• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Midoriya Izuku with 100% Full Cowling takes on Gon Freecs!

This probably can't be added, but I'm doing it anyways.

Speed equalized, 8-B versus Gon's key that has 8-B at base. Eri is on his back, rapidly healing him from any wound that doesn't instantly kill him off. Deku is full of adrenaline in anticipation and thanks to the pain that this form shall cause him to feel, so he may use 1 000 000% in short bursts.

Izuku's 100% seems to be Baseline 8-B. Gon's 8-B scales from a 12 tons feat, so both have similar AP and Deku is slightly to somewhat smarter, has a greater stamina/endurance and around the same range ("several tens" to "tens or maybe hundreds").

Izuku has prior knowledge of Gon's abilities and a day to prepare. Gon has five minutes to prepare.

Shouldn't be a stomp. Fight.

One For All
One hundred percent, FULL COWLING!

Gonfreecsrageren
Gon prepares for the fight.

GOn gets my vote, he is way more smarter when it comes to combat, and leads with the big gap in experience between the two. GOn is more versatile when it comes to using his surroundings to catch his opponents in traps and along with his nen sensing he will always know where Deku will be at, and since Nen cant be equalized with quirks Deku is at a huge disadvantage. Gon can literally hide his pressence while taking notes of Deku. Gon can also make plans up on the fly using his own weakness if he has to. His nin defence will also be able to help alot with taking attacks from Deku but at the same time, he could potentially cause horrible pain to Deku if he even takes one of GOn's nen punches since Deku does not have Nen

Is Gon really more intelligent? He is sure a good planner and analyst, but without preparation time and prior knowledge of his opponent's abilities, he hasn't shown to be able to do quite a lot. Sure, he's a gifted strategist, but so is Deku. Gon is also not as smart as Killua, who I'd actually agree with you on being smarter than Deku (and overall better at pretty much everything, which is why I didn't choose him: the result would be obvious from the start).

Gon is literally more inteligent when it comes to fighting bro. Deku is not as smart as GOn someone who can outsmart Spiders, guys who have more experience than anyone Deku has faced. Gon has outsmarted Hisoka many times, Knucle who is a a Pro Hunter with a star i think. Gon has been shown to think more calmly then Killua alot and think of things that Killua does not. None of them are as smart as Kuripika tho. Comparing Gon to Killua doesnt really mean much when Killua is smarter than Deku and thatts fact. Also gon doesnt need any prep have you not seen what he can do against people like Hisoka in the middle of fights and people like ANts while being double teamed lol. Gon also is pratically a genius when he is angry and calm. He was able to tell the direction Meruem was in without ever meeting him and just by the words from Pouf and could tell he was lyning and knew that Pitou was trying to buy time. He is also able to tell the tricks apart that the butliers at Killuas house played. The butliers are all pros and trained well and this was before gon had any Nen.

This is kinda a stump when i think about how versatile Nen is tbh. Gon has a huge advantage in exp and is better at combat smarts and has the ap advantage

I have to disagree with you.

1. Gon never outsmarted any Phantom Troupe members. It took him and Killua together to make one movement beyond Nobunaga's predictions and run away from the troupe. Kurapika only outsmarted the dumbest Troupe member. They never outsmarted Knuckle, nor did anyone in the series outsmart Hisoka.

2. Killua is smarter than Deku, still not by any huge margin, and Gon is notably not as smart as Killua at all. All that happens is that Gon's simpler mind finds simple solutions and making Killua feel slightly dumb for a moment, but it's the "oh, I thought something too smart for a dumb problem and it ended up being dumb" type of feeling dumb. Killua is a much more brilliant mind.

3. Gon is great at reading people, that's true, and he has an AP advantage that I'm estimating to be of three or four times (not enough to warrant a plus, but powerscaled from being lower than low-end of the higher tier and thus being high-end of a tier with a 9x ratio), but being a good people reader doesn't help a lot against someone who is a quick thinker rather than a cold-blooded planner.

4. Gon doesn't get a lot of versatility from his type of Nen. Killua does and Deku vs Killua would definitely be a stomp for all these four reasons stacked together, but versatility and combat smarts are certainly not advantages against Deku, who can do pretty much anything Gon has ever shown to do. This doesn't get to be a stomp, and Deku's intelligence raises the difficulty of the fight.

yeah just keep my vote for GOn. He you should now the same advantages Killua has are the same Nen advantages GOn has who has trained as long as he has literally and even more some. Anyone trained in Nen has advantages over someone who doesnt have nen.

That's only true for inside the universe of Hunter X Hunter, really. Yeah, your vote in Gon can stay, you're not totally inconsistent, but you really gotta step up your game, bro. You say a lot of weird and wrong stuff pretty much every time we debate.

In this case, Nen having pure and simply "advantages" is basically because inside the universe of HxH being able to use Nen-based attacks allows you to violently fragment the bones of 9-C+ or baseline 9-B characters. It's more of a quantitative advantage. The versatility varies a lot from individual to individual.

