• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Michael Myers novelization feats

From the novelization of Halloween 2, Myers strikes FTE even in slow mo. Further justifies his subsonic rating for the Thorn timeline, and it should upgrade his H20 counterpart to superhuman

8699639-45a8926a-5774-400e-b0dd-b3a70bf30bb2.jpeg

From the Halloween Kills novelization:
Myers is stated to have inhuman speed
"Cameron heard a soft creaking noise. He lowered his head, turned, saw the closet door open, and then Michael Myers was coming at him, moving with inhuman speed." - pg. 293

It's revealed that Allyson had pulled the trigger before Myers had moved in this scene
"She approached Michael, aimed the shotgun, tightened her finger on the trigger... Michael wasn't facing her, but somehow he was aware of her presence. Still holding onto Cameron's throat with one hand, he spun around and knocked the shotgun out of Allyson's grip with the other. The weapon fired, but the pellets struck the wall, leaving Michael unharmed." - pg. 293

He's called a "blur" and "whirlwind" while killing the mob
"Now it is the Shape's turn to become a blur of motion. He moves through the crowd like a whirlwind of death, killing his attackers with their own weapons, felling them one by one." - pg. 305

Not a Myers feat, but he should be able to replicate in his prime. Corey dodges a bullet. This might be teleportation as Halloween Kills novelization implies at one point
"He turned and ran like hell. His right foot came down on a divot in the sidewalk, his ankle rolled, he lost balance, and he fell forward. He lost his grip on his bag of candy and it went flying. He was able to get his hands out in front of him to protect himself, but he still hit hard, and the breath was driven from his lungs. The tender flesh of his palms hurt, too, and he wondered if they were bleeding. Gasping for air, he rolled over and was shocked to see the man in the mask was standing over him. He hadn't heard him run. It was like the man had teleported from one place to another in the blink of an eye." - pg. 31-32

2018-Kills Myers should have the same speed as his Thorn counterpart

how high would the camera part of the statement get, i feel like thats more than subsonic
24-30 fps were common higher-end camera framerates. 24 being the average for movies and stuff iirc. But if you mean any camera that it can range from like 8-60 depending on what you were going for.
It's revealed that Allyson had pulled the trigger before Myers had moved
That doesn't show she pulled the trigger. Just tightened her grip on it. The action of him throwing the gun is what caused it to fire.
He's called a "blur" and "whirlwind" while killing the mob
The description is fine, but being a blur of motion or movement doesn't mean superhuman speed or anything. The people in the crowd were able to track Michael and everything, they just couldn't keep up with his physicals.
This might be teleportation as Halloween Kills novelization implies at one point
Green Myers has to many instances of dumb stealth. Someone not hearing him move wouldn't mean teleportation more so than Myer's just being quite in my view.

That doesn't show she pulled the trigger. Just tightened her grip on it. The action of him throwing the gun is what caused it to fire.
I don't see she would simply be tightening her grip there. She had already taken aim at him and her boyfriend was about to die. She had no reason to not pull the trigger (which could still be described as "tightening").
The description is fine, but being a blur of motion or movement doesn't mean superhuman speed or anything. The people in the crowd were able to track Michael and everything, they just couldn't keep up with his physicals.
I don't think him not being fully FTE means its not superhuman speed. Humans can easily track cars, cheetahs, etc. And the novel specifies that it was his speed that won the fight and not just him powering through them with physicals.
Green Myers has to many instances of dumb stealth. Someone not hearing him move wouldn't mean teleportation more so than Myer's just being quite in my view.
That's true. I just added that in there as a possible alternative to speed since you don't see Corey move in the scan and teleportation as a power is commonly attributed to slasher villains

I don't see she would simply be tightening her grip there.
Because it says she tightened her grip, she did not pull it. You can tighten or press in s trigger without firing the gun.

don't think him not being fully FTE means its not superhuman speed.
He's likely superhuman, i just wanted to point out that blur of movement is something we use to describe real people and animals.

Is that really Corey dodging a bullet? I really don't like that feat. It doesn't feel like one. Could the distance and the fact the man intercepted the bullet make it much less impressive even if it was a dodge?

Is that really Corey dodging a bullet? I really don't like that feat. It doesn't feel like one. Could the distance and the fact the man intercepted the bullet make it much less impressive even if it was a dodge?
Why don’t you like the feat? Why doesn’t it feel like a real feat?

