• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Whats the AP values of these guys
Michael is 3990 J scaling from him surviving being hit by a police cruiser moving at 25 mph and further supported by him being able to crush skulls which is 3000-3900 J.
Steve scales to Jonathan who scales to this and from what I can see, Jonathan only got sent flying 1 or 2 meters at best so he's below Michael at around 775 J.

Michael is 3990 J scaling from him surviving being hit by a police cruiser moving at 25 mph and further supported by him being able to crush skulls which is 3000-3900 J.
Steve scales to Jonathan who scales to this and from what I can see, Jonathan only got sent flying 1 or 2 meters at best so he's below Michael at around 775 J.
I see.

Michael is 5x stronger here along with having a LS advantage (Athletic Human to Peak Human <120 - 1000 pounds>) so Michael is gonna be trashing around steve as if he was one of his known victims here rather easily..... Michael is gonna no sell most of, if not all Steve's attacks even with the baseball bat along with the guy having mag dumping pain tolerance and even Immortality Type 2....... Michael will easily overwhelm Steve and a single hit from his knife will probably kill Steve due to piercing damage and that massive AP advantage. The guy is also a stealth master who can vanish from the sight of others at close distances easy so he can stealth attack Steve. In all Michael takes this comfortably, and although they have similar stamina rating, Michael has far greater stamina feats so he'll eventually wear Steve out if steve decides to be a worm. Voting Masked Man

Oohh my. Ive just realized Steve can harm 9-B's 500x stronger than michael with his bat. Doesnt he just one shot michael with a good placed hit? Michael doesnt have significant combat skill to be dodging each and every attack from others and the guy is known for just taking attacks as he knows he can survive.... if he doesnt have prior knowledge of the bat then its pretty much a stomp in Steve's favour because the amount of Pain Tolerance and Immo 2 can keep u from getting plasted by attacks 500x your durability. No more voting for michael.

I'm with Fallen Angelicx, Steve has basically no advantage and falls short on any relevant aspect in comparison.

Oohh my. Ive just realized Steve can harm 9-B's 500x stronger than michael with his bat. Doesnt he just one shot michael with a good placed hit? Michael doesnt have significant combat skill to be dodging each and every attack from others and the guy is known for just taking attacks as he knows he can survive.... if he doesnt have prior knowledge of the bat then its pretty much a stomp in Steve's favour because the amount of Pain Tolerance and Immo 2 can keep u from getting plasted by attacks 500x your durability. No more voting for michael.
That's too generous, he just staggered it by swinging his bat at his head, a sensible spot, and didn't inflict any minimum damage, he didn't showcase nearly the same or even comparable levels of force. At most he's going to knock the wind out of Michael more than normal, but his resilience compensate well. He might as well be able to strike first or parry the blow, Michael's profile shows he's more than capable of doing that.

That's too generous, he just staggered it by swinging his bat at his head, a sensible spot, and didn't inflict any minimum damage, he didn't showcase nearly the same or even comparable levels of force. At most he's going to knock the wind out of Michael more than normal, but his resilience compensate well.
Idk man. An attack 500x stronger than you would be similar to a regular guy getting hit by a truck going full speed. Wouldnt Michael literally get decacipated or something similar to that, anywhere he's hit is gonna get turned to red mush real fast. Since he hasnt took an attack of comparable force, it makes it even more inconclusive if he can even remotely survive a intitial hit.

He might as well be able to strike first or parry the blow, Michael's profile shows he's more than capable of doing that.
True, Michael tends to be amazingly smart in combat, using foreign techniques to kill people lol but idk if he has that 'ayanokoji skill' that lets him dodge each and every attack so he'd eventually get hit or rather;

the guy is known for just taking attacks as he knows he can survive effortlessly.... if he doesnt have prior knowledge of the bat then its pretty much a stomp in Steve's favour
He needs prior knowledge of the bat before we can even think he's able to dodge the swings effortlessly.

Idk man. An attack 500x stronger than you would be similar to a regular guy getting hit by a truck going full speed. Wouldnt Michael literally get decacipated or something similar to that, anywhere he's hit is gonna get turned to red mush real fast. Since he hasnt took an attack of comparable force, it makes it even more inconclusive if he can even remotely survive a intitial hit.
The thing is Steve's bat doesn't hit with 500x force, that's just absurd and it's not even accepted by his profile, given that's "higher" and not straight up "9-B".
He smashed the Demogorgon, making it fall back a little, but didn't cause any relevant damage. He's also consistently portrayed as weaker and none of them would stand a chance in a 1v1 against that thing.

