• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mileena vs Katarina

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Mileena Render PNG

Powers and Abilities
Tier: Low 7-C

Name:
Mileena

Origin: Mortal Kombat

Classification: Genetic Experiment/Clone of Kitana (Half Tarkatan/Half Edenian)

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1), Expert martial artist, Expert at using sais, Has sharp claws and teeth, Can charge her sais with purple flame-like energy, Teleportation

Attack Potency: Small Town level+ (Fought Kitana, Jade, Stryker, Kabal, Skarlet, Reiko and D'Vorah)

Speed: SuperHuman with Supersonic reflexes/reactions

Lifting Strength: Class 1

Striking Strength: Class TJ
(Can decapitate someone with a slap, comparable to Kintaro)

Durability: Small Town level+

Stamina:
Superhuman

Range: Melee range, several meters with projectiles

Standard Equipment: Her two sais

Intelligence: Above average; skilled combatant, sometimes acts quite childish though

Weaknesses: Mentally unstable, which was the reasoning for Kotal Kah leading a rebellion against her.

Notable Attacks/Techniques

• Sai Blast: Mileena throws two sais, charged with purple energy, at her opponent. It can be charged dealing more damage and can be performed in mid-air.
    • Sai Bursts: She fires one Sai at the opponent, and then the second Sai.
  • Teleport Drop: Mileena teleports and quickly hits her opponent from above with a jump kick.
    • Tricky Teleport: She teleports again and hits a second kick to the opponent from the other side.
  • Ball Roll: Mileena tucks into a ball and rolls toward her opponent knocking them off of their feet.
    • Smashing Roll: Mileena will leap up in a ball first and then roll into the opponent.
  • Leaping Neckbite: Mileena leaps onto her opponent's chest and begins eating away their face or neck. Also, if the opponent has a sai lodged in their neck before Mileena performs this move, she'll pull out the sai and stab them repeatedly.
    • Leaping Lunch: After Mileena finishes biting (or stabbing) the opponent, she will kick them away.
  • Femme Fatale: Mileena grabs hold of her opponent, and in an homage to her MKII Fatality, she rapidly stabs her opponent's torso with her sais, breaking their ribs and damaging their innards. She then knees them in the face, breaking their skull.
  • Let Us Dance: Mileena teleports and proceeds to kick the opponent three times before stabbing her sais into their ears. Then, she viciously takes a large bite at the opponent's forehead, completely breaking the part of the skull. Mileena proceeds by taking out of her sais and stabbing them in their eyes.
Katarina Splash 0

Never question my loyalty. You will never know what I endure for it.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C

Name:
Katarina Du Couteau, The Sinister Blade

Origin: League of Legends

Classification: Human, Head of House Du Couteau, PROJECT Initiate

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master knife wielder, Regenerationn (Mid-Low), Teleportation, Can lessen the effects of Regenerationn and Healing (via Death Lotus and Killer Instincts)

Attack Potency: Small Town level+ (Has fought on par with Gare multiple times, and can fight similarly powerful champions)

Speed: Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with champions like Kled and Gare as well as close range lightning/light-based attacks)

Lifting Strength: At least SuperHuman

Striking Strength:
Class TJ (Traded blows with Master Yi, Gare, and Rengar)

Durability: Small Town level+

Stamina:
Superhuman

Range: Extended melee to dozens of meters with daggers

Standard Equipment: Daggers

Intelligence: Relatively high (A highly proficient assassin and bladeswoman, able to match Garen blow for blow, credited as being one of the most skilled and deadliest blade masters in all of Valoran)

Weaknesses: Her spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes, she was able to use her Shunpo ability several times in rapid succession in the 'A Twist of Fate' cinematic)