Is that really Corey dodging a bullet?
I'm not 100% sure. I think the Ronald intercepted the bullet.
Terry ran toward Ronald and the truck, glancing over his shoulder to make sure he wasn’t being followed. Then he saw the monster in the pale gray mask lit by the tow truck’s headlights, staring in his direction.

Terry stopped and raised the scope to his eye. He lined him up in the crosshairs. His nervousness gave way to adrenaline. “I got you now, you ******’ psycho,” Terry declared.

Ronald turned back and saw Terry aiming the gun at Corey. He jumped up to stop him—“No! Wait!” KA-BOOM!

Terry blew a hole through Ronald’s head. Blood splattered across the truck and covered Margo. “Oh ****,” Terry whimpered, terrified by what he’d done. “Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.” Ronald fell back, revealing that the psycho had disappeared. Terry stood, momentarily frozen in shock. His eyes glued to where he’d just seen Corey standing
So I would say it's closer to a person missing than it is Corey dodging a shot.

he shot straight in Corey’s direction.
He took aim at Corey, but before he shot Ronald stood up and tried to stop him. By doing so he was accidentally shot in the head.

Then when he fell Corey was gone. Corey doesn't need to dodge the bullet to avoid being hit, Ronald took the bullet for him.

He took aim at Corey, but before he shot Ronald stood up and tried to stop him. By doing so he was accidentally shot in the head.

Then when he fell Corey was gone. Corey doesn't need to dodge the bullet to avoid being hit, Ronald took the bullet for him.
The bullet still pierced his skull completely tho…or maybe I need to rewatch the scene

The bullet still pierced his skull completely tho
It went through him, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have tumbled away or anything. Its just a weird scene all around and I get the other user not agreeing that its bullet timing.

It went through him, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have tumbled away or anything. Its just a weird scene all around and I get the other user not agreeing that its bullet timing.
I don’t really think piercing the skull would of made it tumble though, if so then that’s a pretty weak gunshot lol.

That camera statement is FAR above subsonic.

Even by the 70s there were cameras that could capture lightning in extreme slow motion.

And yet it was plainly stated no camera could have captured Michael's attack sequence even in slow mo.

That camera statement is FAR above subsonic.

Even by the 70s there were cameras that could capture lightning in extreme slow motion.

And yet it was plainly stated no camera could have captured Michael's attack sequence even in slow mo.
What types of cameras could perceive lightning?

Michael Myers is tagged by bullets consistently and plenty of fodder humans of capable of tagging him. He's no MHS+ or anything like that. If anything it's just an indication of the line being hyperbolic.

Michael Myers is tagged by bullets consistently and plenty of fodder humans of capable of tagging him. He's no MHS+ or anything like that. If anything it's just an indication of the line being hyperbolic.
He dodged a gunshot in H4, also according to the novelization can disappear within blinks, the script of H2 apparently describes him as moving at the speed of lightning, and in H6 he has a similar feat where he disappears and reappears when lightning strikes, I personally also thought it would be outlier but I mean, there’s already 3 feats backing it up.

Even canon Michael has similar feats.

and what humans have tagged him? Maybe busts rhymes or Laurie but all of those are trained people.

He dodged a gunshot in H4,
Which is subsonic and nowhere near MHS+

according to the novelization can disappear within blinks
We've seen that before in the films. You don't need to he MHS+ for that.

describes him as moving at the speed of lightning
Moving as fast as lightning is one of the most common hyperbolic speed descriptions to have ever existed. Just because a script (and not even a film or novel) uses that doesn't mean that Myers is MHS+

H6 he has a similar feat where he disappears and reappears when lightning strikes,
You don't need lightning speed for that, especially when he's generally stealthy and was just moving when it was dark.

Even canon Michael has similar feats.
No Halloween film is non-canon.

and what humans have tagged him?
In every single movie people outrun him, strike him, shoot him or avoid him.
Maybe busts rhymes or Laurie but all of those are trained people.
I don't want to be that guy, but jo form of training will make someone mach 1200

Which is subsonic and nowhere near MHS+

We've seen that before in the films. You don't need to he MHS+ for that.

Moving as fast as lightning is one of the most common hyperbolic speed descriptions to have ever existed. Just because a script (and not even a film or novel) uses that doesn't mean that Myers is MHS+

You don't need lightning speed for that, especially when he's generally stealthy and was just moving when it was dark.

No Halloween film is non-canon.

In every single movie people outrun him, strike him, shoot him or avoid him.

