• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor YuYuYu things

Yuna currently scales to mach 25, which is high hypersonic, not hypersonic+ (unless she downscales).

Surviving the black hole burned through her shield, which implies that a: it can defend against sustained attacks to an extent and b: she might not resist black holes without it.

Lastly, can we pick between "Yuna Yuki" and "Yuki Yuna"? It's annoying that the series and character have it the opposite way around.

If I recall, the novel says that not even the culmination of humanity's modern weaponry could threaten or reach the Vertex. If a value is at the border between the top of a tier and the bottom of another above it, is the bottom of the higher tier used?

In S2, the shield of the Heroes had been nerfed from S1. In S1, the shield was permanent and couldn't be depleted, whereas in S2 it had a gauge that could be depleted. The black hole feat happens in S2, where the black hole does indeed burn through Yuna's shield. I think your analysis is probably correct. With S2's system, Heroes resist black holes as long as their shield gauge isn't empty, while in S1 they would resist them at all times since the shield was permanent.

Regarding the names, "Yuki Yuna is a Hero" is the official English title of the series, so it's what's used. Since we generally follow western name order (First name, Last name) and Yuna is the first name, her name ends up as Yuna Yuki here. I personally think it's good to keep as is, since the characters in the story call her by her first name Yuna, not Yuki (plus, it also follows a piece of lore in the series called the "Yuna Factor").

I thought "Yuki" was her given name, my mistake.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, that can be adjusted easily on the profiles.

It's easy to confuse, since in Japan people are usually referred to as "Last Name, First Name", and that goes for characters as well, usually.

Back