Steve did precisely zero damage to the Demogorgon. If I can somehow push back Mike Tyson without doing any damage to him, does that mean I can punch with the force of 1600 J? Of course not.

The thing is Steve's bat doesn't hit with 500x force, that's just absurd and it's not even accepted by his profile, given that's "higher" and not straight up "9-B".
He smashed the Demogorgon, making it fall back a little, but didn't cause any relevant damage. He's also consistently portrayed as weaker and none of them would stand a chance in a 1v1 against that thing.
I thought the whole purpose "higher" was there was for him to scale to 9-B from harming a 9-B with his weapon.... even if the bat didnt significantly 'harm' the demo, to make a character hundreds of times over your statatics fall back with your weapon should still scale u to them similarly how sending a human or someone comparable to u flying even a little with a hit would be 9-C/scale u to them even if they were'nt hurt much. And if that same weapon pushed back a 9-B, imagine what it would do to someone in the same tier as steve...... its alot to take in..... and i mean if he's weaker than the demos that'd be obvious as he could only remotely parr them with weaponry.... hence why he'd only scale to a certain level WITH weaponry.

Steve did precisely zero damage to the Demogorgon. If I can somehow push back Mike Tyson without doing any damage to him, does that mean I can punch with the force of 1600 J? Of course not.
Then why is it even linked there in the first place? What's the objective of putting the demo stuff if he doesnt scale to them. Also i dont know about stranger so i dont even know about the context of that feat

I thought the whole purpose "higher" was there was for him to scale to 9-B from harming a 9-B with his weapon.... even if the bat didnt significantly 'harm' the demo, to make a character hundreds of times over your statatics fall back with your weapon should still scale u to them similarly how sending a human or someone comparable to u flying even a little with a hit would be 9-C/scale u to them even if they were'nt hurt much. And if that same weapon pushed back a 9-B, imagine what it would do to someone in the same tier as steve...... its alot to take in..... and i mean if he's weaker than the demos that'd be obvious as he could only remotely parr them with weaponry.... hence why he'd only scale to a certain level WITH weaponry.
If the bat is 9-B, the profile would have just straight up listed as such, especially since the Demogorgon's AP is over 1 MJ.

If the bat is 9-B, the profile would have just straight up listed as such, especially since the Demogorgon's AP is over 1 MJ.
Then it just scales to a regular bat then? Alr. It still linking a demogorgon is still weird as it'll have people think the bat is 9-B for doing something to it even if isnt listed as 9-B.

No, Higher is used when a character can exert superior levels of force than normal but to an unquantifiable degree, such as dealing slight damage to stronger characters. You also have to account for a little of PiS and the fact fiction isn't math, here the authors' intent was clearly to have Steve do something but in this and in any other instance he's just harmless against the gorgon.

Then it just scales to a regular bat then? Alr. It still linking a demogorgon is still weird as it'll have people think the bat is 9-B for doing something to it even if isnt listed as 9-B.
It's related to the fact that fiction usually doesn't portray the real world in a realistic manner, thus sometimes you need to accomodate between logic (Steve being a normal ass human) and the inconsistencies shown by the media, in this case the Demogorgon's super strength.

No, Higher is used when a character can exert superior levels of force than normal but to an unquantifiable degree, such as dealing slight damage to stronger characters. You also have to account for a little of PiS and the fact fiction isn't math, here the authors' intent was clearly to have Steve do something but in this and in any other instance he's just harmless against the gorgon.
I see
I still think yall should add a note that the bat isnt 9-B but scales 'higher' despite the rating being there. Its gonna have people confused.

The bat should probably be at least over 1000 J according to its profile since Steve is swinging it at baseline Superhuman speed.

The bat should probably be at least over 1000 J according to its profile since Steve is swinging it at baseline Superhuman speed.
What exact value does michael scale to btw? Its hard navigating the calculation blog with all that info on those tables

Not really, because that would represent a sort of Calc Stacking I rekon. I get the Demogorgon doesn't have a speed calc and goes by a generic superhuman, but I believe that even using baseline levels would go against our policies for accuracy.

What exact value does michael scale to btw? Its hard navigating the calculation blog with all that info on those tables
1613-1722 J since oak is the most common material for wooden doors. I'll be voting Mr. Halloween for your reasons if it's not a stomp. The bat being able to stagger the Demogorgon should reduce the AP gap and so Michael wins through stealth and much higher stamina.

Last edited:
Michael has superior AP (around 2.1x) LS (around 4x) and he’s likely smarter too. Steve is more skilled with weapons and is a more capable fighter in combat. I’m voting for Michael, but it’s prob not a stomp.

Back