I don't want to be that guy, but jo form of training will make someone mach 1200
Never did I imply it was MHS+, I simply debunked your point of him not being able to avoid gunshots

and so once again the whole point was to debunk the fallacy you’ve stated about him being tackled down by normal humans, implying he doesn’t surpass athletic when, in fact, he’s superhuman or subsonic in most cases.

“not even a film or novel” Halloween 6 and the Halloween 2 novelization must of been all in my imagination.

Please explain to me how being stealthy somehow makes you capable of appearing, disappearing and reappearing multiple times in less than a second when thunder strikes, I even turned up the brightness for the times the frames became dark, and yet there was no trace of Michael, but then a frame after he’s suddenly there again, and the same thing occurs. So yeah, him being possibly MHS+ is not only something included in the script, but also in the novels and in the most blatant cases, in the films, so I think it goes further than just hyperbole when it is even included in the main material, unless somehow scenes can count as hyperbole?

There are different Halloween timelines bud

In every single movie? Like how in HK he disappears quickly after literally standing right in front of Lonnie? Like how he disappears from an alley in a short time? Like how he’s described as moving so fast it almost seems like he teleported? Like how he evaded a gunshot after the weapon already fired? Like how he disappears within blinks, keeps up with motorcycles in motion, and is even described as a blur sometimes, attacking at superhuman speeds? If people have somehow been able to attack him it is purely because of plot.

Never did I imply it was MHS+
the script of H2 apparently describes him as moving at the speed of lightning, and in H6 he has a similar feat where he disappears and reappears when lightning strikes, I personally also thought it would be outlier but I mean, there’s already 3 feats backing it up.
hmmm
and so once again the whole point was to debunk the fallacy you’ve stated about him being tackled down by normal humans,
See that's not a fallacy. Because that has happened multiple times: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

A fallacy would be a mistaken belief or having an unsound argument, saying "Multiple totally normal people have hit Michael in all timelines" is something demonstrably provable.
“not even a film or novel” Halloween 6 and the Halloween 2 novelization must of been all in my imagination.
I see that you didn't fully read my comment there:
I was talking specifically about the script source since I mentioned both the films and novels afterward. The script is bad to use because scripts will always have wild descriptors to help the director get the idea of the scene down.
Please explain to me how being stealthy somehow makes you capable of appearing, disappearing and reappearing multiple times in less than a second when thunder strikes
Michael is listed with stealth mastery in all mediums and has the ability to easily hide from sight. Combined with subsonic speed he would be able to replicate everything you mentioned without being mach 1200
There are different Halloween timelines bud
Yes, but there's no "Canon" Halloween timeline since they're all canon.
In every single movie?
Yes, in every single movie there is a scene where completely normal people can outrun or keep pace with Michael.
In every single movie? Like how in HK he disappears quickly after literally standing right in front of Lonnie? Like how he disappears from an alley in a short time? Like how he’s described as moving so fast it almost seems like he teleported? Like how he evaded a gunshot after the weapon already fired? Like how he disappears within blinks, keeps up with motorcycles in motion, and is even described as a blur sometimes, attacking at superhuman speeds? If people have somehow been able to attack him it is purely because of plot.
Well again:
  • All of those things can be accomplished without Michael being Mach 1200
  • Michael is hit far to consistently for it to be plot. Plot would be some normal person putting Michael in a headlock or something. Plot isn't "Michael can get tagged by humans" because he's tagged all the time by humans in every medium.

Being tagged by bullets and humans is irrelevant if by plot and characterization Michael generally doesn't mind tanking attacks. He has also deftly dodged things inhumanely fast.

PIS and CIS is still a thing in every form of fiction and we generally don't hold that against characters.

Nothing about the camera statement comes across as flowery hyperbole. If anything it comes across hyper literal since it bothered to have a second supporting sentence that specified; "Even in slo-mo."

To solidify that the statement wasn't a metaphor or figure of speech, we have an actual metaphor or figure of speech sentence to compare styles with in the same scene; with Michael's silhouette being described as 'the size of a mountain'.

In comparison the camera statement is very clinical and serious.

Being tagged by bullets and humans is irrelevant if by plot and characterization Michael generally doesn't mind tanking attacks. He has also deftly dodged things inhumanely fast.
They aren't irrelevant. Even when Michael is chasing someone down or trying hard to kill them, he'll still get hit or be outran for a notable length of time. If Michael was Mach 1200 then a bullet would be moving as slow as a snail from his perspective, let alone a human. It just doesn't fit the speed of the series.
Nothing about the camera statement comes across as flowery hyperbole.
I never said the camera statement was hyperbolic. I only ever called the "Fast as lightning" stuff hyperbolic.