Gon has been shown to know how to use the different applications of Nen thats the whole point. Zetsu, Gyo, Hatsu, and he can make his pressence disappear completely, find his opponent anywhere using a nen radar, and Nen also makes the attacks invisible to anyone who doesnt have Nen as well lol. Verse equalization doesnt fix that, thats what i meant when i said Gon have the advantage using Nen. He can fire off a Paper and Deku would just be looking at GOn stupid while moving in or gon could use any fist enchanced with Nen or Rock

Gon doesn't have assassination skills like Killua does, so he can't make full use of his stealth. Zetsu will only weaken him down to 9-B.

Nen's attacks being invisible is completely nullified by verse equalization. Go read the rules. I is a completely different matter, of course, but Gon has never been shown to use it, even less for that. The only invisible thing is I, but Aura, just like Stands and Bleach characters, can be seen.

Gon calls out his attacks, so Deku's intelligence would allow him to deduce it's an invisible attack and dodge, if Gon were to apply I to it.

A fist enhanced with Nen merely gives Gon his 8-B AP. Deku is a fast mover who relies on mobility and punishes mistakes, he isn't gonna allow Gon to stand by and charge his 8-A attack like that. No one with a brain would.

Like I said, you have a weird tendency to start saying stuff that's just too wrong. Barely anything you said so far was right.

bruh Gon literally made use of his stealth in the fight with Hisoka, and Genthru.

Gon's master stated you cant see aura without Gyo or having the nen nodes in your eyes awaken

deku would allow it if cant sense how strong the attack is, or see the attack, why does it feel like you tried to make Deku win this fight lol even tho he loses

Maybe you should like literally read or watch HXH. Even the latest chapters express the rules that you have to have awaken nen to see aura. You really think Deku is as fast as Gon with speed ang agility loL?? GOn could out pace Knuckly from behind a Paper and he didnt even see gon until he turned his head

Deku literally thought of a plan to get bakugo away from all for one who is a genius.

Not voting but I'm definitely disagreeing with the Gon is smarter than Midoriya part.

GOn isnt smarter irl but he is smarter when it comes to combat from having the experience and literally better feats, Deku outsmarting Bakugo back isnt really all that compared to what GOn can do in the middle of a fight while Deku saving bakugo wasnt in the middle of the fight since he had enough time to think of a plan while not fighitng lol. Different contexts bro.

He did it for literally one second in his actual fight against Hisoka, just to strike one blow.

You ca see Aura just by having the nen nodes awaken. Verse equalization basically considers that this first part is had by anyone who comes to fight them. You should really read on Verse Equalization and the SBA, because you're getting it extremely wrong. Gyo is only necessary for seeing through In.

Speed has been equalized on this fight, which means that mobility is a greater advantage than how many meters per second you can move. Mobility has to do with agility and maneuvering, which Deku learnt with Gran Torino ("Flowmotion") and uses as a fighting style with Full Cowling.

I'm not trying to make anyone win. I'm being forced to refute you because you're just too imprecise. I've read and watched Hunter X Hunter entirely twice and plan on doing it again. I am a huge fan with the series and have FCs with hatsu techniques I created and discussed on the Hunter X Hunter wikia forums. And I also know how this wiki works. You seemingly have only minimal knowledge on both and make a lot of misleaded statements.

Tell me how Deku is more agile than Gon?? GOn who is stated to naturally be agile from his childhood growing up in the wild. You maybe right about the verse equalization but thats literally it. GOn outclasses Deku in everything else including combat smarts and experience.

AstralKing7 said:
Tell me how Deku is more agile than Gon?? GOn who is stated to naturally be agile from his childhood growing up in the wild.
Gon is naturally agile, but talent does not equal professional technique. Deku has developed the mobility trick of Flowmotio, wherein a superhumanly fast and strong character jumps and darts around, fighting his enemy on a three-dimensional landscape by using using his speed to hop from ground to wall, wall to wall, wall to ground and such.

You maybe right about the verse equalization but thats literally it. Good to know you admited something. GOn outclasses Deku in everything else including combat smarts and experience. No said:
Deku literally thought of a plan to get bakugo away from all for one who is a genius.
Not voting but I'm definitely disagreeing with the Gon is smarter than Midoriya part.
Like Celestial Judge said. He doesn't. Gon is highly intelligent, but simple-minded and not nearly as gifted as Midoriya.

Gon is simple minded when it comes to real life and lacks common sense. And im out, when you said Gon doesnt have more experience than Deku i knew it was my time to leave. My vote still for gon

G
CJ gta sa
Found a pic of you in the internet.

on is more experienced. Just not more combat smart. Are you really going to treat me like an idiot FOR SOMETHING I NEVER SAID, WHILE DISTORTING WHAT I SAID ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE?
Oh, well, did I ever have hopes for you?

So, one vote for Gon. CJ, do you intend on voting?

Oh, well. This seems to completely bend things in Deku's favor, or is it just me?

