• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minato Profile Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinatoSparkle

He/Him
This isn't a particularly wild revision (like my other ones apparently were...), it's just touching stuff up that needs to be updated. First off, Mountain Level+ Minato. The 7-A+ calc was outdated and the new scaling for that level of characters is High 7-A (it was originally stated SM Naruto>Minato, but later KCM Naruto and even BM Naruto were compared to Minato so that has clearly been retconned).

Then SM Minato. He should be given 6-C due to being 10+x stronger than his Base state. Regardless of what calc is used to scale Minato it doesn't matter. Even using the weakest scaling for Minato, the old Kirin calc, 600 megatons x 10 = 6 gigatons = 6-C. PA Rasenshuriken = 1.56 Gigatons. 1.56 x 10 = 15.6 gigatons = 6-C. WA Rasenshuriken = 2.31 Gigatons. 2.31x 10 = 23.1 Gigatons = 6-C.

I also think adding more justification to his Alive stamina would be good. Something like this (though obviously it needs to be formalized quite a bit and maybe have scans added). "He used chakra to supress Kurama which even made him sweat from the exertion, used shunshin to grab Naruto, got stabbed in the foot by wood (not exactly about chakra levels, but him fighting fine after this wound without any signs of pain is sorta stamina related), used FTG 10 times. used FTG guiding thunder which he used to teleport a goddamn bijuudama which obviously took a lot of chakra, a rasengan, a contract seal that separated the strongest bijuu from Obito, summoned Gamabunta (as a reminder, P1 Naruto, with the chakra he can use to make 1000 clones, wasn't enough to summon Gamabunta and he needed to use Kurama's chakra to do it), transported him and Kurama away (Minato stated teleporting such a large object away would take a lot of chakra), and only after ALL of this did he show any visible signs of fatigue. He still managed to create a barrier around him, Kushina, and Kurama that apparently Kurama couldn't break out of and 57 year old Hiruzen couldn't break into (to remind you he was powerful enough to push Kurama out of the village with his nyoi staff), then Minato used the reaper death seal and after having Kurama's chakra loaded into him in a very tiring manner (given his expression) and being given a huge hole in his torso, he had the stamina to stay conscious and summon Gamatora and wait for Kushina to say her final words (all while a giant claw is still stuck in his torso). Then he was still able to use the eight signed seal, and what he died from wasn't chakra or blood loss, but just the reaper death seal."

And then there's this.
Hiraishin no Jutsu (Flying Thunder God Technique): A teleportation technique created by Minato Namikaze.
No. No he did not.

And that's about it. I would make some argument about how SM Minato is likely Island Level+ because SM>>>CS and thus is likely at least a 22x multiplier, but that's not how vsbw profiles work, so I'm not gonna go down that slope.

The Hirashin stuff I obviously agree with, and I do agree with 6-C Sage Minato. I don't think the Sage Naruto>Minato stuff is really retconed though.
Well based on the statement it seemed to mean Naruto surpassed Minato as an overall ninja, when that's very clearly false as based on Naruto's MHS+ compared to Minato's Rel rating, Naruto couldn't even touch Minato in a fight. Fukasaku also would logically know that Minato has SM given he probably trained him, so taking it at face value it means SM Naruto>SM Minato, which makes even less sense. And again, the narrative implications of kcm Naruto being compared to Minato and BM Naruto making Kakashi think of Minato makes it seem REALLY far fetched to say SM Naruto>Minato. And even if he has been surpassed, there isn't anything about him far surpassing Minato. So he should still scale to High 7-A (besides, isn't Ay supposed to be given High 7-A and thus Minato would get it that way).

Also what do you think about the stamina justification?

It doesn't have to be referring to everything, we don't know Fukusaku's knowledge on Minato's sage mode either iirc and we it could be referring to the just their sage mode mastery.
Well based on everything we know the only place you can learn toad sage mode is Mount Myoboku, so he must know about him.

I belive the statement is about how Naruto was better than Minato with the natural energy stuff, and not a strength comparasion.
Minato having SM wasn't a thing until the war arc. Otherwise he would've used it on the night of his death. Sure he wasn't experienced with it, but he could still do it in a second, so it would've been useful.

Dude why do you always disagree with people agreeing with you
Well the right scaling is more important than me liking someone agreeing with me
I think it's just Kishimoto didn't think he had SM yet, so I'd just take it as base Minato.
But again, SM Naruto's feats aren't on Minato's level. Minato thought the Obito he knew was a greater threat than Pain who is stronger than SM Naruto normally. Even while drained from the chaotic shinra tensei, Pain fought very well against Naruto, and while he didn't win until Naruto returned to Base, they still were relative at worst.

They weren't relative, Pain was not trying to kill Naruto, was drained, and Naruto was constantly being fed intel by Katsuyu, and still won. Wasn't Minato drained against Obito?

They weren't relative, Pain was not trying to kill Naruto, was drained, and Naruto was constantly being fed intel by Katsuyu, and still won. Wasn't Minato drained against Obito?
I'm saying at worst for Pain, he's more than likely superior. I'm just saying it's possible they're relative since Pain didn't defeat Naruto until Naruto ran out of SM. And anyways you're proving my point. Minato>Obito>Pain>SM Naruto, Minato>>>SM Naruto.

Bump, does a mod or something need to agree before I make changes or should I just do the really obvious SM and FTG revision now?

I believe there are some upcoming revisions for the Naruto verse that will encompass characters like Minato as well. So I'm not sure this is necessary at the moment.

I believe there are some upcoming revisions for the Naruto verse that will encompass characters like Minato as well. So I'm not sure this is necessary at the moment.
There's always upcoming revisions. I'd like to get this one out of the way cause at the moment a vs battle between him and Itachi is taking place, and as of now it's a 7-A+ vs a High 7-A.

And the SM and stamina stuff doesn't relate to any other characters anyways.

He only gave his agreement to the small changes.

My problem is that there are general issues with the scaling for characters in Naruto, and there is a planned revision to address them, so changes for Minato can be handled there.

Okay. Should we close this thread then?

You can post a link to the new thread here later.

Last edited:
My problem is that there are general issues with the scaling for characters in Naruto, and there is a planned revision to address them, so changes for Minato can be handled there.
alright but
There's always upcoming revisions. I'd like to get this one out of the way cause at the moment a vs battle between him and Itachi is taking place, and as of now it's a 7-A+ vs a High 7-A.

And the SM and stamina stuff doesn't relate to any other characters anyways.

Making the change might be fine for now since Sage Mode Minato is in a bit of a scaling vacuum so no other profiles will need to be updated, but Minato's profile itself will need fixing when the other profiles are fixed.

Making the change might be fine for now since Sage Mode Minato is in a bit of a scaling vacuum so no other profiles will need to be updated, but Minato's profile itself will need fixing when the other profiles are fixed.
shall I take that as a yes for 6-C SM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back