What I would say is that the camera in question wouldn't be some 1 trillion FPS camera as a default assumption. It would be a standard camera for that time and would still have Michael only be some degree of subsonic rather than Mach 1200.

hmmm

See that's not a fallacy. Because that has happened multiple times: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

A fallacy would be a mistaken belief or having an unsound argument, saying "Multiple totally normal people have hit Michael in all timelines" is something demonstrably provable.

I see that you didn't fully read my comment there:

I was talking specifically about the script source since I mentioned both the films and novels afterward. The script is bad to use because scripts will always have wild descriptors to help the director get the idea of the scene down.

Michael is listed with stealth mastery in all mediums and has the ability to easily hide from sight. Combined with subsonic speed he would be able to replicate everything you mentioned without being mach 1200

Yes, but there's no "Canon" Halloween timeline since they're all canon.

Yes, in every single movie there is a scene where completely normal people can outrun or keep pace with Michael.

Well again:
  • All of those things can be accomplished without Michael being Mach 1200
  • Michael is hit far to consistently for it to be plot. Plot would be some normal person putting Michael in a headlock or something. Plot isn't "Michael can get tagged by humans" because he's tagged all the time by humans in every medium.
(For some reason some of the gifs don’t load) Numerous times and yet there’s also numerous times where he’s been shown to intercept or dodge attacks. It’s very convenient for you to ignore those moments. It’s also very convenient that you show a clip from the first film, in which Michael was generally slow, bro wasn’t even dodging anything, I don’t think using what occurs in H1 is valid at all for his speed because the later films have shown him to faster than that. And whereas you show a gif of Laurie managing to slam Michael with a pan, in Halloween Ends, Michael was also able to intercept an attack from her that was meant to be by surprise, and we’re talking about a Michael in a much weaker state. And as for the H4 gif, Michael in occasions decides to not react to attacks simply because he ignores them, we saw that the punches of the boy were practically useless and Michael was tanking them easily, if anything, Michael just simply didn’t care, something that supports this is the fact that in both H4 and 2018 he either just stands there when a car is clearly about to impact him or he simply keeps on walking towards said car.

The fallacy here is saying that Michael’s speed can be defined because normal people have landed hits on him, when there’s multiple examples of him avoiding attacks, either by intercepting them or dodging them, including bullets at times, so yeah, normal people landing hits on Michael is purely plot for most of the time, SPECIALLY with Laurie, because due to her being the protagonist she gets most of the plot armor at times.

The examples I’ve listed about him demonstrating some sort of superhuman speed aren’t to demonstrate that he’s MHS+, they are simply to demonstrate that he’s faster than he’s made out to be at times in the films (and also to demonstrate that he does react to attacks) if you agree on him being subsonic, then don’t you think it would be pretty clear at this point that normal people landing hits on someone with subsonic speed is simply illogical and unrealistic? And if we’re mentioning how he’s been surpassed in speed, let’s mention how he disappeared out of an alley so fast that Hawkins couldn’t catch up to him, also how an armed mob and group of armed firefighters were neither capable of landing hits on him, were outmaneuvered and incapable of reacting to the speed of his attacks, I could go on for god’s sake, it’s pretty stupid to define his speed over occasions where normal people have miraculously landed a hit on him when there are multiple examples of him being faster than said people.

Also stealth would simply allow Michael to go unnoticed in areas that call for it, but it really wouldn’t add to his speed, and once again, please explain to me how being subsonic would allow Michael to keep in pace with lightning, to the point where he could disappear and reappear rapidly in less than a second right when thunder strikes, almost as if he teleported. The fact that even if you bring up the brightness in the frames where the lightning is momentarily gone there’s still no trace or sight of him almost as if he disappeared completely from the place should already say enough.

And I would agree on that fragment of the script being hyperbole IF there weren’t not only an example from the novelization to back it up, but also a literal scene in one of the films that show the statement of the script isn’t too far fetched as we think.

Also scripts are literally meant to be an idea of what the film is supposed to be-

Last edited:
It’s very convenient for you to ignore those moments.
I'm not ignoring them, I'm pointing out that he's consistently hit by normal people. Something weird for someone who is supposed to be Mach 1200.
And whereas you show a gif of Laurie managing to slam Michael with a pan, in Halloween Ends, Michael was also able to intercept an attack from her that was meant to be by surprise
In Halloween Ends Laurie hits him multiple times even while wounded. So its even worse since she's much older and still stabs Michael.
The fallacy here is saying that Michael’s speed can be defined because normal people have landed hits on him,
That's not a fallacy, it's a logical argument point: The claim that Michael is Mach 1200 doesn't work when all of his other showings are subsonic and he's consistently hit by regular and trained humans, along with being shot consistently.