I'm no longer counting AstralKing7's vote given his point of AP advantage (the only significant one, given Gon has never fought someone with a fighting style similar to Deku's as far as I know) has now been nulled. Is that okay if you guys? Also, I'd appreciate if you would vote.

Also Deku Full Cowl 100% is not precisely baseline 8-B, because he stomped a baseline character like Monster Chisaki.

Therefir said:
Also Deku Full Cowl 100% is not precisely baseline 8-B, because he stomped a baseline character like Monster Chisaki.
Hmm, that's a fair point as well. Wouldn't that also imply Muscular>Chisaki in terms of AP?

Yes, but in terms of durability, Monster Chisaki should be much more durable than Muscular.

Deku Full Cowl 100% should be able to stomp Muscular too.

Didn't he stomp him because he had the AP, but not the durability, and got blitzed? Doesn't seem to talk a lot about AP, just durab and Deku's sheer mobility and speed. All three could be close to baseline.

Deku's Full Cowl 100% should be superior to his normal 100% that's for sure.

True enough. Since we can't quantify that, I guess "similar AP" should do it.

Any votes?

Celestial Judge said:
Wait..what? All Might, All for One, and everyone else didn't even know Deku and the other kids were on the battlefield. Deku had prep time to think of a plan to get Bakugo out all because their presence has yet ben discovered by All for One.

It is the same thing with Gon able to steal Hisoka badge during the Exam stage. Gon's presence was hidden and he used it to his advantage to think of a plan.

Enryu The Red Tower said:
Wait, Gon could not just one-shot the Izuku with any blow? Since Izuku's durability is 8-C and Gon using Nen is usually 8-B and 8-A with Fully Charged: Jajanken Rock?
Not with Eri's rewind. Unless Deku gets instakilled, he'll most likely recover almost instantly. That's what makes his pairing up with Eri so dangerous.

Mr. Common Sense said:
Wait..what? All Might, All for One, and everyone else didn't even know Deku and the other kids were on the battlefield. Deku had prep time to think of a plan to get Bakugo out all because their presence has yet ben discovered by All for One.

It is the same thing with Gon able to steal Hisoka badge during the Exam stage. Gon's presence was hidden and he used it to his advantage to think of a plan.
That makes the two of them comparable, but I'd say Deku is a faster planner. He read the movements of that hero who shoots air from his feet.

Outside of combat I'd say Deku is smarter than Gon, but in combat the difference is likely negligible no matter who we give the edge to. Gon never seemed to get notably smarter over the series, so you can point to stuff like the floor trick vs. Hisoka, miscalling his attacks vs. the Chimera Ant general, and so on as evidence that he does have a good sense of battle tactics. I'm not aware of Deku pulling off any tactical feats noteworthy enough for me to consider him a tier above.

What makes the difference, then, is the prep time. Although it feels unfair imo, if we give Deku a full day of prep AND prior knowledge of Gon's abilities then Gon's going to be in a really tough spot.

If we give Deku prior knowledge and extra prep time I give this to Deku. If we give him prior knowledge but equal prep time I'd vote inconclusive. If we give him no prior knowledge and equal prep time I'd give this to Gon.

The battle parameters are really important here.

Huh. That's interesting. That would make your vote Gon's right now.

I'm going to keep the prep time to avoid Deku being argued as being stomped.

I can agree with Deku being a faster planner especially with Eri healing up Deku allowing him to just think quickly on the fly in combat, but one thing for certain. Gon is going to realize that the person Deku is carrying on his back is healing his wounds.

@Mand21

Where is the location of this fight? Gon is going to hide his presence to come up with a battle plan to get rid of Eri before getting rid of Deku.

SBA, it's on the Central Park.

And is Gon much of a planner? Truth is, Gon isn't dumb and like MCS is saying, he might notice Deku's healer during the fight, hide from both of them and use something to K.O or hitkill Eri in order to stop him from healing, then one-shoot because he's that much stronger and Deku would be forced to let his power fall down to 20%. It tends towards being a stomp if Deku doesn't have some leeway, since once Gon counters his basic trick there is nothing Izuku can do.

Well, I think I'm going to vote for Inconclusive or Gon High-Diff or Extreme-Diff, Gon can use the Jajanken on the ground to raise several huge stones and block the sight of the Izuku to get Eri off his back and or make her faint, taking one of the main advantages that is Eri's healing and thus being able to hit a highly concentrated hit Nen, who is not Jajanken, is only the Gon's Nen totally focused on his fist so he can hit the Izuku and can make a knockout, since Izuku's 8-C durability can not withstand a 8-B hit without being highly damaged serious or not be potentially one-shot, or there is simply a collision between their strongest techniques, as Izuku using 1,000,000% against Gon Jajanken making a huge explosion and both fall to the ground severely injured.

And about the time of preparation for Gon, he can also use this time to plan all sorts of ways to get Eri out of Izuku's back to win the fight. For example, he managed to prepare in a short time for a strategy to get Hisoka's nameplate that should be comparable to high-ranking members of the Hunters in intelligence, such as Knuckle, Kite, Morel, and Biscuit.

Back