• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, what I did was entering /fill ~ ~ ~ ~6 ~6 ~6 sandstone, and then stand on the top of the resulting block, and enter /summon fireball ~ ~-3 ~ {Direction:[{0.0,0.0,0.0}]}.

GyroNutz said:
I summoned an immobile ghast and got it to fire at me. Once I had six distinct craters I set the difficulty to peaceful and counted how many blocks were destroyed by each fireball.
Using the highest result seems fine. Though I neglected to mention that Violent Fragmentation for sandstone has a range of values. Not entirely sure if there's a specific reason for the range, but using the average destruction value (75.08 J/cc) it gets a result of 0.1974 tons of tnt, which is still Small Building level+.
They're two different values because this wiki uses two different types of destructions for violent fragmentation. Using high end shear strength gives us 55.16 j/cc for sandstone, and using uniaxial compressive strength yields 95 j/cc.

So I guess rather than average, you could have a low end and high end. You could include the average as a mid-end if you wish.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

@Deathstroke is there a better one to use in this case? Otherwise I think the mid end would be fine.

Due to the forum move, gonna copy this to the Wayback Machine.

Unless someone can do that for me, because i'm currently having trouble

DaSmileKat said:
Well, what I did was entering /fill ~ ~ ~ ~6 ~6 ~6 sandstone, and then stand on the top of the resulting block, and enter /summon fireball ~ ~-3 ~ {Direction:[{0.0,0.0,0.0}]}.
Ah, I noticed that when I was testing Creeper explosions a while back. If you have the creeper explode when surrounded by blocks it's a much less powerful explosion. Probably due to the blast resistance of each block interfering with one another.

Not sure if we'd need to archive this page, since the calc's been accepted so I can just apply the stuff on this thread now.

Self destruction is AP, but it's a thing that's weird to scale out to everyone else especially when Creepers hit a lot harder with that than normal enemies.

>Thread during lockdown

I don't care about your reasons of "b-but I want to do it so we can apply it post-lockdown". Gimme one good reason to not close this.

Ant's saying stuff on the thread, so it's implicitly fine I guess

Well Ant's wrong. We're not allowing a thread revising an entire verse to be brute forced before the lockdown or else we'd be allowing many, many more of those.

The changes are valid. The blog this scales to won't be erased. There's no good reason to close it outside of saying discussion can wait, but discussion has already been happened. Granted, it won't be ported over, but frankly we can just... re-state opinion, then. I see no particular issue with having this thread.

I had changed Wolf, just forgot to change the tier. I felt like Llama, Sword and Axe needed more discussion, and that any nether mobs stay untouched as they aren't officially released yet. Good catches still

Don't really mind if this is closed, the reasons are still there. And frankly, these changes have been suggested on more than one occasion beforehand, but just died off.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well Ant's wrong. We're not allowing a thread revising an entire verse to be brute forced before the lockdown or else we'd be allowing many, many more of those.
If you're not happy because the thread won't be saved, we can always export or archive it as Ant has been mentioning over here.

No, the Evoker isn't comparable with the Vindicator. Although the Vindicator isn't very durable, it hits as hard as an iron golem, and can kill an Evoker in two hits.

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Ah.
Evoker should be downgraded too via being comparable to the Vindicator.
I downgraded his durability, but his only attack negates durability, so honestly he shouldn't even have a tier.

DaSmileKat said:
No, the Evoker isn't comparable with the Vindicator. Although the Vindicator isn't very durable, it hits as hard as an iron golem, and can kill an Evoker in two hits.
Then, why does it say that they are on the Evoker's profile?

If this is a simple change, the staff agree to it, and the justifications can be referenced, I suppose that it is probably fine, but I agree with Saikou's concerns that it is generally a very bad idea to start new major revisions at this point.

We can technically back up the content revision threads to the Wayback Machine Internet Archive and put links to them with brief accompanying descriptions in a news & announcements thread in the new forum, yes, but it is still very inconvenient to reference the information later.

Just a heads up, the Spider seemingly was not changed according to these results for some reason and remains at Building level.

Is some experienced member willing to apply any revisions that have been approved here?

Back