The speed rating is just inconsistently high.
also how an armed mob and group of armed firefighters were neither capable of landing hits on him
Both groups hit Michael. So I don't know what you mean by this.
how he disappeared out of an alley so fast that Hawkins couldn’t catch up to him
Doing so is more stealth than anything, especially considering his head start.

Also him vanishing can be accomplished without Michael being Mach 1200.
And I would agree on that fragment of the script being hyperbole IF there weren’t not only an example from the novelization to back it up, but also a literal scene in one of the films that show the statement of the script isn’t too far fetched as we think.
The claim that Michael is Mach 1200 is far-fetched. The sheer speed gap doesn't work. We don't rate Jason X as Relativistic for the same reason, even if the statement is legitimate it's just a massive inconsistency with everything else.

Like I don't think you're getting the gap here. The claim that you're suggesting is that Michael can throw attacks at 440,000 m/s. That's 12,500 times faster than his calculated speed feat from Halloween 4. At that speed, a M16 bullet would move 0.002 meters per second from his perspective.

I'm not ignoring them, I'm pointing out that he's consistently hit by normal people. Something weird for someone who is supposed to be Mach 1200.

In Halloween Ends Laurie hits him multiple times even while wounded. So its even worse since she's much older and still stabs Michael.

That's not a fallacy, it's a logical argument point: The claim that Michael is Mach 1200 doesn't work when all of his other showings are subsonic and he's consistently hit by regular and trained humans, along with being shot consistently.

The speed rating is just inconsistently high.

Both groups hit Michael. So I don't know what you mean by this.

Doing so is more stealth than anything, especially considering his head start.

Also him vanishing can be accomplished without Michael being Mach 1200.

The claim that Michael is Mach 1200 is far-fetched. The sheer speed gap doesn't work. We don't rate Jason X as Relativistic for the same reason, even if the statement is legitimate it's just a massive inconsistency with everything else.

Like I don't think you're getting the gap here. The claim that you're suggesting is that Michael can throw attacks at 440,000 m/s. That's 12,500 times faster than his calculated speed feat from Halloween 4. At that speed, a M16 bullet would move 0.002 meters per second from his perspective.
“Something weird for someone who is supposed to be Mach 1200” also weird for someone who according to you is literally subsonic, ain’t it? What we have in common in this both of us is that we both agree that he’s clearly above any speed a person could achieve, and yet you use the instances of him being attacked by normal humans that are purely plot while also claiming at the same time that he’s subsonic. You’re contradicting yourself. You also ignore that there’s already 2 instances where Michael has dodged gunshots, in the Halloween Kills novelization and in H4, if anything, the instances where people miraculously land hits on him ARE the contradictions.

“even while wounded” it ain’t no surprise considering she kept on fighting with Michael even after being stabbed in the stomach, thrown off a second floor, damn near chocked in two occasions and having her head slammed brutally against a door multiple times. Laurie’s stamina ain’t something to underestimate, the damage she took in Ends isn’t comparable to the one in 2018. On the other hand, Michael was just regaining strength after a lack of murdering sprees for literally 4 years and a bad diet (he became a cannibal, which obviously can lead to severe sicknesses), as well as multiple infected injuries, and yet Michael still had the enough reflexes to intercept a surprise attack from her. Also her being older is irrelevant because she only aged 4 years and she was still in well shape (no pun intended).

He’s also consistently been shown to be far superior than said people, pal.

Only one of them, and even then they were lucky, because once Michael got up even after all the injuries he still humiliated them, if anything, it probably seems as if he just let them have the first blow. And the firefighters didn’t even touch him, like, at all. Only one firefighter managed to spray him with a hose but Michael didn’t mind it at all, then also killed said firefighter and proceeded to disarm and outmaneuver the rest of the firefighters.

I’d give you that, it’s more so that he was stealthy however considering he was simply walking it’s obvious he had to change up the pace in his speed.

When I mention him vanishing, once again, it isn’t to prove he’s MHS+, it is simply to prove that he’s far faster than you make him out to be, and since you’ve already accepted such thing, it shouldn’t be difficult to understand at this point that it makes 0 sense that people who are at most athletic in speed are capable of landing hits on and defeating someone who is literally subsonic-

Also you really can’t compare one single instance of Jason x (you probably meant Uber Jason) being described as having such speed to Michael having more than 2.