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Basic Attack: Katarina slashes the opponent with her knives. Augmented by Killer Instincts.
  • Voracity: Whenever an enemy champion dies within 3 seconds of Katarina damaging them, her cooldowns are reduced by 15 seconds.
    • Daggers: Whenever Katarina touches a Dagger on the ground, she uses it to slash through all nearby enemies, dealing magic damage and reducing Shunpo's cooldown.
  • Bouncing Blade: Katarina throws a Dagger to the target enemy that bounces to up to 2 nearby unaffected enemies, dealing magic damage to each target. After bouncing to its targets, the Dagger then lands on the ground opposite from where it struck the first target. The Dagger always takes the same amount of time to land from the time it hits the first target.
  • Preparation: Katarina tosses a Dagger into the air at her current location, which lands after 1.5 seconds, and gains bonus movement speed that decays over 1.25 seconds.
  • Shunpo: Katarina blinks to the target location around the target unit or Dagger. If the target is an enemy, Katarina deals them magic damage. Otherwise, she deals the same magic damage to the nearest enemy in range.
  • Death Lotus: Katarina rapidly spins in place and channels for 2.5 seconds, throwing a dagger every 0.166 seconds to each nearby enemy champion, up to a maximum of 3 at a time, dealing them magic damage and applying Grievous Wounds for 3 seconds. Moving or reactivating Death Lotus immediately ends its effects.
  • Sinister Steel: Katarina whirls her daggers, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies. If Sinister Steel damages an enemy champion, she also gains bonus movement speed for 1 second.
  • Killer Instincts: Katarina empowers her next basic attack, either to have Bouncing Blade deal full damage to every target hit or applying them Grievous Wounds for a short duration. Katarina's abilities and basic attacks deal bonus damage, while she also gains stacking bonus attack speed on-hit each time she consecutively hits the same target.
The first of many LoL vs MK battles I have planned, so lets start off with the teleporting knife-wielders. In character, no prior knowledge or prep time, Speed Equalized. Who wins?

Mileena - 1

Katarina - 3

Inconclusive - 0

Honestly, they seem so equal in their powers that I can see either winning if they play their cards right. Based on their intelligence, though, Katarina is probably more skilled, and if she has Zhonya's Hourglass (seeing how its listed) I can see it coming in handy against Mileena's Leaping Neckbite and her fatalities (assuming they're usable outside of finishing an enemy off). Also, Katarina seems to have more range, so that's nice. I'd hand this to Katarina with difficulty.

Its listed in her Standard Equipment, so I'd assume so. I'd still give her the win because of intelligence and range.

I know it's listed in her items, but that item is not exactly "hers" per se. Any champion can use that item.

Its still in her Standard Equipment on her page. I agree that it probably shouldn't be there, but it would help her get the win and its there, so I included it in my reasoning.

Anyways, I don't think Kata is more skilled than Mileena given the fact that she's a Kitana clone. She however does have more range up close with her Sinister Steel and can strike in all around her.

If she has access to her items, then she takes this 7/10 due to Zhonya and healing herself with potions.

WeeklyBattles said:
No she doesnt have access to her in-game items, my bad, ive removed them
Then I'd switch to inconclusive until further opinions. They are almost identical in abilities.

How about removing equalized speed? Katarina is also more intelligent, so with two people roughly the same skill set, Kat would win with better patience and planning. Voting Kat.

^And MK characters have super levels of pain tolerance and vitality. That's always been the trade-off of MK vs street fighter matchups and the like. I guess I'm just horribly tired of equalized speed on these versus threads, and I've only been on these for a couple weeks lol. Though I am curious who you'd be putting Master Yi against. Totally up for Yi vs Kenshi.

Oh I wouldn't vote mileena regardless, but the main argument of a slower character winning is usually they can take more damage which MK does in spades over most series. Speed is an important stat(favorite superhero is Wally West so usually I'm hardcore arguing the speed dance around thing), but I'm just already tired of seeing nearly every fight equalize one of the more important factors of a fight. Heck, most slower characters have super high reactions that help equalize regardless(batman dodging omega beams, captain America's enhanced reactions, etc). As much as some fights would just be one dancing around someone, some series' main stat is speed and that just kills their purpose.

The difference between Speed and other stats is that the slower character normally stands no chance against the faster character if that is their only difference or even if they have hax. In this fight, they're so even that Katarina would have a hard fight going for her if speed is equalized, but Katarina's combat speed is literally 400 times faster than Mileena's at minimum, it wouldn't even be a fight. Also, the Flash even without speed equalized would probably up a fight against a lot of characters, even with speed equalized, since all he has to do is phase his hand through their head and pull their brain out.

Just going to restate this with more explanation to it, but I still vote Katarina with much difficulty if she doesn't have Zhonyas. She's described in her intelligence stat as "A highly proficient assassin and bladeswoman, able to match Garen blow for blow, credited as being one of the most skilled and deadliest blade masters in all of Valoran", which sounds much more impressive than Mileena's intelligence stat stating "skilled combatant, sometimes acts quite childish though". Also, the range advantage is still there.

Hmm, I guess I'm leaning towards Mileena now.

She's more agile than Kat, her fangs provide an extra weapon for fighting in close quarters (if Mileena has her mask on, Kat will get a surprise from it) and she's more skilled in h2h by using grabs, holds and breaking limbs.

She also can go intangible for quite some time, letting Kat's attacks go right through, reappearing again and striking her in the back.

Back