• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor MLP Hax Addition

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
So...funny thing. I was coerced by some friends on Discord to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic from the very beginning. However, while doing so, I noticed something that should probably be noted.

In Season 2, Episode 11, Hearth's Warming Eve, it tells the story of the origins of Equestria, and highlights creatures called windigos, malicious wind spirits that causes freezing wind and blizzards wherever they go and feed on the hatred between ponies. However, once they discover the magic of friendship, one of the unicorns suddenly casts a spell that drove the windigos away and began to thaw the land.

Now, being able to interact with a spirit like a Windigo is blatantly Non-Physical Interaction in my eyes, which is something that is nowhere to be seen. Therefore, by pure logic, I believe that all unicorns and alicorns should be granted NPI due to this.

Now, being able to interact with a spirit like a Windigo is blatantly Non-Physical Interaction in my eyes, which is something that is nowhere to be seen. Therefore, by pure logic, I believe that all unicorns and alicorns should be granted NPI due to this.
Hey, nice. Hope you're enjoying the show, my man.

Anyways, hard agree with this. We see lesser Unicorns like Trixie display telekinetic control over rainbows, indicating Elemental NPI (Light isn't something you can exactly grab), and energy blasts from Celestia and Luna strike and stop at clouds as though they are physical objects. The best argument is this image right here.

unknown.png

Starlight isn't attacking Discord, just undoing a spell she cast on him. But what is important is the fact that her magic stops and hits him. You can clearly see the magic stop and hit his soul as though it is a physical object, I mean, just look at the magic sparking and flaring as it touches Discord, as if it's hitting something. So it seems magic can do both elemental and non-corporeal NPI.

Last edited:
Well, this seems to be generally accepted across the board. I think it's safe to apply this, then.

Is someone able to handle this? I would probably apply the changes myself, and it's not that I'm incapable of doing so. It's just that I really don't want to spoil myself on the show any more than I have to, since I'm watching it.

This is slightly off-topic, but since this was found on a rewatch, I figured I'd post something else I found when rewatching The Cutie Mark Chronicles.

To quote myself:
I wonder if sticking your hoof into a magic aura that turned your parents into inanimate objects and grew a baby dragon to the size of a building, completely unharmed qualifies for resistance to transfiguration?

Back