The weapon in H4 wasn’t an M16 but ok. Also, considering that there are feats that back it up, yes, he can, and you CAN’T assume in that case that it DIDN’T go at 0.002 m/s from his perspective because we’ve never seen his perspective in the first place, it’s not like it hit him anyway, he dodged it.

I also don’t see how there’s a big gap, he already has 3 feats backing him up, and you can’t claim nether that the rest of his feats are subsonic because even in the films there’s clearly one that surpasses such speed.

“Something weird for someone who is supposed to be Mach 1200” also weird for someone who according to you is literally subsonic, ain’t it?
Not really. The average punch is between 1.7x to 2x slower than Michael meaning its still viable for him to be hit and plenty of weapons when swung will get sufficient velocity to also hit him.

Compared to a 440,000 m/s figure, that's far more reasonable speed wise.
You also ignore that there’s already 2 instances where Michael has dodged gunshots, in the Halloween Kills novelization
Again
  • Dodging bullets and being Mach 1200 are two vastly different things
  • He didn't dodge a bullet even the novelization. She never fired her gun
On the other hand, Michael was just regaining strength after a lack of murdering sprees for literally 4 years and a bad diet (he became a cannibal, which obviously can lead to severe sicknesses)
It was confirmed multiple times in the Ends novelization that by the time he fought Laurie he was in good fighting condition.
He’s also consistently been shown to be far superior than said people, pal.
Superior - Yes

Mach 1200 Superior which would involve them being literally statues from his PoV - No
Only one of them, and even then they were lucky, because once Michael got up even after all the injuries he still humiliated them, if anything, it probably seems as if he just let them have the first blow. And the firefighters didn’t even touch him, like, at all. Only one firefighter managed to spray him with a hose but Michael didn’t mind it at all, then also killed said firefighter and proceeded to disarm and outmaneuver the rest of the firefighters.
But this is the important bit here: The firefighters could react to him and would attempt stuff. Something not possible if Michael was Mach 1200.

I think you're not getting how bad the speed gap would be here. Here is a scene of Bizarro doing a feat that's roughly in the of Mach 100 to 300 range and you're suggesting Michael is something like four times faster than that. It just doesn't work with everything else he has.
it isn’t to prove he’s MHS+, it is simply to prove that he’s far faster than you make him out to be, and since you’ve already accepted such thing
If you've noticed, I wasn't against Michael's speed upgrade to superhuman or subsonic for some of his version. I was against the claim that he's MHS+ because that just doesn't work in any capacity.

The weapon in H4 wasn’t an M16 but ok.
I was using an example. An M16/AR15 fires a rather fast bullet for a common-ish civilian rifle and he'd be 12,500x times faster than it. If he was that fast consistently bullets wouldn't touch him.
I also don’t see how there’s a big gap,
?????
  • 444,000 m/s
  • 102 m/s -> Unaccepted fan calc (4,313x slower)
  • 35 m/s -> Accepted site calc (12,500x slower)
  • Baseline Superhuman (12.7 m/s) -> 34,645x slower
The gap is gigantic. If Michael were to outrun a tank round fired from a M1 Abrams he'd still be 294x times slower than lightning.

The gap isn't big it's enormous. There's no bridge here. If you want to upgrade Michael in the Green and H20 timeline to superhuman or subsonic, sure. There's an argument there. But none of them have an argument for Mach 1200.

Not really. The average punch is between 1.7x to 2x slower than Michael meaning its still viable for him to be hit and plenty of weapons when swung will get sufficient velocity to also hit him.

Compared to a 440,000 m/s figure, that's far more reasonable speed wise.

Again
  • Dodging bullets and being Mach 1200 are two vastly different things
  • He didn't dodge a bullet even the novelization. She never fired her gun

It was confirmed multiple times in the Ends novelization that by the time he fought Laurie he was in good fighting condition.

Superior - Yes

Mach 1200 Superior which would involve them being literally statues from his PoV - No

But this is the important bit here: The firefighters could react to him and would attempt stuff. Something not possible if Michael was Mach 1200.

I think you're not getting how bad the speed gap would be here. Here is a scene of Bizarro doing a feat that's roughly in the of Mach 100 to 300 range and you're suggesting Michael is something like four times faster than that. It just doesn't work with everything else he has.

If you've noticed, I wasn't against Michael's speed upgrade to superhuman or subsonic for some of his version. I was against the claim that he's MHS+ because that just doesn't work in any capacity.

