• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Midoriya Izuku's 1 000 000% Smash should be 8-B

Okay, this is more of a question on "why is it not" than a request to put it, but I still want to know why is Izuku's 1 000 000% Delaware Detroit Smash not 8-B and, if no good argument can be made, I request that it's made 8-B, baseline or higher.

As we know, Izuku's 100% prowess is ranked at High 8-C+ 1 000 000% is ranked at "Far Higher". However, as our "+" requires being at least half the baseline of the next tier, the biggest buff that could be given without getting to the next tier is one of two times, which is hardly "far higher". What we do know about the punch is that Izuku's punch went straight through Muscular's muscle fiber, a previously nigh-impenetrable barrier for his 100% Smashes and 100%'s lifting strength. He lifted and punched through him, as well as destroyed a few with just a flick. I also had something somewhere say that the author claimed it felt to him more like "1000%" which would give us a 10x boost to 8-B+ but can't find it now.

Shouldn't this be enough to at the very least cross the distance between tiers and put Izuku at a little above baseline 8-B, alongside with Muscular at the actual baseline? I can't see this punch doing less than that. Given his 100% Smash feat is of 6.889 Tons of TNT, all it takes is a mere 60% boost to get there. If you want to use the adrenaline boost theory of removing one's limiters, then if we have that people range from 65% to 80% of their full capacities when doing their bests, then that boost would range from 25% to 53.8% (and the average person scales to the latter scale). It isn't hard at all to imagine a Quirk squaring or just increasing that amplification and falling in 8-B range.

So, I believe Izuku's 1 000 000% Smash and Muscular's stat amped form should both be 8-B.

Therefir came out with some new calcs that could warrant some more upgrades. Two High 8-C calcs that would scale to most characters, including Deku. So if that goes through, 100% will be 8-B no matter what.

But if that doesn't get passed, I feel that 8-B via Delaware Detroit Smash is fine. Since the current calc 100% scales to is only 45% below 8-B to begin with.

Exactly. Such a small difference should really get an upgrade.

Btw, can you link me to those calcs?

Don't bump after 2 hours. Also we can't assume tier junos, even if it is a small one; because of an unquantifiable power increase. We already had this discussion with Terraria.

Assaltwaffle said:
Don't bump after 2 hours. Also we can't assume tier junos, even if it is a small one; because of an unquantifiable power increase. We already had this discussion with Terraria.
Shouldn't we be able to when it's a very small gap and it has been agreed on a "Far Higher"? And sorry for bumping too fast.

No, we can't. We have no idea where that new power puts the character. It could be a pretty mundane jump or a massive one; we don't know and have no way to know. Just trying to slap on a new tier for the sake of it isn't a good idea and sets a bad precedent.

Isn't there evidence that it isn't quite the mundane jump? I mean, one-hitting dude you struggled to damage isn't exactly a forty-percent deal, is it?

Well without feats we can't just got by scaling alone. The plot demanded he beat Muscular so he did. That's why power jumps need individual feats or they just use the "at least" prefix since there is no way to know what power level the character is at now.

"The plot demanded he beat Muscular so he did." That's like saying Natsu's not High 6-B because plot demanded he beat Acnologia

That's not what I meant. I meant that him "one-shotting Muscular" just means he I should unquantifiably superior towards him and that Muscular is unquantifiably superior to 100% Izuku.

We can't put a scale on this since it's all unquantifiable.

Izuku's 100% punch wasn't ineffective against Muscular. It damaged his muscle armor and knocked him back into the wall. Muscular even looked staggered when he emerged from his armor and complimented Izuku's attack.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Damage
Then that is even less of a reason that we should assume the Tier jump.
Exactly. I was agreeing with you.

Oh. I see. ;c

Damn, was hoping I could pit him against Killua. There should be a way to allow Izuku One For All Full Cowl 100% in "addable" versus threads. >.>

Mand21 said:
Oh. I see. ;c
Damn, was hoping I could pit him against Killua. There should be a way to allow Izuku One For All Full Cowl 100% in "addable" versus threads. >.>
As I said, those two High 8-C calcs could put 100% at 8-B. So 100% Deku vs Gon may be a thing.

Back