• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Ability Addition for Deku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Deku should have Social Influencing based on these reasons below. This is my first CRT, so go easy on me

So first we already know the infamous fight from Season 2 where Todoroki refused to use his left side because of ongoing conflict with Endeavor and his mother who had suffered years of abuse and neglect but even after all this Deku was able to persuade Todoroki into using his fire regardless of his childhood trauma, (2), (3), (4).

Then during the License Exam Arc Aizawa stated that both Deku and Bakugo infects the class with their passion and fevor also saying that "The very presence of those two raises the bar for the entire class" So just the very presence of Deku is able to influence his whole class motivating them to do better and to fight better.

Finally, we have Deku who fought the best long range sniper in the country Lady Nagant who was able to convince her to fight alongside with them even after her story about the corrupted hero association and society, (2), (3), (4).

So based on these reasons provided above I believe that Deku should have this ability, it's a very small change and won't have any controversy.

Agree: @Nierre @Mazdoesstuff @Therefir @GoldExPoints @XSOULOFCINDERX
Neutral: @Baken384
Disagree:

Last edited:
We kind of already agreed to not make any revisions to the profiles for many reasons. Either the arc/series ends, or that it gets far enough along that we can make changes. I'm not okay with giving free passes with somethings, and not others. Because then people are going to try and reason that their revision should be alright as well.

Best to just put all revisions on hold, like no one is going to die if something like this doesn't happen.

Also I completely despise this ability as any type of power, it only exist to feed people's ego for longer powers and ability lists. But that is a personal problem

Can you show exactly what are you gonna add as the justification for Social Influencing in his profile?

I disagree with with this. Deku was not the one that made todoroki use his fire side, rather it was shoto mother that made him use it. Deku was just lucky that he said similar words to what rei told shoto. The main reason shoto started using his fire and went to endeavour agency was because of the closure he was getting from his mom and family +friends.

Aizawa statement in license exam honestly doesn't make any sense either. When has bakugo presence affect the class? Literally what horikoshi made aizawa say is drastically different from what he portrayed. Deku was not the one that hype the class to get stronger, the situation they found themselves facing hype them to get stronger.

As for lady nagant, I do agree that deku was a partial influence on why nagant did what she did in this ongoing war arc, but that shouldn't be enough feat for deku getting social influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back