I was using an example. An M16/AR15 fires a rather fast bullet for a common-ish civilian rifle and he'd be 12,500x times faster than it. If he was that fast consistently bullets wouldn't touch him.

?????
  • 444,000 m/s
  • 102 m/s -> Unaccepted fan calc (4,313x slower)
  • 35 m/s -> Accepted site calc (12,500x slower)
  • Baseline Superhuman (12.7 m/s) -> 34,645x slower
The gap is gigantic. If Michael were to outrun a tank round fired from a M1 Abrams he'd still be 294x times slower than lightning.

The gap isn't big it's enormous. There's no bridge here. If you want to upgrade Michael in the Green and H20 timeline to superhuman or subsonic, sure. There's an argument there. But none of them have an argument for Mach 1200.
Yeah…no.

Let’s figure out what the difference is between Michael’s speed and athletic speed (since that’s closest reference speed we have for people like Busta Rhymes or Laurie Strode, generally trained people).

let’s use Michael’s approximated speed for when he dodged a bullet in H4.

35.2172877628 - 7.7 = 27.5172877628 m/s

That’s a big difference if you ask me.

Now let’s try the same for normal people

35.2172877628 - 5 = 30.2172877628 m/s

In both cases Michael is more than double the fast. To that, add in his numerous FTE feats, how are these people landing hits on someone they would have difficulty perceiving, or they’d straight up perceive as nothing but a blur (because that’s what Michael is even described as at times), and quite frankly, when people attempt to attack him they don’t swing that fast. If a punch is that fast, then please send a source or calc that proves so.

Once again, I’m not mentioning how he’s dodged bullets to prove he’s MHS+, I do so simply to prove how stupid and illogical it is that even normal people people are landing hits on someone who was able to dodge a bullet at the last second, it’s quite obvious it is just plot issues.

Good condition? Can you send the fragment of the novel where it states that? Even so, when he was in a “good condition” he was clearly FAR from being at his peak, he still had difficulty submitting Laurie, couldn’t kick off a fridge, a stab to the hand made him grunt and shake and to top it all off a kick from Laurie in the knee made him retreat a lot. Literally compare that to what just 2018 Michael has taken, just within that film he’s already class 1 in lifting strength and also tanks being slammed with a wooden chair so hard it breaks, heck, not even a crowbar right in the face could do the job (this reminds me, in one of the gifs you sent you showed him getting hit in the face with a crowbar by Aaron, I forgot to say that really doesn’t have anything to do with his speed nor reflexes, he simply didn’t mind tanking it, he was wielding a weapon so very obviously Michael would be expecting an attack).

The novelization states Allyson had a tight grip on the trigger, have you handled weapons? Even the slightest pull can immediately fire off a gun, and we’re even dealing with an inexperienced person here, Allyson had no previous experience with weapons so it was very easy for her to accidentally let go a gunshot.

How did they react to him? They attempted to attack him and that was it, Michael was very clearly much superior in speed than the firefighters, whom he easily disarmed and attacked without leaving them an opportunity to react.

“it just doesn’t work with everything else he has” he has already two feats that very potentially could be MHS+ plus a fragment of the script backing it up. You’re acting as if it was exclusive to just one feat, no, it’s already more than one.

“If he was that fast consistently bullets wouldn’t catch up to him” besides H4, he evaded a gunshot right when the firearm fired, in a really short distance considering from the weapon the distance shown in the scene itself. Calc that however you want. We’re also forgetting that Michael generally doesn’t mind tanking stuff, we’ve seen him literally unfazed when they are very clearly about to strike him.

I’m also really interested to see the fan calc on the H4 feat, could you please send a link to it?

Let’s figure out what the difference is between Michael’s speed and athletic speed (since that’s closest reference speed we have for people like Busta Rhymes or Laurie Strode, generally trained people).
You're confusing speeds there. The stuff you're listing is for full-body movement, not punches or kicks. Even a relatively untrained human can get a 8.9 m/s punch, and with an object like a club or sword you can get into 20+ m/s range. Which isn't slower than Michael but not so much that he could dodge it if he's not ready for it or if there's multiple people. Compare that to 440,000 m/s where he'd be literally untouchable.

Good condition? Can you send the fragment of the novel where it states that?
He had "fully woken" and absorbed Corey's evil. He was no longer injured like he was at the start of the movie.
The novelization states Allyson had a tight grip on the trigger, have you handled weapons?
I have held and fired multiple guns before. Having a tight grip on the trigger is not the same as pulling it or firing it. We can clearly see in the movie that Allyson adjusts her grip but does not fire the gun until after Michael had deflected the barrel away.
“it just doesn’t work with everything else he has” he has already two feats that very potentially could be MHS+
He does not.

