ID
That's what transcending death means. But some verse my operate on different logic. But the naruto verse has not shown this. What otsuski do is they die. Then their souls in plant a karam so they can resurrect themselves. The fact that they have to resurrect themselves means their dead and trying to come back to life. Their souls go to the pure land which where dead souls are. Which implies their still part of the life death cycle.

Someone who transcends death would transcend that cycle entirely. Like prime soul king for example he existed in a world with no concept of life or death

Back