To be fully honest with you, Michael Myers is not becoming MHS+. If you want to argue a subsonic or superhuman upgrade for Michael, that is fine. But MHS+ is not going through no matter how much you try to push for it. It would be a blatant outlier and we're not going to allow it.
I’m also really interested to see the fan calc on the H4 feat, could you please send a link to it?
It's already on his profile.

Yeah…no.

let’s use Michael’s approximated speed for when he dodged a bullet in H4.

35.2172877628 - 7.7 = 27.5172877628 m/s

That’s a big difference if you ask me.

Now let’s try the same for normal people

35.2172877628 - 5 = 30.2172877628 m/s

In both cases Michael is more than double the fast. To that, add in his numerous FTE feats, how are these people landing hits on someone they would have difficulty perceiving, or they’d straight up perceive as nothing but a blur (because that’s what Michael is even described as at times), and quite frankly, when people attempt to attack him they don’t swing that fast. If a punch is that fast, then please send a source or calc that proves so.

Once again, I’m not mentioning how he’s dodged bullets to prove he’s MHS+, I do so simply to prove how stupid and illogical it is that even normal people people are landing hits on someone who was able to dodge a bullet at the last second, it’s quite obvious it is just plot issues.

Good condition? Can you send the fragment of the novel where it states that? Even so, when he was in a “good condition” he was clearly FAR from being at his peak, he still had difficulty submitting Laurie, couldn’t kick off a fridge, a stab to the hand made him grunt and shake and to top it all off a kick from Laurie in the knee made him retreat a lot. Literally compare that to what just 2018 Michael has taken, just within that film he’s already class 1 in lifting strength and also tanks being slammed with a wooden chair so hard it breaks, heck, not even a crowbar right in the face could do the job (this reminds me, in one of the gifs you sent you showed him getting hit in the face with a crowbar by Aaron, I forgot to say that really doesn’t have anything to do with his speed nor reflexes, he simply didn’t mind tanking it, he was wielding a weapon so very obviously Michael would be expecting an attack).

The novelization states Allyson had a tight grip on the trigger, have you handled weapons? Even the slightest pull can immediately fire off a gun, and we’re even dealing with an inexperienced person here, Allyson had no previous experience with weapons so it was very easy for her to accidentally let go a gunshot.

How did they react to him? They attempted to attack him and that was it, Michael was very clearly much superior in speed than the firefighters, whom he easily disarmed and attacked without leaving them an opportunity to react.

“it just doesn’t work with everything else he has” he has already two feats that very potentially could be MHS+ plus a fragment of the script backing it up. You’re acting as if it was exclusive to just one feat, no, it’s already more than one.

“If he was that fast consistently bullets wouldn’t catch up to him” besides H4, he evaded a gunshot right when the firearm fired, in a really short distance considering from the weapon the distance shown in the scene itself. Calc that however you want. We’re also forgetting that Michael generally doesn’t mind tanking stuff, we’ve seen him literally unfazed when they are very clearly about to strike him.

I completely agree with Qawsedf here. The fragment of the novel should refer to a normal camera because I doubt that the writer is aware of cameras "that catch rays" as mentioned above, not to mention that if we take the Frames per second we would only have time, and the distance is very little to the only having sliced a neck, so that wouldn't give an exaggerated result anyway. MHS+ is too inconsistent, being that like they said before, humans or bullets would look like snails to Myers' perception, and he's been shot or punched many times, hell even in Halloween Kills he gets shot down by a bunch of common people with guns. The fragments of the novels that describe him as fast as lightning are hyperboles used to give more emotion to the novel that do not fit at all with what is seen in the main material (movies) and as already mentioned, the script is bad from use because scripts will always have wild descriptions to help the director get the idea of the scene. Michael also didn't avoid a shot in Halloween Kills as Mikey mentions, as Qawsedf already said this is about her tightening the grip but not firing the gun until Michael hits the barrel, which is just what happens in the movie. Michael wasn't even slow on H1 or H2, he disappeared many times from view in a short time and from the novelization of one of those films comes the much acclaimed "massively hypersonic" feat of the camera. Simply Peak Human or Subsonic is less of an outlier than MHS+, no matter how many times it's mentioned in the novels, which are secondary canon and the movies take full precedence over them.

Back